Is Weapon Mastery Useless for Support Roles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ultimate Alpha, May 6, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

They aren't using it correctly, then.
  2. Cara EL Well-Known Player

lol thanks ya I would love to see a good Wonder Woman movie but with DCs record it might be a flop
  3. Tre Day New Player

I was thinking of that very thing while I was playing. Then I thought about it, and then considered that some of these so-called 'beast DPS' would be made to look bad...

(ponders)

OH. MY. GAWD. YES.

:D
  4. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

In my mind it is basically a damage boost, if they were worried about support they would have made it where the final WM combo would increase power out or Healing out to yourself and group. Up to this point I use the WM trees to only add to my innate boosts.
  5. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

She'll be in the Superman/Batman movie
  6. Cara EL Well-Known Player

Yes I heard and there is speak of a Justice League movie that is rumored for 2018 way too far they better make it a movie to wait for lol until then I believe they are finally giving Wonder Woman her own movie as well as the other Justice League members lets cross our fingers and hope its worth the wait :D
    • Like x 1
  7. l0blivionl New Player

That just mean you run with a bad healer, as a healer you have to know when or when not to do a combo because it not a healer job to do the damage...healer is there to keep the group from dying...damage is just like the cherry on top.
  8. Cara EL Well-Known Player

Yes everyone wants the cherry but no one can have it until they finish the rest of the pie. This means do your job first then put out damage.
  9. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

I have now tried WM on my tank...it is more "fun" trying combos..but it easily can take me out of my aggro rotation and adds will slip loose to terrorize my group. I know I will get better with practice but, so far, it seems like a wash.
  10. The God New Player

But do you really need that? It's not like you're going to use wm when you are doing very hard raid, you'll be blocking all the time not to get your *** handed to you. So do you really need something like 30% hp on an easy alert where you can go on rampage and dps a little? I don't think so. And when I'm doing alert as a tank, I'm not really using that little power, because I'm using 1 shield after each wm combo, so it's almost like I'd be dpsing.
  11. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

No. I don't need WM now. I tanked all of the new content with my CR90 gear and no weapon mastery for 2 weeks. It was easy. It is even MORE easy now, except when I am soo distracted by trying my weapon combos that I forget to stay on my taunt rotation. It doesn't matter for now, but it will matter for DLC 11 when we get 2-3 new raids.
  12. Kroye Loyal Player

I've found the Brawler-to-ShriekenStorm combo has been really great as a controller to quickly get my hit counter up to superhuman level once every 30 seconds or so. I've also found the reduced power cost for timing my instant power heal very helpful.

I haven't yet tried it as a tank or healer yet, but I can see how it would be harder to reliably and consistently work into your game at all times due to the nature of those roles - you wont always have time to complete your combos due to the reactive nature of the role. However, the added stats unlocked and the damage bonuses to some common combos are beneficial. Plus, I think they had to walk a fine line between making the "perfect timing bonuses" beneficial without being over-powered, and I am content with what they went with.
  13. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

Background 103cr, 128 sp and I've completed everything in this game as a tank and dps. Almost everything as a healer. I think wm is least useful for tanks BUT it depends on what kind of tanking you're doing. If you're ice tanking a "hard" raid where you need to shield and turtle the whole time then no I personally dont think it is worth the risk. As fire I def don't like it. And the last time I tanked I was dual specced as a damage rage tank and I didn't use rage crash...then is when it mattered the most. I was putting out CRAZY healing and damage numbers. For trolls and dps especially I think wm is mandatory, as a healer and tank I think it is def situation based depending on the level of content pertaining to your gear and the current fight youre in...there are times as a healer or tank where it is just not viable. You can say the same for trolls on a VERY situational basis (last boss A&B manhunters come to mind).
    Just my 2 cents

-Doc
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Pretty sure tanks get to CC stuff which gives opportunity to do more than turtle. Plus no raid I have done so far had my life constantly draining when faced with a boss or adds. Everyone plays different, but I can assure you I won't be holding block the entire raid no matter how hard said raid is. :)
  15. The God New Player

I'll if need be. No need to put additional pressure on healer just because I want to do some dmg, which will be equivalent to 1 sec worth of damage of our dpses. Of course you can dps, but our priority is getting stuff focused on you, not kill stuff, that's dps' job.
  16. The God New Player

As I said, if raids will be difficult, there most probably won't be time for you to attack anything, or you'll get killed.
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Not once did I mention adding dps. I just said there are more ways of tanking then being prone. Versatility does play a big part in that regard
    Edit* all roles deal damage in this game btw so I'm not seeing your point when you say not kill stuff
  18. The God New Player

As I said, our priority isn't to kill stuff, of course you can do it, but it's not a priority.