Please go DPS when you enter the duos!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Franchise, May 4, 2014.

1. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

I can, and have, soloed both duos because people I get paired with abandon the instance when they see that I do them in healer role. I've had a LOT of DPS yell up a storm along the lines of "OMG WHY ARE YOU A HEALER" while I proceed to out-dps them by the end of the instance. There's no excuse for letting a healer out DPS you when you're in DPS role.

If I out dps you as a healer and you're a dps... you suck, sorry, but it's the truth. This goes for alerts and raids too, and believe me I've out dpsed my fair share of "DPS" on raids and the like as well.

It's people who dont know how to play the game and then b!tc# up a storm about the game being to hard rather than learning the game mechanics and how to be good that bring down the DCUO community as a whole.
    • Like x 9
  2. Franchise New Player

I am not trolling, just frustrated getting paired with a healer majority of the time. since my power is rage, last thing I want to see is a healer.
  3. Yolo New Player

wait what? you're rage and still complaining about slow burn? do you need a respec token because i will be willing to donate to help the disabled.
    • Like x 5
  4. lordchampion Well-Known Player

Try doing the t5 duos with dps only I bet you will fail badly
  5. Yolo New Player

is this a serious comment?
  6. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

And I'm glad that it's your opinion. In my opinion, please run any role except DPS. Let me do the Damage. :cool:
    • Like x 3
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

If I run the T6 duos as the dps, i'll take any support role over another DPS any day. I can handle the burn fine on my own. Being able to have a support role in there means being able to get any associated feats with the duo in question in one shot, even if I have them already, I can help the other guy/gal get them. If I see another DPS in there, I switch armories to support role unless said DPS isn't using WM (they need to be, that's part of the intention with T6).
    • Like x 3
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You will be happy to know you never have to worry about me showing up in your duo as a healer or troll .. because I have a buddy I team with regularly and I never run duos with anyone else.

now that we have that out of the way .. Seriously? Have you even teamed with Celestial Healer? Especially now that Armories make combat switches so easy. I have done both.. just run in heal mode from start to finish or run in DPS mode till we hit the final boss and then switch to help keep my friend alive while we both pound on the boss. Same thing goes for my Trolls and I have several of those.

I NEVER switch my Quantum out of Troll mode and the stuns I have keep most mobs hanging helpless while we beat on them and my supercharger turns the damage a boss is doing back on him when we hit end battle. That doesn't even take into consideration the attacks I have that debuff so the mobs or boss take more damage or the fact that I keep a DPS in action by keeping the power up.

Yeah its possible to burn through a duo with two DPS but its just as much fun and generally a lot less stressful doing it with a support character along to either keep you healed or keep your power level high. But hey you play anyway you like.
    • Like x 3
  9. Franchise New Player

im complaining about slow burn? I just want a more useful partner in a duo. and If you was smart enough to read the other posts, you would see that DPS IS NOT my main role, I just go dps in duo missions, in alerts/raids, im a tank. so save your respec token, thank you
  10. Franchise New Player

done it multiple times already, which is why it is my preference lol. all success
  11. Yolo New Player

yes but even if it's not your main role rage hits so hard that ads should be melting in front of you. and yes you are complaining about slow burn. the title says go DPS. there's no other reason to have 2 dps except for faster burn. it's obvious you are not good at rage dps so as i said before i can donate a respec token to you. find another support power that you would actually be good dpsing with.
    • Like x 1
  12. EzioNight New Player

I like running with trolls let's me kill everything way faster.
    • Like x 2
  13. Franchise New Player

obviously you missed the point, I DO NOT NEED A HEALER as a rage toon. I say go DPS cause imo it is more useful while running a duo. I even said I end up finishing the port of paradise duo by myself.
    Considering that you made a thread posting why you keep getting yelled at and cursed out in A&B and arguing with other people on how "your way is better" I see you have a history of missing the point :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. Feenicks New Player

Play the role you want.
    • Like x 3
  15. Yolo New Player

if you don't want to run with a healer then do it with a friend. also having a healer means you don't have to bother doing the rage crash thing either. i just don't understand how a rage dps would need to complain about any role he gets in a duo since for a rage dps it's basically a solo.
    • Like x 3
  16. TheMarvel New Player

Without a doubt, the most enjoyable runs for T6 duos are 1+1 (dps/support).

Yes, 2 DPS can do it … but the luck on a draw of 2 DPS that *can* do it smoothly in a queued instance is much less.

I'll take no wipes and + 3 minutes, thanks, Bob.
    • Like x 6
  17. xXxALLSTARxXx New Player

I will continue to troll in Duos i ussualy get partnered with people that know how to DPS and use their powers and if i run them with my friends its even better.
    • Like x 4
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Why not stay healer. I am out dpsing every dps I get paired with. I tell them I dont need them to do this duo I can solo it. They are just there to watch.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dephyre Committed Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont know what u mean its better to go as dps + troll than as 2x dps for example