New changes to WM skill points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aqua Surge, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larfleeze New Player

Gotta get those youtube views somehow
    • Like x 2
  2. Simon Phoenix Active Player

No we should not be forced to unlock all weapon traits.When I use HB I do not need that stupid uppercut move and should not be forced to pick it.Being forced to pick all weapon traits would totally kill my maneuvering skills while I attack.
  3. Black Star New Player

Agreed. I think the requirement should be lowered to 15 or 16 SP. If you WM 3 trees to maximize the benefit of WM, that would save you 3-4 SP per tree, 9-12 SP over all.

I lot of people forget to mention that GU 36 (w/out WM) gave us new innates, there is something for everyone in every tree.
    DPS: 3/3 crit/crit chance
    Healer: 3/3 Heal crit/crit chance
    Troller: 3/3 Dom/Vit/Power that give crit power one the 3rd point each time.
    Tank: well, tanks have never had too few options in trees: Def/Health/Dom/Resto 3/3

We will miss those SPs on live. It only takes 7 SP in a tree to get the main buff for that tree. Losing one or 2 of those points hurts if you're a maxing perfectionist or at least want all of your basic buffs unlocked.
    For example: On live I have 120 SPs on my DPS. WM as I've been testing requires
    Main tree: 21 (mastery) + 3 (WM innates) + 3 (WM combos)
    Secondary WM trees: 42 (mastery) + 6 (WM innates)
    Total: 75 SPs

That leaves me 45 SP to go through the other trees and grab as much crit/crit chance 3/3 I can get.
    There are 8 more weapon trees requiring 7 SPs each to get the crits. I'll be about 9 SPs short of my goal. More or less 1 and 1/s tree short. That makes my original argument above a little more personal I know but I'mnot the only one who hasn't maxed out on SPs.

Devs please consider 15-16 SPs Weapon Mastery
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Star New Player

There are 3-4 moves that are required per weapon tree for WM not all.
  5. TheMarvel New Player

Respectfully, if you are only 9 SP short you are on the doorstep of having it. It gives your play value. The WM setup is to provide progress headroom for many players for months.

Having it all today is waiting for the DLC and, sploosh, it is over.

I mean, I'd bet if you dedicated the time now you'd have it by the time the DLC drops.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

How does heath not benefit you? Or power? Because they do. Try thinking outside the box and your role to what is good for that group. 20 is just fine and the Devs said that they aren't changing the required number of SP.
    • Like x 1
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Everyone remember the Gear Price / Premium thing?
    If this is not in the update notes I'd assume that it's not intentional - until it's confirmed
    Rather than posting a video to panic everyone it might have been better to making a thread in the testing section asking if this is intended.
    • Like x 2
  8. Drakonicus New Player

Kind the point of the video. It doesnt have to be accurate. It just need to be controversial, so it attracts view for a monetized youtube channel. Thats seen to be the MO of the pearson who made it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Here's something I posted in a PM response on the topic:

"Well, actually, when I look at them, they aren't useless. I mean, I'm looking at the Brawling tree right now. For DPS, I have all the attacks, the 3 tier 1 crit attack chance, the 3 tier 1 health, and the 6 tier 2 might and the WM box. Those are all useful. If I spec healer, I would get the tier 1 crit healing chance instead of attack chance and tier 2 resto instead of might. If I spec troller, I'd go with the tier 1 dom instead of crit chance, and the tier 2 vit, instead of might. For tank, I'd also go with the dom, but use the tier 2 power, unless I was Fire, then I'd take the tier 2 resto. Are they all optimal? No, but they all have usefulness. Honestly, the only really poor choice is tier 2 power for non-Fire tanks. From what I've read, most people are upset about the total cost. They want to be able to jump in and master all their weapon attacks as soon as it drops. Ain't gonna happen. Don't see them budging on this one."
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Star New Player

If I could get 9 SP that easily this wouldn't be an issue. Not to mention I'm fairly causal I've just played for a long time. That plus Replay exchange of SPs got me to 120. Some of the SPs I transferred were from Toyman missions from launch. Some were from the alert feats from 2011. No one really runs these causally anymore. I generally avoid PvP since cheating angers me enough to stop playing the game. I'll do it here and there but nothing consistent. So, for me, there's not much left. Grindy stuff [10000 gathers, 7500 salvages, 1000 paradox demons, etc] This game is not my job. If I get the SPs I get them but it would take a considerable amount of time for me to get 900 feat points.
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  12. TheMarvel New Player

Then I guess mastery has a price and you don't especially see the value of the cost.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong … I am simply stating you might have something of a relativistic view while the entire system has to be balanced for players like you, *holics, semi-serious, rich, poor, introvert and extrovert … not to mention the monetary considerations.

I am sure you want it … and if you 'reaaally' want it I am sure you can find some raid, DLC or styles feats. If not just know that progression will bring it in time. Getting the Devs to lower the costs is not, IMO, the better solution.

One thing I see few pointing out is once you have mastery there are some moves, like the base tree, you will never use. Personally, I can see at least one WM in every tree I'd probably never use … if for no other reason than that I don't like 'it' (2 handed, Rifle, etc).
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

What it comes down to is choice. No one in the game will have enough points to max out their roles with WM....for years to come. When I got enough SP to max out my tier 2 healer innates, I pretty much stopped farming. Wasn't much of a point. Once WM hits, I will have a reason to farm SP for as long as the game exists. Until (or if) I manage to rack up enough to max my role, I will simply have to weigh the costs and benefits of incorporating WM combos and the new innates into my builds. IMO, this is a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  14. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

I actually thought it was already like this. :oops:
  15. Black Star New Player

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it should be lower just so that I can WM every tree. I simply see the number of SPs I have a perhaps median if not upper median of the player base. I ended up having 5 total character. 3 of which I got to T4 status, and 2 are currently maxed out in T5. That said, before SP sharing, I had to grind out 5 characters worth of SPs. There was no way this was happening if I had to work for a living.

I'll take a chance and guess that most players are in about my range 90-120 SPs if they have bothered chasing every a few SPs. For those people, 20 SP required is a bit too high. On the upper end, 160 SP would seem lazy. And on the low end, 60 SP is a miracle.

If the Devs could at least keep the middle and upper tier of SP players happy then I think WM will be more successful than if they do not.

Only my opinion.
  16. DG-MOD-02 New Player

• Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.