What is the biggest cause of wipes that you have noticed??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SpicyMoonlight, Feb 21, 2014.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

To be fair: HHAAZZEE did go on later to say he has no problem teaching those who are willing to learn. Initially, I thought he was one of those players who kicked first and was never willing to teach, but he corrected me.

The players who would rather kick than teach do lead to wipes, and the wipes do not occur just in their groups but in future groups that the untaught run with.

• Like x 1
  2. shadwfyre New Player

You know, I think I may have missed the most obvious answer.
    Did 3 raids, 3 or 4 alerts, a couple Ops and some duos today & I only saw 2 other person(besides me) using soders!
    WTH people, its instant power & "oh ****! im out of sight of the healer!" health. What is so hard about "push 7"?
  3. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Biggest cause of wipes for me is some of the advice given in this forum. I'll be drinking something while I'm reading through a thread, and suddenly I have tea/soda/coffee spraying out of my nose, and need to clean it off my monitor and keyboard... ;)

In game, biggest cause of wipes is... failure to communicate. :(
    • Like x 1
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Broken content. Burning bosses to fast such as in FOS1 the boss will break if u beat him to quickly. Same with Circe in trigon. 2nd Boss in gates. It forces u to wipe. Happens in other instances as well.

The maze in A&B as people can't figure how to operate it.

Rage quits by players without the rage power from solo healers & tanks that can't find compent groups.

Not able to see NPC in mist/strike. Lagging graphics. etc.
  5. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yup people coming in raids with no money to repair, no soders...Get in a raid & first thing I hear hey can some1 give me soders?! I say, Get out!... vote to kick. If not kicked I leave. I won't play with unmodded players either. U better have at least an alpha or beta or u get the boot or I leave. Don't come in unprepared.

It's like some1 showing up for work without wearing pants. Yeah u can go to work like that and u can say they r not needed but most likely they r going to inspect u and kick u out.
  6. Bysill New Player

Going to revive a teammate in mass, while there are still adds all around. 1 guy turns the cog, he dies, 2 other guys start turning those cogs and they die. That is just one example of watching your surroundings. Watch the healthbars of teammates, when someone goes down, check where he is at. If he/she is on the other side of the room, leave it to someone else and call it out. When you see he/she is surrounded by adds, leave it untill the tank pulls the adds or to someone who can pop a shield. Same goes for practically every wipe. Take Assbat. Atro has very clear tells when he charges. If you see them, and Atro is pointing in your direction, call it out and just block and roll. It's not that hard. And if you are caught, you still need to watch out. Don't just get up immediately, you may be oneshotted. And if noone was available to pick you up, don't complain. If you're in a good group, they probably had a good reason for letting you time out. Mind your surroundings and communicate.
    • Like x 1
  7. Harly Davidson Well-Known Player

Poopy diapers.
    • Like x 1
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Hate to say I told ya so, but...... :p
  9. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I notice that the groups trying to get through stuff too fast end up having the most wipes.
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Well this weekend I went into Bludhaven twice (queue). I DPS'd in the hopes that I could stand back while the <30's leveled. Maybe even offer a tip or two. This way they aren't being carried and not learning a thing at the same time.

1st run consisted of 3 DPS and 1 20ish healer.
    Starts off great. Get to the transport box part and the dps thought that every chemoid needed to die. needless to say this ensued for about 10 mins before I directed them to the objective in the corner of the screen.
    (Makes me wonder if some people ever pay attention to that)

We FINALLY get to the part where u destroy those reactors and of course those baby dps thought they could solo reactor and the 30,000 adds that come with them. Man I felt bad for that healer. They probably hate themselves for not being able to rescue the Savage Dps :(

Next part::::: Major Force... I'll spare u all the details.

Skipping ahead to Chemo:
    The big prompt of go to the guys and get cleansed pops up. Do you think any of the baby DPS read the instructions???
    The healer was spot on. Those other 2, not so much. I mean come on... huge letters on the middle of the screen must mean something right? Lol

After we finished I /bow then left. (For experimental purposes, I did not have any weapon equipped, so they probably thought I was a noob punching everything :p

The second Bludhaven never happened because every time someone new would come in, 2 would leave. So I got all super mode and solo'd it /endbrag
  11. Lucaefor New Player

This week ran pug AB and two wipes on Hal Jordan. Of course everyone blames me "tank too low" comments and I explain it's the newbie trollers fault for using CC on Hal and making it impossible for me to hold aggro. Main group troller who is experienced understands and reorganises his duties. We try a 3rd time and it's a doozy with me never getting anywhere near half health.

Credit to the devs for making a raid that relies on controller skill for a change.
  12. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

lack of communication
    idiots not listening
    idiots thinking they can do it all
    idiots
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

[IMG]
    LOL
    • Like x 1
  14. Fruity Reaper New Player

Wow this again, well the current reason appears to be hero alts ;)
  15. RudeKitty New Player

I agree, Lack of communication. Another problem are the people who stop to type to everyone that sends them tells. My pals all know that if I don't respond to your tell, I am busy in an instance.
    One of the biggies I'm seeing if I randomly pug into something lately is the 103 cr with 50 sp groups. Those poor healers can only carry y'all so far.
  16. kajutsu New Player

Don't know about the bigges, more common cause of wipes but...
    When i'm in healer role and when i try to have a fast sip of the coffee that my wife prepared, the big 1shot Aoe always happen !

******* coffee ..... At least then i've time to drink it.
    • Like x 1