so photon blast is finally getn fixed...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thelostczarnian, Apr 23, 2014.

1. thelostczarnian New Player

i wonder is the damage output will be brought in line as well since it isnt rage/hl/celest...also known as the intended top dps powers?
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

We've been over this. They're intended to be at the top because they utilize high risk high reward type mechanics, which all the other powers will be getting over time during what would appear to be a new revamp.
    • Like x 8
  3. xDEATHnTAXESx New Player

So up until this eventual revamp either fork over your cash for a power respec for a DEV approved top dps power or play your support role when pugging. Otherwise get ready to be booted before the group even starts once they learn your not a top dps power.
  4. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

the "dev approved top dps powers" aren't actually the top dps powers... Despite what they are saying.

Besides, they have already stated that all powers will be balanced through a "power mechanic" or "Weapon mastery".
    • Like x 6
  5. RiskVsReward New Player

You forgot nature and sorcery, the Devs have also confirmed them at the same level as HL rage and celes. Although HL and Celes are looking less than top 5 on test right now.

Also, compare photon blast to rage when it becomes vulnerable to block or interrupt, does not gain a 2000 toughness boost and isn't immune to cc effects. On live, photon blast is the best no risk move. No risk and high reward = op
    • Like x 1
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

No risk with a white mod. Photon Blast is vulnerable to interrupt without it.
    • Like x 6
  7. RiskVsReward New Player

And who is using it without the white mod at high level play?
    • Like x 1
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

It reads as if you didn't know it was vulnerable to interrupt.
    • Like x 1
  9. RiskVsReward New Player

Lol, not really if you read the whole post, since I listed empowering channel benefits "adds 2000 toughness, not vulnerable to interrupt, immune to CC"

I just assumed people knew what I was referring to, sorry for the confusion
    • Like x 2
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Aren't you the optimist. Part of the reason the devs made weapon mastery free is so you can use it as a place holder until the revamp as WM is balanced against power mechanics.
    • Like x 3
  11. RiskVsReward New Player

Ummm, nature and sorcery are top dps powers in pve and they are free

Ice, gadgets and mental are the top 3 pvp powers and they are all free
    • Like x 2
  12. xDEATHnTAXESx New Player

It's not free to change powers.
    • Like x 1
  13. xDEATHnTAXESx New Player

I was an optimist at one point but experience has jaded me. I was Sorcery from launch but was forced to change power types before the last Sorcery revamp as a majority of PUG groups would kick me before the instance even started when they asked for my power type as a DPS. I mean I didn't even get a chance to prove them wrong.
  14. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

That bites.
    I wish people would at least give you a chance before kicking.
    Nowdays, the Vote to Kick is the most spammed OP power in the game, IMO.
    • Like x 1
  15. thelostczarnian New Player

that is actually very good news as far as the other powers getting some slick mechanics like the big three....heck im all for that. sounds refreshing actually
    • Like x 1
  16. thelostczarnian New Player

everyone and their dog has white mods now...and if they dont they should...and if they cant i really dont give a hoot
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. RiskVsReward New Player

It's free to wait until the balance pass though
    • Like x 1
  18. RiskVsReward New Player

"Big 5". The devs added sorcery and nature to that mix
    • Like x 2
  19. junglejim New Player

I do in top end pvp. Cant have stealth and photon white mods . I rarely get lunged cos people assume id be using empowered channelling . I use photon as intended so it makes no sense to lose the white mod for stealth p.b is for when I think it'll get the kill with it not for spamming or using defensively. Its risk vs reward for me. I hope it doesn't get nerfed to death. Aslong as the damage is still worth the risk I wont mind too much but I fear the worst

Hope I explained why empowered channelling isnt a no brainer for p.b stealth mod will 100% save me . P.b wont and it doesnt guarantee a kill either . P.b blast was lethal before h.t mods came out. It still is without it if your use of it is clever
  20. RiskVsReward New Player

No offenses, but it can't be high level pvp if they don't notice that little "vulnerable to interrupt" icon above your head. Any good player lunges when they see that, especially if it pops up while a finisher is happening

And it's now on par with the better finishers in the game (not light blast), it's hardly nerfed bad at all. It's just not miles ahead of other finishers now