PVP Ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Jeff Bond, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Hero of Justice New Player

Well, except for the Safehouses and Arkham Asylum, but yeah :D Legends has always felt far more even-matched and competitive than Arenas to me, and i think there is a good mix of playstyles and unique elements on the Legends roster to keep it fun.
    • Like x 1
  2. Loonyta Level 30

On top of all that bs if you havent played in a while you are unsergeared and half of the time will get matches up vs full t5 and most of those idiots wont want to finish the game so they will wait infront of spawb to win by kills and if you leave tou get deserter. Either get killed 50 times and waste money on repairs ( currently premium ) or get deserter
    • Like x 1
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Just tested this, using outrage or any ability that cancels rage crash ignores all damage even when the debuff is used.
    • Like x 2
  4. realTREDD New Player

the movement debuff speeds the crash up which is a huge hit to rage since its a timing powerset, sometimes it seems instant because the time has allready elapsed pre debuff.
  5. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I am aware of this, what are you trying to say?
  6. realTREDD New Player

from the context it seemed like you dint, seemed like you were saying the debuff had no effect on rage, but nvermind.
  7. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

No, I made a post earlier in the thread stating that if a debuff is used while the opponent is using an ability which ignores rage crash then the damage is still ignored. I was told that it wasn't the case but I tested it and it is indeed true, hence the post.
  8. PillowHands Committed Player

So you have to hit the canceler at the exact same time as the movement debuff?
    • Like x 1
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It is ignored if the debuff lands within the window of either the power or the combo, so it's not exact but is ignored if the debuff is used within say a 1-2 sec window.
  10. Dr Cryoseism New Player

I like this game but my main focus is going to be PVP once I get to that level. But my fear is that I'm going to invest tons of time into getting gear and discover that the PVP is utter garbage. I'm new to MMO PVP and MMOs in general(except for PS2, which really isn't relevant to DCUO), so everything everyone is talking about it like a foreign language. But from the sound of it, it seems very imbalanced and luck-based.
  11. Lordtritan New Player

I was pvpin last night and a earth tank killed me with one shot while my soul well shield and healing circle was out and all i saw him doing was the martial arts ninja star throw. #lagswitchingmuch
  12. somerandombats New Player

earth tanks are preetty tough in pvp ive had a few last untill time vs my ice tank. game ends with no deaths
  13. PillowHands Committed Player

Good to know. Never tested exact same time. This could help some rage players if they use the mechanic. Still kinda luck based since you have to predict when the other person will try the debuff and hope you have enough power.
    • Like x 1
  14. somerandombats New Player

wait wait wait dont tell one pieced this they are already killing everyone..... (jk)
  15. RiskVsReward New Player

Earth is great for pvp, not so much for pve
  16. Redscreen5 New Player

Currently on PS4 PvP is absolutely shambolic it's almost impossible to block break prior reaction with how much lag is apparent. For anyone who has both PS consoles test PvP on them, from what I've witnessed the combat mechanics are more solidified on the PS3.

The button lag issue is also a massive problem which I posted to EA regarding BF4 and they said it's a Hardware problem. The dualshock 4 is the worst controller Sony have released it uses bluetooth instead of Infrared which allows the connectivity to be slightely interrupted (depending on distances and other UI interference). This is what causes the input configuration lag (al.ost half a second) and having been through five DS4 controllers it happens regardless. it has nothing to do with Internet connection. Ridiculous that a so called next gen console uses hardware which is less effective than its previous version.
  17. PillowHands Committed Player

Can I tell SOL? :oops:
  18. BroJPri New Player

this is ridiculous!