Just raise the cash cap for Premiums?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KeyuBaN, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Sinnvoll Well-Known Player

You have a point. It is not actually "needed".
    I am a premium and thats what i do, i always have a few stacks of EIs in my inventory to make sure i can always repair.

That being said there are premiuns and premiuns, theres people who spend $5 and people who spend $100's (again keep in mind that some people just can't be legendary even though they can afford it and spend about the same), and imo its not really fair that the restrictions are the same for both. I mean if you actually spend money you are supporting the game, your loyalty should be rewarded.

Of course come Christmas time the guy that has been legendary gets a random trinket, the guy that was legendary 1 month gets a legendary month for free, and the premium that spends $100+ gets nothing.Cause thats how we reward loyalty.

p.s. that ideia about the escrow refilling itself is actually pretty good
    • Like x 1
  2. KeyuBaN New Player

For the people who are basically implying that they would drop Legendary access for a measly 8k premium cash cap increase, I highly doubt that. You people (including myself) went legendary for 2 main reasons....I myself wasn't trying to spend $160 on DLC's when I was first getting into the game. I Then realized that if I went legendary, and had access to pretty much anything in game, just for $15 a month. Ever since then, I have subed to this game (with additional purchases here of marketplace items like weapon skins and stuff).

Now if you were to unsub, you wouldn't have access to DLC's or Unlimited Cash cap. Buy an Escrow and all DLC's you need? You might as well just go legedary...because you're looking at at least 2 DLC's you might actually NEED, and 1 or 2 other DLC's you really want; Plus an escrow. That's about $40-$85 you're looking at just to play to your "full potential" instead of spending a small fee of $15. Idk what the reasoning behind players buying all the DLC's like this is, But they definitely pay alot more then most Legendarys have paid.

The point I'm trying to make it, if you ever go legendary, it's most likely that you will stay legendary for the time you play the game. Premium Players, as I see it, contribute a lot more to the game then just "another player" and that's why I think they deserve a cash cap increase to $10K.
    • Like x 1
  3. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

im voting yes. and I am legendary as well. limiting people on how well they can be an effective teammate does not benefit me.
    its not how I get my kicks. I am not better than anyone else. im a gamer.
    • Like x 1
  4. Will Power Loyal Player

Their is the unlock currency that lasts 7 days or go Legendary. Spend your dollar dollar gez. Money makes MMO's run if they increase the Cap to Free 2 play they have to increase Premium's too and in turn increase Legendary's max allowed money. Cash amounts would have to increase all around the board.
    • Like x 1
  5. Laff Riot New Player

This right here. I agree with Kal 100%. And also the OP. They need to give you guys at least 5,000 min so you can buy more things and not be so restricted.
    • Like x 2
  6. Roland Deschain New Player

i'de be ok with upping the legendary cash cap if they had any :)
    as of now btw subbers got a new perk, unlock a new legend toon with marks instead of real cash, and this won't be a one time only toon if what spytle said was the truth for all the new marketplace legends characters, or at least some of them, adding some more to the subbing value
    premium still got the same old same old, 5$ or 100$ or 1k$
    but i'm keeping the positive thinking, they lowered t6 cash cost, they added a new perk to subbing, maybe this is a new era of devs hearing to players ideas :)
    maybe some time around dlc 50 or 60, when a wipe will cost 80k to repair the armor they will add 1 or 2k to the cash cap :)
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Could a F2P player get to T4?

At some point they will have to buy a DLC I would have to believe, and I have to say it would be awfully weird to see somebody who could not trade items in gear from a DLC anyway.

With the exception of T4 inner they will have to spend alot of time grinding marks to buy the T5 gear don't even think they would see the portals to get walked in.

So why are they even at play in these conversations?

As far as increasing the cash limit, yes they have escrow cards in the broker which is good or the player could simply sub up, but I'd say it probably should scale with the cost of the materials to make materials of currently own DLC Tier level and nothing more.

There is a 3rd option for those with limited time to play and that is not to play at all, but I feel that the 3rd option is crazy because as it would be like a potential customers is being chased from staying in touch with the game.

A lot of cost in any marketing is done by word of mouth with DC being no exception.

To automatically dismiss future gamers or to limit owners of content from some features in the content is interesting at best.

Even with the fact that those that continue to purchase the content purchase even more content is a great selling part when you describe it to somebody who could potentially become a subber and unnderstand that life has it's coincedences (pay for a year sub and a work schedule get's adjusted with more hours due to more business and they know it would be temporary for a month here and there for example).

The last part being sarcastic really.
  8. RSL New Player

wait, there's a cash limit on premium players? this is the first i've ever heard of it.

also...

of course the OP is legendary. he's only looking out for everyone else. you know... that's how the internet is. honest, hard-working folk, looking out for the other guy.
    • Like x 1
  9. winter13 New Player

With a $10,000 cash cap I could unsubscribe, buy 3 dlcs that I still need feats from, and call it a day. Loyalty points and replay badges aren't as significant as you think they are.
    • Like x 2
  10. winter13 New Player

Hey, I just accidentally quoted myself for the first time. :confused:
    • Like x 2
  11. twistedstranger New Player

it will never happen the devs don't care even if the community as a whole voiced to raise the cash cap it still would not happen cause they would be forced to make legendary not a waste of money atleast for ps subs. I am all for a cash cap raise but at the least the devs could come in here and be honest and say that it is on the cards or not and never will be but do they do that no they let the community speculate and stay silent. but that is just my opinion:cool:
    • Like x 1
  12. Franchise New Player

when you think about it, its not really 15 a month since the game give you back $10 each month in replay badges and loyalty points.
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The game wouldn't collapse if you unsubscribed. That's what I'm saying.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black House New Player

...and the game wont collapse if you don't get a cash cap increase that you don't NEED
    • Like x 4
  15. Black House New Player

premium players who spend more than the minimum "buy-in"are are subject to the law of diminishing returns, but that would be obvious to anyone who has read the discriptions of the various membership levels, of course if you have not read them, then why did you buy them?
  16. Darksilver320 New Player

That is a false statement, if this is your only argument then premium or f2p can farm for items to exchange for what they need. Done. If the response is I don't have time to farm, or I don't like farming, then they don't really need those expensive items. Last time I looked things like the cc hood and auras aren't associated with feats, so the only purpose for wanting them is personal reasons.. then earn it.
    • Like x 1
  17. SKAVANGER408 New Player

AHHHH I dun goofed up.

But by having a billion dom:p
    • Like x 1
  18. Mr Rocky New Player

i personally agreed with you it's not completely need ATM, but i belive with the next Pvp gear set, it will go over our cap, now i know the devs said it's not their intention to do that, but they meant PvE gear
    and there is repairing, i shouldn't have to carry sell able items to become more effective
  19. Black House New Player

about what?
  20. Bokugo New Player

I really doubt many Legendary players would drop their sub for a premium cash cap increase.

Auction Hustle 2014 is just too addicting ;)
    • Like x 2