Primeval demons feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Srone, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Iron YoJimBo New Player

To stay at the top of one supprt game, & to stay in end game content period , it's been made pretty clear that max (or as clase as you can get) skillpoints is best. I've had WAY too many "community" members when I was playing in the past give ME crap about "not wanting to improve yourself". Well, I want to run all the content I damn well paid for, & without commentary from others. & run it WELL. You see all those crazy "solo" videos? That folks with pretty much max skillpoints. Ask Deathmike.
    • Like x 1
  2. Statman New Player

It's ridiculous that it takes doing this to actually finish the feat. It's kind of what people are rallying to get changed, it should take 6+ months to get it done naturally, that's way overkill for what the feat actually is.
    • Like x 4
  3. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I understand the frustration. It took me a while to grind out this feat too, and I run the WL solos every day on 3 toons. Some long stretches with no demons at all and every once in a while, two in a row. That said, it was never a feat I felt I had to actively seek out or farm. I just figured "Meh, it will happen eventually," and it did. It did take a while, and I immediately bought the feat for my other toons so I wouldn't have to think about it any more.

Now that I have the feat, whenever a primeval demon pops up (like it did last night), I think "Aw, jeez, now I have to kill this stupid thing before moving on." I actually HOPE there are other people lurking around so they can jump in and get credit for it.
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Just got this a few days ago. As bad as the spawn rate is, I will not be buying this on my 2 other T5 toons. They're still doing the WL dailies, so they will eventually get it.
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Sadly, that's the only way to do this feat in anything under a year. Before I started that, I was on track to take 18 months to do this feat. This is, in my opinion, worse than some of the style feats. After all, with the style feats you can play the instance where it drops, and throw replay badges at it if you so choose. With this one, throwing badges at it only gives you a chance to get the mission that gives a chance to get a Demon. And if there are kill stealers around, you may not even get credit for it. At the very least, they should make it so opening a portal guarantees you credit for the kill, as well as giving some to the actual killer.
    • Like x 2
  6. Arcpope New Player

I agree and you guys totally jumped on him he just voiced a valid opinion . I also figured out the way to do this(or was shown lol)
    It just makes the feat that much better when you obtain it knowing others do not have it yet.

Also are there not threads on this same subject sayIng DC is too easy for feats now a days.....
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

Wait, are you guys insinuating that only one person will get credit for the kill when two people contribute damage? That goes contrary to my leveling up experiences and the way SOE describes how reward contributions work. The only way to kill steal is if you blast the NPC with so much excessive DPS that the other person never a gets a chance to attack.
  8. Tikkun Loyal Player

Between my league members and me we had the quest 6 times in 3 days and saw two Primevals.
  9. Psycfyre New Player

17/19 Primevals.... so close I can almost taste it. Of course it's going to take another year before I get those last two. >_<
    • Like x 1
  10. Green Lantern New Player

To finish this feat, I just ended up hanging out over in the area and waiting for someone to come by and do the mission. The demons actually spawn fairly regularly.

Just don't be one of those guys who sits there and watches the person do the mission and only jumps in when a demon spawns. Actually help them kill the adds!
  11. Iron YoJimBo New Player

Do you try to group up with them? I haven't landed this mission in over a week but that's something I'm curious about trying.
  12. Paradox Well-Known Player

It's not mandatory to group with the player who has the mission for both of you to get credit. However, both of you need to do some damage if you're not grouped.

Alternatively, you can be grouped and one of you doesn't have to do any damage and both of you will get credit.

Incidentally, sometimes players don't seem to realize that a primeval demon has spawned leaving the primeval demon to be defeated by whoever happens to be near.
  13. Green Lantern New Player

Nope, just jump in any time a demon pops out, you'll get credit.
  14. winter13 New Player

Yes...but you also take credit away from them half the time. I run the envy mission every day, but only get the Envy to Die For every 7-10 days. I haven't seen a primeval demon in close to a month.
    • Like x 2
  15. Green Lantern New Player

How do you take credit from them? I used to do this mission with my wife all the time and she always got credit when I did.
  16. winter13 New Player

On at least 3 occassions I have not gotten credit for the primeval demon when it spawned, and I was the one that had the mission, because somebody swooped down and killed it before I could get enough damage in. Or in one case, before I could hit it at all. You were likely in group with your wife. That is different. I'm referring to players that camp the area, and then swoop down and steal the kill when they are not grouped with you.
    • Like x 1
  17. winter13 New Player

^^This...and the frequency of actually getting the envy to die for mission and then actually getting a demon to spawn, makes this the worst feat in the game in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  18. Green Lantern New Player

Well fear not, I share the wealth,
    • Like x 1
  19. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I can verify that happens. It has happened to me twice. I got a Primeval Demon and someone jumped down and started attacking. We both contributed damage and I got no credit. This is very frustrating when it happens.

I have also had instances where someone does this and I do still get credit. It's hit or miss on the credit. I am at 8 of 19 on this feat and I run the Envy missions around 5 per week and get this mission at least once a week. This is one of those feats that frustrates me to no end and it's only worth 10 points which makes it even worse.
    • Like x 2
  20. winter13 New Player

Getting this feat will be like obtaining the holy grail when I'm finally done it. I expect to hear angels singing when it happens

That may be 2 years from now, but it is eventually going to happen
    • Like x 1