Blocking on reaction

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Apr 12, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So someone sent me an on game message wondering about how to block on reaction. I'm a little better off than he is but not at the point where I can really explain it too well.

As for me... I've sort of hit a bit of a wall in PvP. I'm at the point where I don't run into enough players who conisistently beat the hell out of me so it's getting harder for me to learn some new stuff.

I'm generally able to block break on reaction, but blocking on reaction is much more difficult for me. I'm able to pick up on certain patterns and get a good idea of when to block, but that's not necessarily blocking on reaction. Any tips?

EDIT: I do know that certain weapon attacks have certain sounds associated with them so to listen for them. That's helped me immensely.
  2. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Try practicing with someone who's better than me!
    LOL!
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

We only did fight a couple times :p
  4. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I know.

Mostly I played practice dummy...
    Not real fights.
    I'm good at being a dummy!

(But did I at least get a chuckle?)
    • Like x 2
  5. Deathmike Devoted Player

It's a little harder than getting block-broken on reaction (when you see someone ranging and you immediately react by blocking).

Deathmike out.
  6. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Fight me! I always enjoy a good fight. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Uspc?
  8. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Oh I'm USPS :oops: guess another time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Doktor Wixxer Level 30

Only very few moves are blockable on reaction (without superhuman skills^^). These include for instance the rifle, ma, hb lunge; 2tap hold of 1h or Catwoman's whip.
    In general you wanna predict when to block and only do the block breaks and interrupts on reaction.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

If you have ever played against me you will know i will rarely block.
    I can easily blockbreak in reaction.
    Each player plays differently so let them hit you around for a few times find out how they play. (Most follow the same pattern).
    and you can easily catch them off guard when you can suddenly block em.
    MA users usually go tap tap tap tap hold (Clip)
    Brawling tap tap tap hold (clip) or tap tap tap hold hold (clip)
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's kind of confirming my suspicions then. I'm able to pretty easily able to catch the rifle on reaction and a good chunk of the staff combos. Don't forget them :p

What I've been doing recently is letting them hit me and just blocking to get the stun. A lot of my damage comes from when they're down. At least that's what I do a lot of the time.

I you did seem to get somewhat predictable when I played you. Granted we need to have a match where I'm not using Circe to really grasp the full effect of it.