New changes to WM skill points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aqua Surge, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Here I am thinking that WM is going to be hype. #hypeisdead
  2. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Bottom line is this.

20 SP is way too much.

I can deal with learning all the attacks even though half of them are completely and utterly useless.

Just do this devs. Have us learn all the attacks, grab 9 points in innates (3 from t1, 6 from t2). Then allow us to grab WM. There is no need in causing us to waste more Skill points.

You guys said you want to make having a lot of skill points useful, but just putting on absurd requirements is rather annoying.
    • Like x 7
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I use riffle but do not spec the motar (5th spot in the line) as I like to use the front/backwards flips and this activates mistakenly many times when doing things quickly. I should NOT have to spec this or at least have the option to take it out like not having a certain power in your load out that u had to spec into to get to a better lower tree power. We should b able to spec into what skills we want & disable those we don't want to use but still b able to get the WM.
    • Like x 1
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

all these changes and still not what we asked for. 2 tier s.p. percentages not stinkin' 2 dom, 6 power, etc. This is all a complete waste of skill points.
    • Like x 2
  5. EzioNight New Player

I still think 20sp requirement is a straight waste in moves I'm never going to use! I seriously hope they change it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

First you need 21 skill points to master the tree as the Weapon Mastery trait counts as 1 skill point.

Second you need to keep in mind the following:
    1. You do use the attacks you obtain in in the other tree in the Weapon Mastery combo (that is the point of the whole system).
    2. The attacks can be included in the 20 skill points you need to master the weapon for the innates (you will want these innates anyway at some point). It is not 20 skill points + the attacks. It is 20 skill points in total.
    3. You will want to unlock the innates at some point anyway. So if you include the required combos in that 20 skill points it takes less skill points overall to use multiple Weapon Mastery combos for multiple weapons (+4 for the chain traits on top of the required amount for the tier 3 innates that you will end up getting anyway).
    4. At a minimum you need to spend 16 skill points to get to the tier 1 and tier 2 innates for your role. An additional skill point to unlock tier 3 innates which means you spend a minimum of 17 skill points in each tree already. You are left with 4 skill points to spend. This can easily be placed in Health or tertiary stats (Dominance for Healers/Controllers, Restoration for Tanks, Health for Damage(/all roles), etc.) or the combos you need to use additional Weapon Mastery combos for other weapons.
    21 skill points is not that wild of a requirement given what the average player already spends in each tree per role. If you make your character well rounded instead of a glass character then you will have no problem spending 21 skill points.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mathalos Well-Known Player

This does make sense. You will only lose out on filler passive stats anyways. It really should not have that much of an impact at all.
    • Like x 1
  8. Speciez New Player

Once again, false information is being put out and the sheep flock to it. Please put away the torches....
    • Like x 3
  9. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

I'd say make the attacks the only requirement and drop the 20 point requirement.
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

why not make it not 20 but instead 16 sp

the 20 sp forces u to place sp into places where you would never place normally
    or inmates that you dont need for your role
    • Like x 3
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Starry got the information wrong, its okay, not the end of the world, we arent perfect. As others have pointed out, you need to unlock the Combos associated with the Weapon Mastery so it unlocks to be used. As his example in One Handed, instead of the 4 down the middle, you need to grab the 5th one due to it being required for Weapon Mastery.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Why have a point requirement at all? What do innates have to do with mastering a weapon? The combos I can see. How about just fill in enough moves to open up innates and make WM one of the innates?
  13. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Left Click then Space Bar. Rinse and repeat :).
    • Like x 2
  14. Little Sister New Player

The changes makes sense. I don't have a problem with them.
    • Like x 2
  15. ShadyMilkman New Player

16. TheMarvel New Player

THE VIDEO IS WRONG

Each tree has a required selection of moves, not all of them.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO UNLOCK THE ENTIRE TREE
    • Like x 4
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thank **** someone actually reads!

The hilarious thing about that video is while he's spreading fear amongst the community, convincing everyone the big bad devs have struck again, screwing everyone over, for a good portion of the video, he's highlighted the weapon mastery box and it clearly tells you what's required.You don't even need "insider knowledge" or access to the test server to realise that.

Almost as hilarious as his "THE WORLD IS OVER" Hard Light video when GU36 was put on the test server.

Take everything with a grain of salt, people.
    • Like x 2
  18. OperationDark New Player

People need to stop jumping on the lets bash anything and everything about WM and actually read and learn whats going on. Like some other poster have stated the information from OP is wrong!
    • Like x 3
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

Thanks OP for posting a pointless 4+ minute video with apparently bad information instead of writing a sentence or two.
    • Like x 2
  20. The dark knight New Player

20 SP was way too much to begin with.
    There is no reason why anybody should be forced to spend SP on bonusses that don't benefit their role.
    I hate this. I'd be alright with the 20 SP requirement if I could put these SP into innates that actually benefit my role. But as it is now, it sucks. Really hard.
    Make the requirement:
    - all weapon traits
    -6 more innates (that should be feasible for every role without "wasting" any SP on non-role-affine bonusses)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.