Congratulations But Not Finished Yet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Notangie New Player

Why stop there, it's not f2p if you have to buy dlc...or a computer, for that matter. This game will not truly be f2p until SOE buys me a computer, pays for my internet, and goes out of business...wait, l took the logical progression too far.:oops::rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  2. Notangie New Player

You know you've read too many QQ threads when you're lint rolling the couch and think to yourself, 'cat fur is op and needs to be nerfed.'
    • Like x 7
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's 5.16am here and I was going to go to bed but then I came across this gem of a thread and I keep waiting for PhoenixTanker's response to me but it seems he/she has stopped for the moment or is researching something to try to best me with. I'm 99.9% sure I have a rebuttal for any kind of cash cap related query he/she throws at me but I really must away at this time.

Goodnight all, I look forward to returning in the morrow.
    • Like x 2
  4. RogerBlack Committed Player

Utterly ridiculous.
    (The fact that someone made this thread in the first place)
    • Like x 1
  5. Designated Well-Known Player

Exactly. All of the OP's threads the last two days have been annoying and pointless. They are dripping with a bit too much self-righteousness. The gear price problem was an obvious bug, not an evil plot (hint: next time give it 24 hours). I would have hoped that the OP would have recognized that, but here he is claiming victory lol..... Now he's accusing the devs of and illegal "bait and switch". And the worst part is he's "not finished yet".

Any doctor's around to prescribe some chill pills?
    • Like x 5
  6. Dazz-252 Committed Player

The devs said that the pricing was a mistake, so it was going to be fixed regardless.
    • Like x 2
  7. winter13 New Player

You already have full access to the product. Buying interfaces, soda cola enhancers, and other r&d items are intended to be over the cash cap as an inconvenience....and you know this. If the cash cap were raised to cover the most expensive r&d item, then there would be no incentive to sub.

Stop creating threads for the sole purpose of getting people to argue. Close thread.
    • Like x 1
  8. PhoenixTanker New Player

First and foremost my apology for rattling everyone with the last part of this thread.
    What got me is if the core game is free-to-play then why are we paying for things that should be free ( Not including marketplace items).
    I totally understand that DCUO / SOE have to make money to operate and those things are "incentives" for going Legendary. But to me, it just is not right. Again this may be from me either playing mmos like Runes of Magic (pure a-la-cart) and WoW (pure sub). It just rings like a conflict of interest idk...
  9. RogerBlack Committed Player

Yeah, but as far as DCUO goes, 'Free-2-Play' means...
    1 - You can download the core game.
    2 - And start playing RIGHT AWAY.
    3 - Without spending ONE nickel, upfront.

That's it.
    Nothing more. Nothing less.

Anything else you deem 'unfair' is your PERSONAL 'interpretation' of what Free-2-Play means......... TO YOU.
    But that's not what the Game Developers intended.

You are not being cheated out of anything. Or misled.
    The developers of all those OTHER games you mentioned have their OWN business agenda.
    So, 'Free-2-Play' might mean something very DIFFERENT in their business model.

But there is no rule that says 'DCUO MUST FOLLOW' a competitor's business model.
    They are not obligated to do anything of the sort.

It's their product.

"Free-2-Play" is exactly what they SAY it is.
    Not what you 'want it to be'.... or what 'seems fair' to you.... or 'what I think it should be'... or what [insert game title] does in their game.

Just saying.
    • Like x 3
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Without F2P this game would be dead.
  11. RogerBlack Committed Player

Maybe so. And maybe not.

(Someone could argue that without F2P... this might just be a PC ONLY game. But i won't go there.)

Anyways, its really a 'moot point' unless you actually work for DCUO (i.e. in their Accounting Dept)...
    or have access to all their (Subscription & Marketplace) Financial info, somehow.

Just saying.
  12. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Since the PS4 DCUO has seen 50% increase in revenue
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lo...ree-to-play-business-is-booming/1100-6418437/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/21/playstation-free-to-play-revenue-up-50

PC is a different monster since we have a lot of options.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drakonicus New Player

Explain to me again what you have achieved, would you kindly ?
  14. RogerBlack Committed Player

• Like x 1
  15. PhoenixTanker New Player

That is 100% pure public relations talk right there. These are the same public relations professionals who can take someone with broken english and make them sound well educated and charismatic. You have to understand, DCUO / SOE have lawyers, psychologist, public relations, quality control all aimed at selling you there product. Who is to say that was the correct gear pricing but there was so much outcry that it was reversed. What just happened is the reason there are watchdog group to keep people honest and call things out when they see them.

All we know is simple the price of gear was above 2k now it is at 2k thanks to enough public support on the issue.
  16. PhoenixTanker New Player

Okay make Sense.. I will give them the Free Pass.... Which is 100% Free.... No Pun Intended