Level 3 to CR 86 in Under 8 Hours (with screenshots)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fyshinatux, May 13, 2014.

1. Black ZeroPrime New Player

bring back the old marks and this problem will never be this extreme again. we could always convert those marks to triumph to pay for our home turf bonuses.
    • Like x 1
  2. Poo New Player

I've personally never understood why people have alts anyway. It's the same story, same levels, same everything but a different power... just buy a respec token :cool:
  3. fyshinatux New Player

Sometimes I feel like DPS'ing with Electric, others I'll want to tank with Earth... I'm not buying a power respec token at 10 USD everytime the urge comes to play a different power... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yeah, and it's also why i don't understand all the fuss about walk-ins. new players can't do this, not by a long-shot. People gearing alts in less than 1 day are usually vets. so if people are worried that someone who doesn't know his/her new power and gets to cr100+ so fast without knowing anything about it, then why not whine about respec tokens?

You can get to cr 100+ in a a role and a power and even movement mode you've never tried in just 10 seconds. So what's the problem with people doing it in 8 hours?

taking away walk-ins won't teach anyone anything, that's the biggest myth ever.
    • Like x 3
  5. fyshinatux New Player

Whilst I don't usually indulge in feeding trolls... here goes :rolleyes:

Mind you, I never had an opportunity to use WM on the test server, so I'm still learning, but what I've noticed is this.

You spec 20 points into a weapon skill tree, then put a point into the "Weapon Mastery" node at the top right.

You then spec 20 points into a weapon tree that shares a combo with the first weapon (i.e. Bow can use MA's smokebomb), get the Weapon Mastery Node in the second weapons tree, you can then access WM combos for the two weapons (i.e. if Bow and MA are "mastered" you can use MA's Smokebomb while using bow, if you spec into that node.)

In order to properly clip (some differing opinions here, but this is what I noticed myself), you have to watch the scrolling "channel" bar at the bottom of the screen (some combo's bars move faster than others.) When the bar gets to the right side you hit your power, and it should clip properly, giving the power cost reduction, as well as the increased crit chance/damage for the power used.

It has been this way (hitting the power at the end of the channel bar) for every WM Combo I've tried myself, but that doesn't mean that's the "set-in-stone" method of clipping properly everytime.

Good enough for you sir?
  6. fyshinatux New Player

As an update for anybody interested, I'm now CR 102 on my Nature Healer, have successfully healed (solo) AnB four (4) times, and have full Vestements minus the legs (IL 81) and feet (IL 91). Also successfully healed Themyscira Divided.

Just in case anyone was interested in following the update.

Next step? Get more MoF to get higher than CR 103, Strategos set incoming.
  7. JDaPrietz New Player

:( I thought was the only one who could level up from 1 - 30 in < 2 days... why? WHY? o_O
  8. fyshinatux New Player

I'm lazy, gotta get it done as quickly/easily as possible :p
    • Like x 1
  9. JDaPrietz New Player

we should level up together one day, just know, I get all Gotham and Metropolis briefings before hitting 30... but I guess I can make an exception... we'll see xP
  10. fyshinatux New Player

you wouldn't want to level my way ;)

It's kinda gruesome
  11. JDaPrietz New Player

xD
  12. PureTruth Well-Known Player

I bet you there are more smart, veteran players using this loophole to level up alts than the lazy ignorant newbies. Starting out I had no idea what a walk-in was, and up until almost a year ago still had no idea nor clue you could run higher tiered content, with a lower tiered character. I have never used a walk-in, and tiered up all my toons the way it was suppose to be done.
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

Not usually to this extreme, no. But new players with friends can easily get to endgame in less than a week without having a clue as to what their doing.
  14. fyshinatux New Player

Judging from your word choice, you're referring to my post where I said I was lazy. If this is the case, then thank you for the attempted ad hominem. Too bad it's going to backfire when i make you look ignorant.

I wasn't talking about my "grueling" walkin method, I was talking about my "grueling" LEVELING tactic, not gearing. Try reading before you make an assumption.

If you weren't referring to my post (judging by your wording, ya were), then I apologize and take back what's above (but I doubt that's the case).
  15. PureTruth Well-Known Player

16. PureTruth Well-Known Player

I think you looked WAY too much into my comment & tried to pinpoint something that wasn't there, it was a general statement, not an assault or insult to your character. You're being too defensive, and need to ease up on the gas a little.

I never said If I was for or against walkins, I just stated I didn't know about them until prior & never knew to use them. My point was no newbie would have all the general info or resources to do what you did, & advance that far in a short amount of time. So all the "Hip Hip Horay" for walkins being removed is over blown. Removing them won't change much.
  17. fyshinatux New Player

I don't think you read what I was saying... I don't care about your stance on walkins... Judging from your wording in your post, you were referring to my post about my being lazy and wanting to LEVEL as quickly as possible. Then you start talking about walkins.

That was my point sir.
  18. PureTruth Well-Known Player

Still, you're digging way too deep, and being too testy. Only thing I read was your headline & subject statements about being challenged to do to this. Then 3 or 4 comments praising for walkins to be removed. For you to automatically assume I'm insulting you with no clear direct insult in my wording is wrong. Just because I put the word "lazy" in my statement didn't mean I was referring to you. Besides, I said lazy IGNORANT newbies. From my understanding, you have formidable knowledge about this game which doesn't consider you a newbie, you have other higher cultivated toons you worked hard on and did this as a challenge. Now If you want to still ride the wagon that I was insulting, that's on you, not me. I have already to you my opposition, and I wasn't insulting you.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You beat my record. Mine was lvl 18 to 70 cr in 4 hours lol
  20. Redscreen5 New Player

I only posted for amusement it wasn't genuine. With regards to what you said about WM, for the clip buff you look at the bar less and less with time. I don't have to look at the screen you can hear the animation finish on whatever WM you are using, immediately following that sound would be the time to clip.