Quality of Auras

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Mar 20, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

How bad do the old/standard Auras look now that we have a variety of new ones.

They looked bad when they went fat again, but now that we have detailed ones, the standard look shocking.

Which is a shame, because the amount of a struggle they went through to get a standard green, I can only imagine we will get every colour OTHER THAN green in the new styles.

Just please Dev's. Promise me that there will be every colour in the mist auras, including green.
    And that they are readily available free of a gamble for all players willing to pay!!!
  2. Onicks New Player

i am less concerned about the quality and more concerned about the method of receiving one of the new ones. These booster bundles are a joke. The original auras SHOULD NOT be included in these $20 bundles. The bundle should only include one of the news ones. Maybe you will get the same plasma over and over or NEVER get a nimbus but at least your not getting an aura that you can get from a prom box in game for free. The bundles are a ripoff to that regard.
    • Like x 4
  3. Abstrakt Loyal Player

I dunno i look at the auras iin the bundle as just a benefit of getting one I would rather use the other stuff in the bundle and sell the aura what ever color it is
    • Like x 1
  4. GregDawe New Player

Yeah that's fair.

But we have been asking for a variety of auras for a long time now.
    And I am more keen for new ones seeing as how outdated the old ones look.

We can't keep just getting red and blue versions of everything, DC needs to let up and lets us have more green, yellow and other colours in the more detailed auras.

And the detailed auras HAVE to be accessible to all. 100% accessible, not 3/10 chance accessible.
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Jonni New Player

I agree. And i do realize there's the whole issue of copyright and stuff but come on,You cant copyright a color can you? That even sounds ridiculous.
    Imagine getting imprisoned/ paying a fine and when its taken to court, the judge reads the reasoning. I wouldnt be surprised if he/she bursts out laughing in the middle of the session.
  6. GregDawe New Player

That's true, it's a long stretch, however I think DC put it down to you wanting to be a mirror of a current character they own.

My argument is, how do they have a problem with that, and not all the Marvel copycats and other competitor characters?
    Double standards.
    I am not saying get rid of old mates toon who looks like Iron Man, I think it looks awesome.
    I thought that is what this game was about?
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

Ive seen alot of Marvel characters Lol. One thing i never understood before now is why it took so long to get green auras. I know that that was a copyright issue, but why would someone want to rip off hal jordan when you could make your very own GL? and if im not mistaken, there are millions of lanterns right? So i dont see why it was really an issue in the first place. Im startin to get off topic, better tone it down before mods intervene
  8. Masta New Player

It's simple really. For DC Universe Online to be allowed to use all the DC copyrighted material, have to abide to all the rules that DC sets for them, including aura colors
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

The original plasmic aura is a better green than the green aura. The EXCLUSIVE auras are free advertisment. You go in a raid and everyone is like oh wow cool thats a new aura? And you are like yep. They ask where did you get it? After the raid is over they buy booster gold bundle and get halfway ripped off. Come back to forums and QQ their heart out.
  10. Crimson Jonni New Player

What does QQ mean? Im not quite familiar with all the dc terminology haha
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

It means they would come back to the forums and cry about it.
  12. GregDawe New Player

That's the thing though, can DC comics really have Copyright over a 'shade' of green?
    Also to the point, they must be making the assumption that everyone sporting a green aura is using the Light powerset?

What as Nature got to use?

They are being far too protective of characters and things within their comic universe that is already being exploited by players in game for years.

The mist auras (as far as I know) are nowhere in the comics yo be seen.
    There should be no problem whatsoever bringing in every colour (including indigo and orange, the mists are there in metro) into the game for us to don.

I need the green and blue at least, they go hand in hand with my characrter's back story :p.
  13. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Guys you can qq all you want about the Booster Bundle but they would not have brought them back if they did not make an absolute killing with the first incarnation of the Booster Bundle. The only way they are going to stop putting these limited edition Auras in Booster Bundles is if people stop buying them which I don't see happening.

While I sympathize with those that aren't a fan of gambling I will buy at least 2 if not 3 every time the Booster Bundles are released as long as I am actively playing the game. Of course I actually use the Replay Badges, the Vault Tickets (I want the Acro gloves for the style on my main :p), and I use R&D Scanners when bored (I currently have around 40 as I never farm without them). The Repair Bots and Map Enhancers for Collections and what not are of no use to me sadly.
    • Like x 1
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

That's not how it works. DC Comics owns the licence for the intellectual property, they say what can and can't be done. It's has nothing to do with courts. SoE needs permission and approval from DC, before adding certain element into the game. Without the DC Comics green light there is no DC Universe online.
    • Like x 2
  15. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

At least they increased the odds of getting something rare this time with 3 unique auras... I'll give them points for that. Though, I'm still not a fan of the concept overall.
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

I see. Makes since now. And I was using court as an example, wasnt sure how to express it clearly
  17. GregDawe New Player

Ok. Fair enough.

My point is that DC need to be a little more lenient with what they approve for us to have in game is all.

If they wish to deny us, I would like a solid justification as to why not, issued by them.
    Not simply, "Nope, not happening."
  18. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Send DC an email.
  19. GregDawe New Player

I shall. If we don't get all colours in the mist auras.

I know they can do what they want with their stuff, it is theirs after all.
    But it seems silly to green light a DC Universe game, and not allow the players to expand that universe to their desires.
    No one loses by them denying us stuff like this.
  20. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Ehhhh DC is slow with a lot of things so I'm not surprised with this game and it's approval rate.
    • Like x 1