SP requirement for WM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ComicsKid, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ComicsKid Committed Player

I think having to spend 42 skill points to unlock weapon mastery is just way too much! I would rather take the critical attack chances and damages over weapon mastery. I see that benefiting me more during gameplay then simply adding a move and a PowerShot to my combo. With the amount of skill point that I need just to unlock weapon mastery, I'd be better off spending them on other innates. It should be like 22 points to unlock weapon mastery for your weapon in general. I don't understand why I need to unlock all of the attacks in a weapon that I'm not even using just so I can get one attack from that weapon to add to the weapon I am using. sounds like a big exciting waste of skill points to me. Especially considering that you can only achieve less than 180 skill points in this game and you have to unlock most of the moves in each weapon just to get to the valuable innates they offer so you can stack up your innate levels
    • Like x 8
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I mean but who uses more than 2 weapons though. But for the innates yes its extremely crazy to have to spread those skill points around.
  3. ComicsKid Committed Player

It's not even about that. I'm just think WM should unlock with only 10 sp or something more reasonable than 21 in one weapon and 21 in another
    • Like x 4
  4. Blue Hound New Player

I agree.
    • Like x 1
  5. Caleus New Player

I thought the requirement would be too much at first but surprisingly it isn't as bad as I thought.
    • Like x 3
  6. ComicsKid Committed Player

Yes it is!
    • Like x 5
  7. Caleus New Player

Is it due to your lack of Skill Points? I don't have that many Skill points myself and I don't really see much of an issue with it.
    • Like x 1
  8. ComicsKid Committed Player

Oh, no! I have plenty of sp. I'd just rather use them on critical attack and chance than blow 43-46 on just opening WM.
    • Like x 1
  9. ComicsKid Committed Player

In fact, I have 5 toons with more than enough sp
  10. Caleus New Player

Hmmm I see so it's more preference?

I went and specced for 1H fully with the innates then DW and HB for the mastery and I had enough SP to get me the good majority of Critical stats, I believe I stopped at rifle, so I'm missing, Shield, Staff, and Two-Handed innates.
  11. ComicsKid Committed Player

Think of it like this; all those great innates you use to have like extra precision, might, healing magnitude, etc....... you have to give up at least 43 to achieve 1 extra move to your combos and at most 67 for the full effect
    • Like x 2
  12. Redmash New Player

I like it. It a refreshing change up... On a lighter note: CR103 Solo troll looking for Nex, Fox, A&B
    • Like x 1
  13. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

WM is costly but not all bad...i have 124 sp and I have one usable WM combo. I use the shield range combo so I spent my 44 sp and went on. I had enough left to get all the T1 innates for every weapon plus all the necessary flight ones...so 6 sp in the flight tree. Not too bad and 124 sp is not too bad to get too. On my second toon I have 122 sp and unlocked every Wm combo in the Handblasters so all 4...and none of the extras in flight except super sonic flight and still had enough for all T1 innates but 1...need 3 more sp for the last weapon. Just an FYI

Edit..I also increased my might and precision on both toons by specing into WM...so no down side IMO, On my First I gained like 50 might and 150 precision
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

The reason for that is that this update is suppose to last a while so they dont have to redo the weapon trees for a long time or after PS3 is dropped. It also gives people with low sp( ex. <150) to catch up
  15. Ghostof91 New Player

Agree, I spec all my sp into weapon mastery, didn't notice I forgot to leave one for my Supersonic:D

Too much Skill points needed though.
  16. cuzimbetterthavyou New Player

Have to make sure people waste more time grindind them skill points right. Gotta keep the sheeps busy.
    • Like x 1
  17. RiskVsReward New Player

You mean, make sure they are buying replay badges to unlock those sp they grinned on other characters
  18. The God New Player

Why not both? If you've got enough sp as you're saying, it shouldn't be a problem to get at least 3 wm, and all crits + some might and prec.
  19. NecronDaark New Player

It is expensive, but in both my Troll and DPS respeccs, I increased. More Vit and Dom to my Troll and more Might to Damage. The supercharge timing is pretty small though. I can't seem to hit it.

But I was concerned WM was going to cost too much to be worth it. I had the innates in every weapon open, now I only have 3 weapon trees open, but the stats are right there within a few points of where I was before. This actually makes me want to grind feats even more because I can see how many freaking points I still have sitting out there to use!
  20. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

Yea i agree to much sp, reduce it to 12 sp please.
    • Like x 2