Is DCUO getting too easy? I'm very worried.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Azure Black, May 15, 2014.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's not dealing with the content though, that's about managing idiots. That may be harsh but really, that's the only added difficulty, is getting the idiotic PUGs to learn the mechanics and actually execute it properly. That's not challenging anything but my patience /shrug.

The non idiotic pugs, who might not even know the content, but are willing to sit listen, learn, and execute, they aren't an issue and it only takes a wipe or two before they're up to it.
    • Like x 3
  2. SirMuttonChops New Player

I just want to remind people...

There was a time when the Iconic Anomalies that were originally released weren't just considered difficult... They were nerfed because of the demands of the community. Content that I was able to do in 6 minutes was hit because most players could NOT complete it.

For those who say DCUO is getting "too easy," I ask this:

Do you REALLY think if it were made more challenging, the community would be happy? Or would they be up in arms still, fighting for the game to be made easier?
    • Like x 2
  3. Tre Day New Player

And I'm pretty sure the other side of your argument will turn around and bring up stats that back up their side.

Like I said before, we can't find middle ground with this run-around.

Those that complain about having 'no real challenge' are just as guilty of the lack of 'balance' in this game as those who think that some content is 'too hard to complete'. Once again, 'challenge' is subjective.

That is what I was getting at.

Like you said, numbers and stats don't tell the whole story.

I'm glad I don't consider myself a 'casual' gamer or a 'veteran' in this game. I'm just a 'player' that wants to play the game without the stigma of either one of those labels.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Once I finish the hoplite set from the alert I am never running the alert ever again. The discrimination towards healers in LFG has reached an altime high.
    • Like x 1
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Considering most of the good players have moved on /shrug not so sure anymore.

But you'd think having at least 1 thing that's difficult per DLC would be good /shrug.
    • Like x 1
  6. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

The game has been way to easy for far too long. Not only has it lost its challenge, its lost its longevity. That's what happens when you listen to the unskilled.
    • Like x 2
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

yes well we have no way of knowing how strong or skill pointed the guys who fail are. i almost can garunte you though the guys who leveled properly and had to grind from t1 till today are not having problems. the guys with a ton of skill points are not having the problems. the guys who short cut or get to the end game content in under 2 months are most likely the guys struggling. for about a year i was a bad player or at least nothing special but after a few powers and a few roles i became a terribly good player who has not problem getting the invites to handle new hard content.
    I say it all the time, THE DEVS NEED TO LISTEN TO THE LONG STANDING GAMER AND TUNE OUT THE GUYS WHO ARE NEW. its no disrespect to a new guy and yes you are important, but i want the game shaped to favor guys who proved they will stay and pay to play. thats the core of the profit and if i love the game as a new guy i will one day be the long time player. when i get to that point i want the game to favor me and meet my cryteria of a challange. i know new people and or some people just struggle but to turn everything into kids play as they did nexus is a death sentence to us long time guys. i for the first time am not re subbing. this is a streak of about three years coming to an end because i dont want to grind an alert. ill take my chances ill be able to catch up come dlc11 and be ready for a new raid or two. if not then hey pencil. me in for the free december month of legendary so i can see how the game changed.
    most of the problems is decisions over the gear. the huge bost in stats for t5 from t4 was crazy. alienated all other content and now its so high we go from t5 90 gear to t6 90 gear? we can so far get 92 gear but big deal
    • Like x 1
  8. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Yesterday, I did a AnB run with some guys from RUNLIKEHELL.

Man, it seemed I was doing Outer, everything burned so fast that I couldnt even throw my WM combos properly. :/

EO in Paradox still is the only thing that can be challenging in this game (if you are pugging, in league´s run, it is a joke too).

The game can be AWESOME for casuals atm, but if you are geared, skilled, or vet, everything is simple boring... I am not spending any Replay Badge with this DLC10, cause I dont need it.

I dont think SOE lost money with OC... I think it is the opposite, never a DLC got so many Replay Badges bought, cause we need it to beat Nexus/DOX.

Devs didnt read the numbers very well, then...

People like me just come back to this game because they LOVE it, or by INERTIA...

But any new game launched now, not even amazing ones, can be more attractive than DCUO atm.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It seems quite clear we need varying levels of content difficulty released at the same time. You'll find the smaller group content to be accessible to everyone in the future, and the challenge you crave more in the 8-player content coming up. Roleless buffs specifically make it so that you get compensated when a role is missing, so it isn't surprising that any combination of roles can tackle the content successfully.
    • Like x 18
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^

And we know it's coming, just its' about 3 months away, so look forward to 3 months of conversations like this one :D
    • Like x 3
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Is survival mode expected before or after DLC11? If so that might get rid of many of these threads.
    • Like x 1
  12. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i think that if nexus and paradox had the loot tables were playing with now (nexus dropping 86 gear and 87 weapons and paradox dropping 87/88 gear and weapons) there wouldn't have been as much controversy.

we have short term memories. fos2 was also a nightmare when it first went live. i remember writing a rant post about it over two years ago. i swore i would never be able to complete a full run through. i would make it to the bridge, just quit group before everyone turned on each other and then hope to get into a group at jor el.

the problem isn't difficulty. i think the game needs to cover it all. we need some easy content, we need some hard content, we need some content thats "just right" for everyone.

i was never big on the idea of novice/expert raids and content but now might be the time for the devs to revisit the idea. the game would be a lot more fun if we had a t6 Khandaq, Smallville, Oa and League of Assasins to keep us busy when we've completed our three solos, two duos and alert.

i also think the devs should consider "interim content". i know its impossible but it would be nice in between each dlc we get something that paves the way for the next dlc. a prelude. we got something along those lines with the cultists in the open world but that really didnt add anything outside of giving premium and free players a means of scoring more marks. for example our next dlc is focused on the new gods. it would be awesome if we log on one day and we get a message from orion or highfather setting things up, telling us we have to get to Oa immediately Darkseid seeks to control the main power battery and we have to fight off t6/7 ads and villains....

but if wishes were horses i wouldnt need the game to pretend to be a super hero.

mostly i just want it to be fun

(and for people not to start attacking each other when the going gets tough).
  13. KidMidnight Loyal Player

and what is "survival mode?"
    (you'd think with all the time i spend trolling the forums i'd know...)
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It's in the WIP area, but basically like the FNL PVE challenge, an arena event where you get waves of enemies to fight and you survive as many rounds as possible. Pretty standard gameplay stuff but something we've been asking for in DCUO for at least a good 2 years. Think OAN but much much much much more epic.
    • Like x 3
  15. TheMarvel New Player

Something they are working on …

Some kind of content you enter as a group (4man/8man?) and difficulty continues to increase in waves. Like levels in Pac Man. At some point Kaptain Kruel or Titanic Trenton are so beast they smash the group.

There is a WIP thread on it.
    • Like x 2
  16. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i can work with that.
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

Care to elaborate on why the buff is still needed? There have been a lot of game advances since its introduction that certainly make the buff less needed form a playing perspective.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The current plan is for Survival Mode to launch before DLC 11. This is subject to change.
    • Like x 9
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The original reasoning was to speed up queue times, since a huge percentage of players choose to play in the Damage role and would wait a very long time for the other roles to show up. What are your thoughts now?
    • Like x 10
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The game is not to easy, it's not enough content to keep anyone busy for under 2hours(not counting the looking for group), and replays have made a lot of the content seem more easy, because some of you all replay the content to full tiered gear with friends/league and then come on the forums and complain how easy the game has become, and before anyone bring up the oc raids was hard with replays, and my answer will be because the devs slowed the progression. Replays and little content is the problem imo.
    • Like x 4