Why does it go down like this???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SpicyMoonlight, Apr 16, 2014.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Is T-bagging a downed opponent worse than turning the cog (O-button)?

Not gonna lie, I t-bag all my friends.

But for a random encounter, what warrants this? Just curious what the community thinks :)

Also what exactly is that cog for? I'm mean if it has no purpose, why not tie it into a feat?
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It takes a ***** to T-bad a downed opponent.

Although I have to admit that when you do take down a *****.... it is very tempting to T-bag him. ;)

As for the cog... it's purpose is for PVP arena. When an opponent is down in a match and you activate the cog.... it slows down his recovery a bit and buys you an extra second or two.

edit; Damm..... replacing the "T" of T-bag for a "D" gets censorerd... oh well . ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. General Zod 10000 Post Club

T-bagging>Cog

I T-bag everyone. No one is safe! :mad:
    • Like x 7
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

t-bag for the win ;)
    farming is easyer in pvp phase, a random new or not so well geared players sees you and attacks. Random player loses, t-bag for disturbing my route.
    Seems legit.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I've even been lucky to witness someone not get revived and the entire hall of doom proceed in t-bagging him. It was funny but I kinda felt bad for the guy.
    It kind of reminds me of a schoolyard fight and everyone crowding around to see lol
  6. Darksilver320 New Player

So, I was trying to think of a good analogy, and I think this best explains it. For anyone that's ever watched baskeball, or football (NFL so as not to confuse anyone) it's like that moment where you just have to posterize someone. That dunk over another player or that hit that just demolishes another player.

It's those moments that you just go.. "WOW that just happened" and you rewind it in your mind over and over and get that moment where it makes you put you hand over your mouth like you witnessed the incredible and are in awe. I seem to recall soe rather fun t bagging moment this past Sunday in Metropolis... It's a shame the heroes didn't enjoy it as much as we did =)
    • Like x 1
  7. Tikkun Loyal Player

T-bagging is the gamer's version of a handshake. It's like saying, "I respect you enough as a player to take pride in your defeat good sir."

(Haha!)
    • Like x 3
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

In my book if you are doing a proper fight then you shouldn't Bag or Tie up.. Disrespectful

And to those who say it slows down their recovery time... lol i'd rather have them a second earlier than tie them up

If they are your friends and you're cool with them then bag away
    • Like x 1
  9. Rassophore New Player

T-bagging is fun. I do it to friends and unknowns alike. I also throw exploding barrels at folks in alerts or shoot the barrels if I see my pug-mates standing next to them.

Last night in ST in the room right before you fight Angry Guy, I was picking up the bombs and running them over to the healer so we'd both take damage when they esssplode.

I do NOT turn the cog though. It's a big no-no for me, unless the other team in a match is doing.For whatever reason, I find turning the cog pretty low-brow and offensive. I know it's nothing, but that is something I just don't do, ever.
    • Like x 1
  10. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I think its hilarious...both on the giving & receiving side. If any1 is getting their feel goods hurt from players doing this...remember its a game. I think its quite nice to serve your opponent a nice cup of tea after downing them...its really the least you can do.

The only thing that annoys me is when people send tells trying to be tough talking smack...internet tough guys are so comical
    • Like x 2
  11. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yeah when they start that crap I just ignore them. Sore losers.

My favorite is " I had my arena loadout on". Lol seriously????
  12. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I t-bag my teammates when they get knocked out. I tell them I'm fixing their gear with my taint.
    • Like x 1
  13. Flightboy New Player

It works 60% of the time which is the same as everytime!
    • Like x 1
  14. The Johnny army New Player

I've T-bagged a tank in our league instead of picking him up. We were in an Operation, open world part, he went down and I went straight for him, that block button almost came loose. It made the both of us laugh out loud on Vent :)

As for PvP stuff, I'll hit the cog if there's any advantage to it (winning time), but the concept or fun in T-bagging an opponent eludes me. I do enjoy hearing a team mate of mine (orange bird!) say female toons shouldn't be allowed to do it because they lack the... required equipment...
    • Like x 1
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

T-bagging is specifically meant to be disrespectful. It is an insult and should be taken as such (unless it is just a joke among friends). Hitting the cog however, is not disrespectful. It is an intended game mechanic designed to slow down the recovery of your opponents giving you the time difference that could make or break a loss in a match. It was put there to be utilized and so I will utilize it.

I was in a 1v1 in batcave one time and I kept hitting the cog on my opponent whenever they would go down. After about 3 rounds of this they private messaged me cursing me out for doing it and telling me there was no reason for it and that I was being an *** hole. I then explained to he/she that there is a reason for it and what exactly that reason is. I also told them that if they don't like it, I don't give a **** lol.
  16. JonnyD New Player

cogging or being cogged at the end of Lair Battles... fun times :confused:

also, I know it's supposed to be offensive (???) but I don't get the eating...
  17. Twilight Man New Player

Female character + Flirty personality + Stand over defeated opponent + Rest emote = Best T-bag in game

[IMG]

Female character + Comical personality + Stand over defeated opponent + Rest emote = Second best T-bag in game
    [IMG]

Male character + Primal personality + Stand over defeated opponent + Rest emote = Third best T-bag in game
    [IMG]