Recycling Low Tier Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lucaefor, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Lucaefor New Player

It's a shame that once people gear up they stop running low tier instances and I feel that it might be nice to have a system where you can run any alert or raid at different challenge levels so as not to throw the content away.

Tier 1 Novice

Tier 2 Normal

Tier 3 Expert

Tier 4 Elite

Every Alert or Raid is listed in every Tier so you could for example run Smallville at T1 or T4 with the challenge/marks/loot scaled appropriately.

Another thing I would like to see included is an element of variance in mission objectives similar to the thinking on PVP map rotation. Not knowing what variation of the alert/raid you will be playing would make it more stimulating and enjoyable to rerun content and inevitably stave off game burn out.
    • Like x 10
  2. OmegaHero New Player

I think this would be good. MAkes all content viable at any tier but they would need to loot lock you out of running it at other tiers is the only thing other wise it wont work.
  3. SuperiorMouse New Player

its a lot of work to create this many extra tiers of difficulty for the same content that very few players will play.

many players simply don't want to run the same old content anymore and offering more styles, marks or gear won't change that.

the only way to keep that lower end content relevant is to keep the people who are supposed to be there in there longer.
    • Like x 2
  4. IIJetfire New Player

Best idea pal, i am supporting with you:),+100
  5. Lucaefor New Player

That's a major worry for me. Unless you like PVP there is a very limited amount of content at end game. I'm thinking of T5 folks who have basically outgrown most of the alerts/raids and have nothing interesting to do but run Trigons or farm Raven all day. So I figured we could revamp the low tier content to try and offset the problem.
    • Like x 3
  6. Owl Devoted Player

I think they should add a Monthly Promethium lockbox to all Raids & Alerts.
    Marks in Promethium lockboxes currently scale with your Combat Rating.

That would encourage higher Tier players to run lower Tier content.
    It may also promote subscriptions as boxes require either a subscription or a key to unlock.
    • Like x 5
  7. Lucaefor New Player

Excellent suggestion. I can't comment on the recent update to the lockboxes but it's been my feeling for a while that they have been overlooked as a valuable tool for gaining new subscribers.
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I like all of these ideas!
    • Like x 2
  9. Lucaefor New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I missed it when you originally posted it, I think...
    Still, very good ideas!
    It would definately help with all the "I'm bored! There's no challenging content!" complaints.
  11. Lucaefor New Player

It doesn't really matter, all that's important is that the message gets through.

I can always go play another game if I get too bored it's not like I'm stuck here either.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Interesting suggestion in theory but…
    1. It’ll kill the Replay Badges market as people wouldn’t need to reset raids since they’ll have access to all of them at a high level.
    2. It’ll kill the progression mechanics as people would have to receive equivalent loot and marks from all the new upscaled content.
    In the end, I think there’s chance we’ll see upscaled version of old content but it’ll be as either…
    1. Content repurposed as other content. (raids to alerts, leveling to solo, solo to duo, etc.)
    2. Challenge instances that’re akin to PVP Scrimmages. (no marks, pure challenge)
    That said, my hope is that the Events tab is used to offer upscaled “Expert” instances that offer unique loot and different mechanics whenever we’re not having a Seasonal.
  13. MrKappaKappaPsi New Player

I always thought a simple way to achieve this would be to have like you said and Elite or Legendary mode for each raid and alert and the game would adjust the difficulty to the average cr of the group.

Example: 100 cr Healer, 99 cr Controller, 100 cr Dps, and 101 cr Tank. The instance would be set to 100 cr and the ads and bosses atk, def, health, and number would be increased to fit that. The rewards for these would be tools needed for the games progress like:

Exceptional recover kits, Bundles of 5 to 8 exobits, Packs of Money 50k-100k, packs of Mot 500 to 1000. This would be per boss

I agree the older content is still very fun and its sad that it gets over looked. That's why a Group finder where you could set the roles your looking for would be excellent in making lower characters not want to skip content. This would help raise the skill level of the game as well. You wouldn't run into cr 500 people who have no idea what to do.
  14. KidMidnight Loyal Player

thats a great idea.

i want the hard versions of nexus and paradox wave back.