This Game Needs To Stop With the PvP Gear Grind

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Reckoning, Mar 9, 2014.

1. DarthDiggler New Player

The whole replay badge thing killed PVP for a while. Peeps just didn't play when you had to spend replays.
    • Like x 2
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

The gear grind also keeps people queuing, so the queues stay fuller and faster.
  3. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

Don't let that intimidate you. There is no substantial change in the amount of marks that it takes to purchase a new piece of PVP gear through each tier due to the increasing amounts of marks when you move to the next tier.

For example, when attaining the Vengeance gear, the rings cost 50 marks to purchase at 20 marks per win (2 wins and 1 loss would get you a ring). In the next tier, the ring costs 100 marks to purchase at 40 marks per win (again 2 wins and 1 loss to get the ring).

This pattern is the same throughout the tiers, the cost of gear doubles, but at the same time, you receive twice as many marks than before, therefore making it to be no change at all in the amount of time it would take to obtain the next tier.
    • Like x 1
  4. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

No...... I'm playing a mmo, not a fighting game... I want to grind a toon and smash your freshly carried 1 week old toon. -This is what MMO PvP is all about..- Sorry, but people like OP is why pvp is in the horrid state it is in now; That and other things.

GW2 sucks =/ ... They just introduced mega-servers because of lack in population.. The game is failing, It's a niche title that is going to maintain a small player base. Same as gw1

Play legends, Although both play pretty bad right now.
    • Like x 3
  5. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

lol working on my third toons gear for PVP Electric healer with acrobats mwhahahahaha and the grind is totally worth it ...
  6. Green Lantern New Player

True. I think my problem is I just queue 100% of the time and at times I'll just get on really long losing streaks, like 8-10 matches in a row. When that happens I start losing interest really fast and then it gets to the point where I just don't want to bother anymore.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ganymedes New Player

This is a rpg (supposedly) it is all about the grind how else are u going to feel like ur doing something important when ur really not obession helps u forget about how unproductive u really are...keep the grind
  8. Ganymedes New Player

Sounds like the average case of gamer ADD learn to look more carefully and dont just play and not learn something everytime and work with somebody good that plays pvp like the ppl that beat u add them to friends list and do 2v2 with them
    • Like x 1
  9. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

If you are on USPS servers, I'll help you out if you just ask, especially if it's Legends PvP.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse Creator League

Maybe not if you get carried by your league??
  11. J Zmooth New Player

That's a question or a statement?

And it's still highly improbable based on the time frame .
  12. Multiverse Creator League

Question.

Being carried by ones League seems like a way to get fully geared quickly.

Although no idea if even then it would be possible to do in 2 days.

But Being carried by ones League... if all you get is wins thanks to your leaguemates and to facing PUG groups... that would seem like one way to speed up the process.
  13. IxSAIDxFREEZE New Player

whats t1 pvp gear Avatar Bomb or Aeronaut? and if i get full aeronaut how many mov will i get per game (win/lose)
  14. DPRINCE New Player

no juust no. it's an mmorpg grinding is expected and i like the grinding in pvp it's better than pve grinding where it's whoeverbuys the most replays that gets bet gear fastest. and having good gear doesn't make u OP because others can get the gear if they put in the same amout of time.

what is OP is the insane powers.

i mean rage and celestial. yeah most people done still mention celestail among OP powers because rage makes it look like **** but compare every power with my quantum u'll see that the only one's that outdmg it by a lot is rage and celestial. to beat a rage dps i have to beat least 2 cr's higher i'e tried every loadout there is good one's bad one's wierd one's rage and celestial mostly rage it's just insane.
  15. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

Avatar Bomb is t1 still, they just eliminated the t0 gear and added it as a purchasable style with Marks of Valor (Archangel).
    You will receive twice as many marks as you did before.
  16. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

You can logically beat rage and celestial with quantum because they use so much more power than we do to keep up on the leaderboard :p
    Warped Reality + Hand Blasters FTW!

Plus, quantum is very evasive and has the ability to survive of 10 compared to other powers because of QT and TB
  17. KingJProud New Player

"PvP gear grind"
    you either don't know what "to grind" means, OR you don't know what "to grind" means...
    either way, "grind" and DCUO were never meant to be together :3
  18. DPRINCE New Player

i
    dont know if u pvp alot but i do and ur kinda wrong. in 4v4 scrims yes being a quantum TROLL not dps TROLL makes it easier to survive than other powers. However, when u u are dpsing in 2v2 lair against 2 rage dps ur screwed. the speed of their burn is unrealistic.
  19. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

-Block-
    -HL DPS smashes one-
    I've won the majority of arenas, but I haven't ran into a team of two rage dps, so we will have to see. ;)
  20. IxSAIDxFREEZE New Player

Alright Thank that wuld help alot to get my 150Mov for styles