Major Game Changes We've Survived

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Man, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Twilight Man New Player

With new major game changes several hours away (Game Update 36), lets take a moment to reflect on some of the major DCUO changes we've survived in the past.

-The game that was once $60 up front + $15 a month to play changed to 'Free'.
    -The ability to Hold Block multiple times per second was reduced.
    -Several separate PvE and PvP servers were merged into one giant Mega Server.
    -The Melee and Range attacks of Nature's Wolf form were re-worked and 'streamlined'
    -Feats were made purchasable with Replay Badges
    -The Flash was given his own open world area (Central City) with bounties, enemies, vendors, missions and items to collect.
    -The 1st popular Rifle grenade and Dual Pistol glitches were addressed by developers and the result began the communities dislike for these weapons.
    -The Original in-game voice actor for Booster Gold (Tracy W. Bush) was replaced with new voice actor Frank Curtis
    -Novice and Expert level difficulty Raids were added
    -All weapons received a reduction of the Hold attacks, no longer requiring a lengthy press of the activation button to perform the move.
    -and many many more.
    • Like x 7
  2. Larfleeze New Player

Man, I totally forgot about the Slip Shot bug.

That was so beast.
  3. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Yeah but THOSE changes didn't break the game.

J/k
  4. Brice Allen Loyal Player

That was a travesty. New players have no idea how crappy the new Booster Gold voice actor is compared to the old one. Man the original did an amazing job.

Also, you didn't list the Transmute shenanigans. Once upon a time you could Transmute Shuriken Storm and pretty much one shot every damn person in front of you. Then there was Clown Box. Oh the Clown Box. :p
    • Like x 11
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Dont forget we survived the hack.
    • Like x 5
  6. Feenicks New Player

The game is not broken.
    • Like x 1
  7. Yolo New Player

marks of whatever were turned into marks of triumph
    • Like x 1
  8. Twilight Man New Player

I can't remember exactly when, but the first time they reduced the effectiveness of our Restoration statistic and increased everyone's Health and Toughness. I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details of it but that sticks out the most in my memory.

I stopped playing for a week when that one happened (my one and only 'temper tantrum over a game change' moment in this game). Think I had around 1900 Restoration when it happened.
  9. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

J/k

Means just kidding.
    • Like x 3
  10. nogimmick New Player

each and every one of these, the sky was falling....

go outside right now. look up. it's still there.

for everyone who says this update is the worst thing to happen to the game, i beg to differ. you know what the worst thing that could happen to the game could be? they finally end it. they pull the plug. everything else besides that....we'll survive.

always have...always will.

deal with it.
    • Like x 4
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Those werent even in the same stratosphere as the changes about to take place.

If we are considering Streamlined wolf form animations as a "major update" then I would classify GU 36 as an Omega-delta code red update (really, really major)

Most of the updates in the past have made small changes that worked with the core gameplay, but this is completely changing it...The combat system is this games biggest draw next to the "DC Universe" title...Changing it is a ballsy move by the devs, so they better know what they're doing

No update has ever received this much attention or has had such an outpouring of disagreement from the community...Im holding out to play it, and ill be here for the long haul, but you can bet that this is the type of update that some people will quit over
    • Like x 3
  12. UMBRA Well-Known Player

• Consumables drop rate from promethium lock boxes was drastically decreased.
    • Shared loot changed to individual loot

Some people gets like this every time there is a significant change:
    [IMG]

In order to continue reading these forums I had to learn to enjoy the reactions from drama queens :cool:
    • Like x 8
  13. Chicago Bull New Player

The next "big" one shall be the PS3 drop.. DUN DUN DUN
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Your list is missing tons of things, good and bad, like the Mail glitch that allowed people to dupe money, marks, etc. Though, that was a product of the Megaserver merge. Though, if you are just talking about overall enhancements to the general game it has come a long way since launch day.
  15. Errorcode1058 New Player

I miss the Brawling + Flight buff.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zeo Committed Player

[IMG]

• Like x 2
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

-Combat Mechanics everywhere
  18. Pandora Demon New Player

Worst thing that can happen: Increase difficulty of all raids, Nerf each stat, Nerf each role's ability, and Making a Raid containing one room and one boss( A batman); one batarang throw( equivalent to Martial Arts tap Triangle) will kill anyone no matter their tier or stats. This is Highly unlikely, but that will most likely be the worst GU of all Time.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

adapt or die :p
  20. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

None of those even compare. The only change in combat like this was the reintroduction of PvP mechanics in pve. That doesn't compare either.
    • Like x 1