Devs - GU35: Can no longer jump-cancel into a range hold

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Hornet, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Vinny Tireshine New Player

It really seems like there is nothing we can do to stop these nerfs to HL as it seems like the devs will not cave in to our demands...

The only thing we can do is go to the W.I.P hard light section and give constructive balance suggestions to make HL more viable without jump cancels and being so damn power hungry. There may be a 1% chance that they listen to us, but it's better than nothing.
    • Like x 7
  2. Udon New Player

Nerfing or Balancing is one thing that doesn't bother me much. I am actually in favor of altering the score card to better represent DPS (power to dmg ratios) or even removing it in pve.

I enjoy hl/gadgets and most powers for there potential speed of execution. It feels unique when compared to other mmo's. And the current way it is, they require at least some level of speed and precision. Slowing the game mechanics down too much is what will make me leave. Closing the gap for people that can't clip as fast is fine. But, make alternatives to current mechanics...not everyone wants the game slower.
    • Like x 2
  3. Agnetta Dedicated Player

jump cancelling into solar flame still works some of the time. some of the time it doesnt though. its weird, when it doesnt work, your hands start the first HB charge (hands go behind you), but then they never go forward to shoot it. the first charge just fails, seems like a bug. id say it happens about half the time, which really hurts HL.
    • Like x 2
  4. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Rage will also feel this. Plasma Retch into hold range was pretty good and very power conservative. I pity my trollers now :)
  5. NoWorries121 Well-Known Player

bare with me because im not entrely sure about how bad jump cancel was affected, and havent had a chance to play yet today, but when using rage the plasma wretch jump cancel into dreadful blast, is it still possible?
  6. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

It is, what is not possible is to clip plasma retch into a hold range attack.
  7. NoWorries121 Well-Known Player

ahhh ok. thanks.
  8. Magical Reset Committed Player

I feel sorry for trollers. So many will be kicked and rejected for being too weak now.
    • Like x 1
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This will make a lot of trollers upset, but the dps will get the blame instead of the soe team. Controllers gonna feel the faster charge attacks with power clips, and they will let the devs off the hook again
  10. Deepeess New Player

Its pretty clear now that even tho they have a W.i.P section,they don't want feedback,
    the feedback they are looking for is:
    How many people this will piss of?
    if there is enough people pissed like with the armories prices they will hear it,
    if not then they will carry on with it.

+100000 for you tho, Kaiser, you tried your best providing numbers to support your feedback,
    its a shame all that is being ignored.
    • Like x 8
  11. The Hornet New Player

This assumes that they're actually listening to our feedback. Based on the original JC conversation and proposed change, it's clear that they're not. Or, they are, and they don't care.
    • Like x 3
  12. The Hornet New Player

Funny thing is, martial arts? Not affected. Go nuts.
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I do think they are listening, however there are some changes that they will not listen to the community for. You can definately notice the delay. I can only hope HL gets a speedy recovery, you can all go back to getting screwed over by booster bundle.
    • Like x 3
  14. Errorcode1058 New Player

With each nerf to the power sets people actually use, my Earth DPS grows stronger!!!

Ha!
    • Like x 2
  15. SuperBell Loyal Player

If an animation doesn't complete, it shouldn't do damage. That's pretty common sense. I don't see the problem.

Respec tokens are only $10. If being top DPS is really that important to you, just respec into the next OP power.
    • Like x 1
  16. details26 Committed Player

Yes you are entirely right, you don't see the problem
    • Like x 3
  17. MentosTroll Loyal Player

The problem is people like you who clearly hasn't DPSed a day in his life, giving your input about DPSing. There's literally hundreds of people like you on these forums and you are who the DEVS are clearly catering to.
    • Like x 4
  18. SuperBell Loyal Player

Lol, all I do is DPS.
    • Like x 1
  19. MentosTroll Loyal Player

whatever you say bro
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

^^^Says he doesn't see the problem^^^

Describes the problem in the very next sentence
    • Like x 6