Invite Me Back!!!...Please?!?....NO???! :(

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealDeathern New Player

I pugged a few T6 alerts yesterday... This is something I typically don't like to do, but I did gain some insight on a few things in game.

The most notable is there is no loyalty when pugging... We had made it all the way to the last boss, with me contributing significantly doing massive pick ups as the two dps I was running with seemed to believe they belonged to the tank class...

So how is a 2700 vit troll with 160 SP's rewarded when he dc's?

That's right. I didn't get dded back.

PUGS: Show some respect for the individuals who have helped you through the entire instance, if they DC invite them back.
    • Like x 13
  2. Cara EL Well-Known Player

Ya that blows I feel your pain this has happened to me so many times its unacceptable how much time you put in and it gets unrecognized by pug groups its so unfair to be able to finish it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mister Majesty Committed Player

That's pug life. (tm)
    • Like x 2
  4. Ebon Angel New Player

The lesson? Stop pugging and run with us!
    • Like x 2
  5. Radium Devoted Player

Don't pug and expect anything remotely close to a good experience, be pleasently surprised when you have one.
    • Like x 4
  6. BumblingB I got better.

TheRealDeathern left the group.
    /g Everyone vote no. We can wait.
    /friend TheRealDeathern
    TheRealDeathern has been added to your friends list.
    TheRealDeathern has logged in.
    /voteinvite TheRealDeathern
    /g Everyone vote yes, please.
    • Like x 17
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea pugging sucks most think just grab another blank and lets finish this. and I completle agree with you people should invite you back but there are times when people just leave like for example I was running a predominately league run of A&B the other day were most of us were on alts trying to gear them up a little better. and we pugged a DPS from one piece not going to name any names but we were all talking in chat about the gear we had and how most were unmoded while doing the first few rooms. we weren't having any problems but the one piece guy just left.... we thought he froze so when we got to the boss we tried to invite him back and he joined and imediantly left again and msged us saying he wasn't running it with us. we all shrugged and just said screw it we can beat it with 7 and finished the raid with no wipes.
    that is just a example of how people think in this game that gear is everything and that everyone should be to their standards. I don't mean this post to be disrespectful of one pieced the league that player just made for a great example of the community in this game now and personnaly I find it sad it has changed to this.. long story short pugging comes with all kinds of surprises
    • Like x 3
  8. Eranthis New Player

SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME :(
  9. Feenicks New Player

I hear a lot of horror stories about the Pug life. I haven't pugged in years. But one thing I find odd is I'll hear about stuff like this and then the next week will have another story like this......and from the same people! Masochism comes to mind! :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Opamp Committed Player

I'm not sure what the problem is.....

If you leave the game - then of COURSE they are going to look for a new player. Who knows where you went.

If you say "Hey I need to switch toons" or in my case my sound wasn't working I said "Hey - reloading DCUO to fix sound". They always invite back.
  11. somerandombats New Player

league is life league is love......
    • Like x 3
  12. Badname654 New Player

Ill see you in court mister
  13. Silent Juice New Player

no respect for hard working trolls these days is there
    • Like x 1
  14. X-zero Loyal Player

That works if at least one other person listens to you. But in a straight queue in pug it is more like..

TheRealDeathern left the group.
    Vote to reopen the instance
    /g Lets give them a few minutes in case they dced
    /friend TheRealDeathern
    TheRealDeathern has been added to your friends list.
    Vote to reopen instance has passed
    TheRealDeathern has logged in.
    /t TheRealDeathern They reopened the instance so can't get you back.
    [/quote]
  15. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I've never had that happen...

Thanks for letting me know that I have actually been lucky in something in this game!

But overall: PuG life sucks...
    That's all there is to it.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheRealDeathern New Player

You weren't on...
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

Just Deathern, no real in game but yea you get it... :D
    • Like x 2
  18. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I like that you finish this long story with "long story short":p
    • Like x 2
  19. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I always try to invite if the other person has been in the alert for more than five minutes, unless they're actually a problem and the group was being too nice/forgiving to kick them outright. If I see somebody contributing and playing their part well then i'll try to invite back, but the PUG mentality is to replace them asap, and most people pug'n have muscle memory to reopen/vote yes before thinking twice. Honestly the devs need to fix the linkdeath option and put it back into the game.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ebon Angel New Player

Us, as in league. Most of your terrible experiences are outside of the league. The pug life is only if your skin is leather and you don't mind being under valued. Pug means the parts are interchangeable. When one leaves, find another one. These people are not friends, just random players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.