current matchmaking system ruins gameplay..

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Minrath, May 25, 2013.

1. Minrath Well-Known Player

ending up with 4 controllers, 4 healers, 4 tanks or 4 dps in a 4 man or 8 dps in a 8 man isnt fun.What kind of monty python matchmaking system is this?
  2. Statman New Player

It's fair, as in it puts the first people that queued up into a group. If you wish to have a perfect set up, create your own groups to ensure that.

Matchmaking used to wait for the perfect group before queuing people in, but it would take anywhere from 20+ minutes (probably even longer on the villain side) just to get that perfect group. It's a broken system when role populations are so uneven.
  3. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

you know u can switch to dps?
  4. Minrath Well-Known Player

you know if i wanted to be a dps i would have rolled dps instead of a troller healer or tank.Fair? no its nowhere near fair to waste 4 hours trying to run a instance with 3 other trollers or dps troller or whatever else wasting my time.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob DeVeraux New Player

Matchmaking used to wait for the perfect group before queuing people in, but it would take anywhere from 20+ minutes (probably even longer on the villain side) just to get that perfect group. It's a broken system when role populations are so uneven.[/quote]

Well if the game needed more DPS and I switched then I would but as a Controller I find that the population has less and less support roles every day and I'm getting stuck in 4 man operations with three dps and one troll maybe even on my healer still three dps. The problem IS there is too much of one role because people solve their problems by simply playing DPS and nothing else thus creating a bigger problem. Yes Support Roles tend to be treated like crap but I shouldn't have to go on LFG just to form a party of even proportions for a matchmaking system thats supposed to MATCH players for a fair chance at winning. I have left instances 6 times in one day due to this "fair" yet seemingly impossible combination the matchmaking system gives me and then I take a deserter penalty for a team I know would not have gotten pass the first mob. Fair right? Yes I know I can be excused however with the rise in noobs and less good players and by noob I do not mean new I do not see it as fair that I should struggle to find someone just to appease the Devs laziness and willingness to make the content rather than fix a crucial system. New content is nothing if it is unplayable. At this point I may not be a paying customer much longer. Perhaps taking the role optional ability off would be a better move. However I am sick and tired myself of the matchmaking system and the deserter penalty. I pay why should I have to wait 10 minutes to que up for content because your system that failed paired me with a bunch of dps or noobs? But of course every thread on the matchmaking system will be and has been ignored
  6. Minrath Well-Known Player

Well if the game needed more DPS and I switched then I would but as a Controller I find that the population has less and less support roles every day and I'm getting stuck in 4 man operations with three dps and one troll maybe even on my healer still three dps. The problem IS there is too much of one role because people solve their problems by simply playing DPS and nothing else thus creating a bigger problem. Yes Support Roles tend to be treated like crap but I shouldn't have to go on LFG just to form a party of even proportions for a matchmaking system thats supposed to MATCH players for a fair chance at winning. I have left instances 6 times in one day due to this "fair" yet seemingly impossible combination the matchmaking system gives me and then I take a deserter penalty for a team I know would not have gotten pass the first mob. Fair right? Yes I know I can be excused however with the rise in noobs and less good players and by noob I do not mean new I do not see it as fair that I should struggle to find someone just to appease the Devs laziness and willingness to make the content rather than fix a crucial system. New content is nothing if it is unplayable. At this point I may not be a paying customer much longer. Perhaps taking the role optional ability off would be a better move. However I am sick and tired myself of the matchmaking system and the deserter penalty. I pay why should I have to wait 10 minutes to que up for content because your system that failed paired me with a bunch of dps or noobs? But of course every thread on the matchmaking system will be and has been ignored[/quote]

thats true you shouldnt have to, but due to current matchmaking limitations you do.You are simply expeiriencing things alot of players do not like about the game, until those issues are addressed more and more players will leave this game.Since the start of this game i myself quit for months upon months, in fact one hiatus I took was for 2 years instead enjoying my time in other games where these issues didnt persist and when i returned to dcuo I found the exact same issues still here that caused me to leave the other times.I dont really 'love wow' its a fair game, less bugs the company does what it can to keep it as hassle free as can be expected and thats why they get much more money from than sony does.In fact im on my way out the door again most likely, Im only in dcuo because my main pc is in the shop and the one I am using is a older peice of junk until I get mine back at wich time I will go back to better things with less bugs and headache.

when there are no support roles left, the game will just be more of the same until it either grows more stagnant and declines or much less likely, someone fixes the issues that make ppl tired of paying subscription fees.While I do sympathize with you, every player in dcuo has felt this exact same sting since dcuo started and will until its end.Dcuo wasnt even the start of it, any SOE game is and was the same.If you have something you dislike, its trolling to express it.
  7. Eminence Dedicated Player

Use lfg chat instead of just random queuing, if its that big of a deal to you
  8. J Zmooth New Player

There's actually an option in your settings where you can have it equal for alerts.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

I don´t mind much about roles. The current system is supposed to be matching people with a similar win/loss ratio, OR similar gear.

