Are you kidding me?! Enough is enough!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Peach4saints, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Peach4saints Committed Player

Hi,it's me again:).At what tier do you stop teaching players how to do their roles or give tips when they're not doing what they're suppose to when you que up or form groups for instances?

I usually stop at tier 4 because if you've made it to tier4 and don't know what to do,i'm not going to spend hours in an instance teaching you.

Although when i pug lower tiers i usually go in with the mindset that some players will not know their roles by then,so i'm a little more patient at those times.

Also do you think it's justifiable to kick that group mate at your certain tier limit for not doing their job?

P.S. to all tier5 players who pug lower tier instances and kick the the group mate who is of appropriate cr for that instance,you really need to rethink your actions because you came into that instance of which he/she probably need the marks more than you do so that they can get better so you can have more players to run instances with.
    • Like x 4
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

With as easy as it is to reach Tier 5 now, new players are doing it in days with the right contacts. I've been teaching some Tier 5 players about POT.

Based on the above: There's no limit to when new players need help learning their roles. It's too easy to get to end-game right now.
    • Like x 3
  3. FuryX New Player

I go into lower teir assuming I may have to carry it with my own abilities.. sometimes you get lucky and don't have to work as hard but I don't have much patience for teaching. These sites have a plethora of information and it not my job to spoon feed anyone.. the information is out there if they are the least bit motivated to learn and get better.
    • Like x 2
  4. Anhur Committed Player

Never stop giving advise.

If you have legitimate feedback for a player, provide it and hope they'll take it on board - I've been here since day one and still welcome feedback if someone says they have a better method for something I'm doing.
    • Like x 3
  5. FuryX New Player

Just reread my post and it sounded harsh.. I would never talk down to or kick anyone and I am ok with feedback just not the whole I have to teach you cause yer lazy thing. If I can't overcome the play of my pug I would just leave..
    • Like x 1
  6. Darksilver320 New Player

Ok couple of things here .. I'll respond to the red area #1 - You're thinking is a bit lopsided, getting marks does not make them a better player at their role, I can lead a horse to water, put it in a bowl, put the bowl to their mouth and that horse could still be clueless. What they need if they don't know their roles isn't marks but experience or they just need to play a different game.

#2 Absolutely. Lately I've seen a rash of players with no mics, doing what they want during raids not paying attention not even trying to be a team player.. You are insane if you think they shouldn't be kicked. I don't care if they look like Natalie Portman, if you are going to waste my time, and the time of those in the raid as well.. buh bye. (Ok well Natalie Portman could stay lol)
    • Like x 3
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't stop giving advice. I might be pissed off a t5 controller doesn't know what Power Over Time is, and they may get kicked from the group as the middle of Paradox Wave isn't the place to be learning about that, but if someone asks me for advice I never turn them away. By doing so you forfeit your right to complain about them not knowing how to perform at their best.
  8. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I have had terrific luck with skilled and courteous randoms lately. Especially (but not limited to) on the villain side.
  9. Deltaheat Well-Known Player

I have the most trouble with Controllers. Either they're legit or they don't understand p.o.t., or they won't use their power discharge - or both! These same folks won't respond when you try to help them (kindly), so they get the boot. It's the most frustrating when it's in T5 alerts. So to the OP - I feel ya brotha:mad:
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

First things first, good title this time ;)

Now to the thread.. I do agree that people in T4 should know the basics and it is frustrating and it is no place to be asking for PoT or how heals work, tanking etc.

That being said, Don't kick anyone.. no matter what, if you are experienced you might as well just ignore what they are doing and pretty much carry them. I know pugging isn't pretty but yeh its worse to kick them

Don't PUG T5 raids tho, too many CR 103 30 SP people in there nowadays

I get what you are saying the concept is right, PBG or Gates isn't a place to learn considering you have 3 tiers below that, however never kick
    • Like x 1
  11. Ogat New Player

With how easyly you can reach end game no tier is the "cutoff" that beeing said..
    I just don't care at this point, I'll give advice when asked for it, otherwise i'll just finish the content and not loose too much sleep over it, You can make almost everything and everywhere in this game work so.... Also at the end of the day it's just a game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Deranya Dedicated Player

The moment you stop helping, the people get worse. Things in game change as well as some tactics. Even if you think of heroes going villain or villain hero. Tactics can be different, league tactics as well. So never stop helping, never stop teaching or explaining. :) Those that want to know and to do it right will listen and ask ^^ and we should be answering. It will only make the community better for everyone
  13. IdontDps Committed Player

i would but i hate getting 10 tells a day about walk-ins or the "are you busy" "can you help me" or a random invite to a raid that i hit ok on by accident (waiting on pvp....dox pops up) then they wont excuse