My Official Apology To Premium DLC Owners / Our Next Move

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

And Jens has already posted that they're discussing it internally... They know about it. Making duplicate posts is unnecessary and against forum rules....
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

When you start losing subs to ESO and FFXIV and you know that their are 2 more MMOs that can hurt your # of subs in 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we can all see that they are VERY desperate and at this time will take no quarter from the community and their pleas.
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Links not conjecture please. you're throwing numbers and "many" around like you work for SoE....smh
    • Like x 1
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

Looking at it from a business perspective, Its actually still quite stupid. Even in the most optimistic light, I can shine on it. The potential rewards(profit) to doing this, doesn't outweighs the risks involved
  5. DaLucky7 New Player

You are squeezing your consumer to tight. If anything they are not going to sub...they are going to go play final fantasy or eso because that is a new product that will not try manipulating them to sub or buy anything.

I say, release the new DLC without this prem money problem. Go analyze the game, figure out whats wrong, fix it and give us all a game we would gladly pay for.
  6. Darksilver320 New Player

Wrong.. They gave the PLAYERS a choice.. and a large amount of players CHOSE that route. SO whose fault is it again?
    • Like x 2
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Funny thing is you dont have to work for SOE to figure it out. Just log in on peak hours and look at the que if you are on USPS and compare the legendary and premium que from now compared to it last august. You can ignore the F2P because that will continue to be high due to new players being introduced to the game all the time.

Look at LFG chat on thursday, friday, saturday night and see the chat go by slow. Where did everyone go? Did they join leagues and running things privately. I think not. The hints and clues are all around you. The game is not dead, its just losing veterans interest with recent content.
    • Like x 1
  8. yagamison New Player

That is because you choose to! Premiums are getting access to the same content at less than half off of what a legendary pays and then have the nerve to think that this is wrong or unethical on SOE's behalf. I've spent also on replays and legend toons but that has nothing to do with this issue. We chose to buy marketplace items. So you feel its right that legendary gets charged an additional $80 just for unlimited cash and the loyalty points and replays we get monthly? That doesn't seem right to me either.
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Exactly. Squeezing everyone too tight. You raise premium cap, you piss off legendary and possibly lose subs. You put gear cost right under 2k and everyones happy but you are still at a potential of losing subs due to lack of content.

I dont see why devs are doing this to premiums. They already made it where WM is vital and necessary to keep up in the game so premiums are going to buy. My guess is necessary greed.
  10. winter13 New Player

There is little risk. It is a business decision with little to no downside. Do you seriously think a large portion of the premium playerbase is going to leave because they would be given the option to spend a couple bucks (if they choose to) on 3 pieces of gear?? When all is said and done, even if these prices carry through to live, and fraction of the premium players would actually leave because of it.

When cooler heads prevail - and they sit down and think about this, they will realize:

1) the vendor gear is optional

2) the vendor gear is not needed for progression (its only 1 item level higher than the alert drops)

3) it's only a couple dollars if you want the gear

4) an escrow token to purchase the gear still costs you far less than subbing
    • Like x 3
  11. jr1nc Dedicated Player

the funny part about this is! that these players who complain about these kind of issues will be on dcuo tomorrow or the next day! or on the thread spending more time on the topic! IMO if i had enough of something i would not spend another sec and just leave! people want answers and the truth is they are not going anywhere!
    • Like x 2
  12. DaLucky7 New Player

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this game. This is my first and probably only MMO I will play because it has such a different approach. But we are not getting the content we were promised and they are continuing to shaft us for money every chance they get. This hail marry attempt to save the game could be done better and could actually save them game. But either out of laziness or someone higher up telling them this game is already dead...they are not fixing important issues, and this is upsetting to me for a game I love to play.

No one is making any of us play, we want to play, we want more and better content and we get upset when we don't get it. Especially if we are paying for it. Remember you are paying the devs, you do not have to support them, but they should be supporting you.
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

DCUO is known for crazy high risk and low reward. Just hope it wont be the death of the game when the risk backfires.
    • Like x 3
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I hope people take your 'data' at face value:rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Exactly, I wasn't aware that DCUO had opened their subscription data to selected individuals. Strange of them to open it up only to people who have an axe to grind though. >shrug<
    • Like x 3
  16. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I'm legendary, been legendary...I think that if you want all the benefits from the game than you should support it w/ a legendary sub. However, I also sympathize w/ the premium struggle...I'd have no problem with players having their cash cap raised with DLC purchases. Even if they were given an extra $1000 per DLC purchase, thats only like a possible $12k max if you include DLC1-10. There isn't really much you can do with that little of funds other than small purchases & repairs. If anything an increase to the cash cap could keep other legendary players from having to keep buying crap for these players &/or giving them sodas to sell for repairs. It really does make sense to up the cash cap as we progress further & further w/ new content...really this has no bearing or affect on us Legandary subscribers.

I have always thought the cash system makes no sense for how it gets stuck in escrow. Having a cash cap of 1500-2000 is fine & limits free & premium players from purchasing anything over that value. With that limitation in place, after spending that usable cash...instead of being dead broke, escrow should then replenish your cash back to the 1500-2000 fixed cap. This gives premiums the ability to use their money but still constrains them from really doing much with it beyond repairs & small purchases. Legendary is still the way to go if you want full functionality of your in game money.
    • Like x 2
  17. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Bad line of thinking...me for example, people swore I would never leave that I was a lifer to this game. My sub expires in just over a month (I paid 3 months at a time) and I'm not re-subbing. I have 2 Station Cash cards that I was holding onto for a rainy day and now I'm just putting them to the side for if PVP gets a revival of sorts and I'll use them to pay for 30 days Game Time. Outside of that I don't ever see me giving SOE anymore $$ for this game unless DLC 11 is beyond amazing. I mean DLC 11 will have to be mind boggling, jaw dropping, make Origin Crisis look like a pansy difficulty wise type amazing.
  18. Darksilver320 New Player

19. DaLucky7 New Player

I think we're close to being on the same page. At this point, F2P is killing them. To get premium benefits you could possibly only spend 5 bucks...and the devs are only giving them 5 bucks worth of benefits. If there was an original payment, and then a subscription they would have no money excuse and be able to put all players on a more level playing field that this game desperately needs. But if they continue to be F2P they are potentially working for free and are going to continue to spread F2P, Premiums, to far away from subs.

It sucks to watch something you love die so slowly.
  20. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Agreed. I guess they are trying to lure some of us into turning Legendary, but they will lose a lot of Premium players this way. Not exactly beneficial to a game with a decreasing population...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.