Still, I find myself teamed up with noobie Robins against a team of SaintWalkers, Catwomans and TwoFaces in Legends, or against full Android users when I´m not even wearing a Vengeance piece.

Yeah, the matchmaking system works, CLEARLY!!!
    • Like x 3
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, the matchmaking system is a massive pain. They really need to get on that. It can't be that hard to fix so it pairs people with similar cr.
    • Like x 1
  11. J Zmooth New Player

The Cr of the character doesn't necessarily matter. In some cases , the player still may not be "good" in pvp.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jacob DeVeraux New Player

thats true you shouldnt have to, but due to current matchmaking limitations you do.You are simply expeiriencing things alot of players do not like about the game, until those issues are addressed more and more players will leave this game.Since the start of this game i myself quit for months upon months, in fact one hiatus I took was for 2 years instead enjoying my time in other games where these issues didnt persist and when i returned to dcuo I found the exact same issues still here that caused me to leave the other times.I dont really 'love wow' its a fair game, less bugs the company does what it can to keep it as hassle free as can be expected and thats why they get much more money from than sony does.In fact im on my way out the door again most likely, Im only in dcuo because my main pc is in the shop and the one I am using is a older peice of junk until I get mine back at wich time I will go back to better things with less bugs and headache.

when there are no support roles left, the game will just be more of the same until it either grows more stagnant and declines or much less likely, someone fixes the issues that make ppl tired of paying subscription fees.While I do sympathize with you, every player in dcuo has felt this exact same sting since dcuo started and will until its end.Dcuo wasnt even the start of it, any SOE game is and was the same.If you have something you dislike, its trolling to express it.[/quote]

Trolling is defined as trying to cause trouble. While I agree with a lot of what you said that just means I will end up canceling my legendary membership and playing for free with the DLC's purchased that I actually enjoy. Screw promethium lockboxes and an endless cap on money. Never needed the 90 percent of junk in those loxboxes and never will and certainly never needed the broker. This was more freedom of expression and bringing up problems with the game. If things aren't talked about there is never incentive for Devs to fix problems.... not that they ever will. That's just common problem solving by expressing your feeling. However people have been conditioned not to complain and do nothing about problems that make them unhappy. Sociology 101.

People tend to lie in LFG.

And you end up waiting sometimes hours for content to que if at all. That's not good pace. Thank you for the constructive advice though.

We've been complaining about it for years and their answer was LFG which can be just as bad.. Do you really expect them to fix it after years of complaints? Hence why I'm starting to think this game is not worth my money.
  13. ToneMD New Player

So, OP, do you actually think the game is TRYING to put you in an unbalanced group?

Or do you think the game is NOT trying to put you in a balanced group?

If the roles are not queued up for whatever instance you want to get into, what exactly do you want the devs to do about that?

You don't want to wait, and you don't want to be in an unbalanced group. I will assume you also don't want to run with your league. You want to be able to PuG everything.

Would you be happy if the devs simply removed the deserter penalty?
  14. DarthDiggler New Player

With the way PVP works in DCUO: Tank -> Troller -> Healer -> Tank (rock paper scissors) the match making is not effective at all. The whole point of a matchmaking system is to generate games that are fair. Having 4x of any role means that your match making system has failed.

I never go it alone when playing Arenas because the matchmaking is so poorly implemented.

It seems the matchmaking system has no regard for your performance in matches either. I can loose 10 matches in a row and the skill level of the players I am against never seems to change.

The matchmaking is better than it used to be (when it was nonexistent), but currently needs much work to make PVP matches at lease seem fair from the onset. THEY HAVE TO CONSIDER ROLES, otherwise they aren't matchmaking they just tossing people into blood baths.
  15. DarthDiggler New Player

I didn't get that impression from his initial post. See my previous reply, this match making system is broken at best. It's a minor improvement from the previous system which was no matchmaking. If you have good matchmaking winning shouldn't be an occurrence that is out of reach.

Also they do not do enough in the matches that reward players for good play. Deathmatches should reward more marks as you get kills. Conquest matches should reward players who get and hold bases with more marks.

Adding more incentives to play properly will help because there would be less incentive just to "sit there" if you loosing because you will win something either way. I am glad we get marks for loosing, but there needs to be more involved with rewards than just showing up.
  16. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

I would say one way to get more support roles into matchmaking instead of the endless seas of dps roles would be for the devs to set the default role to whatever role the power is (fire/ice/earth/rage starts in tank, nat/cel/el/sorc start in healer, light/mental/gadget/quan start in control) and give dps at 10. At least you get some practice for 10 levels to be that role instead of "f*** s*** up" for 10 levels with absolutely no group assistance.