GU37: Earth Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, May 9, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

Not everyone in this game is chasing grains of sand in an hourglass.

It's people like you who've ruined tanking for so long and now you seek to ruin healing, too? The alert was designed to be able to run w/ almost any combination of players.... healers and trollers being the most optional. Faster does not necessarily equal better.

I've already seen the damage that people like you have done to /lfg for TD. PUGs are insisting this setup... and skipping, too. What they get is twice the time and half the fun. I joined a PUG last night... to see what life is like for them. It was nearly a hot mess and took an hour. It only went that fast, because my healer contributed 45% of the damage in the alert.

Play the alert however you want, but don't come here telling us that your way is THE way. If you want to be fast and efficient... learn how to DPS better.
    • Like x 11
  2. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Which best group are you refering to? You must have me confused. i could get a normal set up group and run that non sense in under 13min, in Vestments gear. But since we going to go that route the best dps dont use shields to reach max dps in a role thats includeing doing it your way of running no healer, chalk that up as to why you need 2 or 3 dps to burn through a alert we are obsurdly over geared for the moment it came out.
    • Like x 4
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Exactly... Making up for average dps by throwing more average dps in the mix.
    • Like x 2
  4. Tunso Developer

Unfortunately, while you are encased NPCs are unable to consider you a valid target so that means that taunt won't work in that case. But I took a look at it and even though it's not the same, it's a minor feature that should help a little bit if you're using Brick. I changed it so that if you are in Tank and you become encased (whether on purpose by an enemy), Brick will taunt and attempt pick up the mobs.

Keep in mind that when NPCs get told to do something, they finish whatever they are doing first before moving on. So if Brick just started a long combo and you get encased, he's going to finish the combo before taunting. I imagine it probably still will be considered too risky to consider using Envelop in really dangerous 8-person raid situations but it may be more acceptable to use in 4-person content which is less risky.
    • Like x 20
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Great changes so far Tunso you guys have really been good working with us with these power updates.
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

That's cool. Thanks for the clarification and the adjustment!
    • Like x 1
  7. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Is it not possible for the encasement itself to draw aggro? Or does Decoy do that because it classified as a pet and not an object.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I gotta say, I might make another portrait of Brick. The man is a beast. ;) Probably tanks better than Spytle. (I kid! :D ) He sure can take the spotlight though! :)

You have been working with us throughout this process. We as the players appreciate your communication as well as telling us some future changes that will allow us to rethink some current changes we were asking for. Thank you! :)
    • Like x 12
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Well said Bumbling
    • Like x 1
  10. Tunso Developer

Yeah, the decoy is actually an NPC but we fake it to look like an object :D
    • Like x 7
  11. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

1 invisible aggro drawing pet rendered in the middle of the encasement.

Or not. :D Thanks for the explanation.
  12. kajutsu New Player

Thx for information. As usual great explanation of power.
    Does that mean that it's technically impossible to just multiply last tick of upheaval or increase damage tick by tick(until a cap) of jackhammer while pet is not active(for more balance)?
    Meaning that an exclusive aftershock dps can't reach damage potential of a pet dps(as it is on test server).

If it's impossible, dammed! Was so happy to play earth again but seems it will not happen(i don't like pet, it's the laziest way to dps).
    Seems i missunderstood earth power when it was released. :(

BTW, good on tank side of earth.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeathLoli New Player

Looks great but will we have the option of Damage Shift with Crystal?
  14. DeathLoli New Player

Actually i'm the one who was told "my way" was wrong (meaning crystal with damage shift in DPS role) if you've been following this.

I think you're on the wrong target. I love that any group make up can do this alert and support the dev in tuning group content this way. Dont begrudge us for experimenting with nonstandard group.

Personally i queue up and let the RNG gods decide my group make up. 8D

Hope this clears the air
  15. Sytenia Committed Player

I don't think queing up has anything to do with RNG. :p

But more serious, I've been using Crystal and Damage Shift for a while in damage role too if not for the increased EHP you get from it then for the lack of other options to add to my loadout. Now with these changes there are better options for damaging and I won't have the free slots for such a thing anymore which is fine.
    Still though 25% EHP added is like half way to the next tier of gear in terms of survivability, it allowed for a more risky playstyle at times.
    • Like x 1
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Tunso, passing on an idea from jpharrah1010, who can't post here: Would it be possible to add a large Epicenter-like 360 pull and root/stun to Envelop, at least in tank stance, since drawing aggro isn't possible?
    • Like x 4
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

As far as Crystal having Damage Shift, I really think that in order for that to happen, her damage out would have to be decreased significantly. She got quite a buff and is now considered our "awesome" mechanic, like Sorcery's Fury. Just adding back in Damage Shift would be unbalanced.

EDIT: Along those lines, something to keep in mind is that we cannot get the WM buff while Crystal is out. If you want Damage Shift, run with Brick in DPS stance, and you'll have full access to WM.
    • Like x 6
  18. blklightning New Player

Were you told that Crystal w/ Damage Shift was wrong... or no longer an option? That combo has never been wrong. Many have used it. It served some good purposes. It's just no longer an option. I want to use Jackhammer w/ a shorter cast time (like it used to be). That is no longer and option, but it doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

I apologize for misunderstanding what you were saying. In my defense, your words left it very clear that the "best" way to run TD was sans healer. That is subjective at best.

Take care,
    HoS
    • Like x 2
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The user you replied to is trying to save face and take back what he said. Im not going to do that, im again say what I said before damage shift in dps is like running sorc using boon of souls adding hp to content where a mob con litterly take that added hp off in two hits itsn't a effective use of a loadout space however if its useful for you then its good but the best defense in that alert is offense being again to kill the adds before you are.
    • Like x 1
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

One of the things I feel is that with the change of the order of powers, to be exact Totem now and almost impossible to use a jackhammer, crystal, totem, Debris Field, Shards, and Reinforce! No points left over for this. Since I'm forced to use other powers. And two more you spend in powers icons. Really this is very complicated ...:(
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rumblecrush: I enjoyed the change. But I think they could do as was done in firepower Meteor. When choosing this power you had access to the previous stone. Just as the power of fire is with Meteor. This would not only enable greater personification of the characters as it would be much fairer.:)