Why Are Best Drops Always Rare Drops?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ekaterina, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes but the ring creates an unbalance, especially in pvp, look at the toughness. Whenever people have 2 rings and you go against them in pvp it puts you at a high disadvantage, and they call this "balance"?
    Whenever I see someone with 2 rings I am just like
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. QiLong New Player

I thought this concept was a common trait among MMOs...... From what I hear, from other players of other MMOs, DCUO already babies the community when it comes to gear.
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

In my opinion, your % chance of getting it should increase with every run you do. For example: for every completed run, your chances of the ring dropping would increase by .5%, so essentially you are guaranteed one after 200 runs (assuming it doesn't drop before then).
    • Like x 1
  4. LIVETASER New Player

This is the dumbest response I have read today. I logged in just to respond to this crap. So in your twisted little brain, you figure that it makes sense for DC to put a game ring for sale for $75.00 a piece and $50.00 on sale. SMH, If I was your parents, I would slap you for thinking that money grows on a tree. Embarrassing to see how far and lame people have went in this generation.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

actually paper money does grow on trees...just saying. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. LIVETASER New Player

Every rare item deserves to be bought with marks of reality so that you can either grind for them or wait and hope that the tooth fairy drops one in your lap.
  7. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Lol another "I want the ring" thread.
    Please leave rare items as they are.
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

well I guess wee bit of sarcasm went over your head fella.

The tone of my post was directed to those who want everything now now now now. And if they want "x" whatever item/gear make them pay for it. If they have a problem with paying that much, or whatever price would be... then they can go that novel route of todays qqentitledgamer of actually playing the content and something called luck? Because last I checked having one or two rings isnt needed to beat anything in this content. Besides, if I, or anyone doesnt get one.. no sweat. There will probably be vendor rings this coming dlc, or the one after that will better and bought with whatever assigned marks to be earned.

And thanks for logging in to respond to my post. I feel euphoric. Its like the joy and excitement of those that win the lottery. I now feel the same way. Excuse me for now. Im just to overjoyed to read the rest of the forums. oooh, and as someone pointed out paper money does grow on trees. Trees, paper, process, paper money. If I was your parents, I'd slap ya for being ignorant about paper money. SMH, Embarassing to see how far and lame people have went this generation. ... eh? Is it ok If I go mining for metals like nickel, copper, gold, silver, or am I completely ignorant in think that money comes from the ground.
    • Like x 1
  9. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Someone needs a hug....
  10. Bast10n Committed Player

You are mistaken to believe paper money is made out of "paper". It is actually made from 75% cotton and 25% linen fibers.
  11. Rasta Committed Player

Simple.

They want some stuff in this game to be special. Also, putting it in A&B is great if you're looking at it from a business standpoint. They know people like you are willing to spend X amounts of money for a few drops that aren't that important if you're looking at the bigger picture.
  12. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Don't linen fibers come from flax, which could be classified as a tree by the definition 2. of a tree on dictionary.com? Also, the cotton plant (Gossypium) can also be grown on trees. lol. way to much effort into that haha.
    • Like x 1
  13. Bast10n Committed Player

Yes, linen fibers come from the flax plant. Which is not a tree.
    Yes, there are trees that produce cotton. However, the type of cotton used to produce Rag Paper on which paper currency is printed coms from the Egyption Cotton plant. Which is not a tree.
  14. jessiejames4211 New Player

league dox runs with the ability to need and greed where the best when pugging not so much we should have the option for need/greed
  15. Jake IX New Player

That's like asking, why are valuable items always the ones that cost more money.
    • Like x 1
  16. Archsprite Well-Known Player

They should put the Ring of OP in the vendor with a price of MoR cap +1 :eek:
  17. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Will that make it a rare drop? That simply discard the phrase of a rare drop if it is grindable in a vendor.
  18. Covalence New Player

Is it really so hard to understand that they need to make money somehow? They will probably always have a rare item or have better gear in the raids so they can sell more replay badges. Also, do you really need rings of op THAT bad?
  19. Ekaterina Committed Player

The thing is yes this ring is Super rare for most but they also give the BEST stats over all its not like a rare style only some people have. I like most people on this game want the BEST gear. Extra health,toughness,resto,vit,prec,might ALL in one? If something is going to be rare it should not be things that increase stats because you can run the content x amount of times and still not receive it therefore puting you at a disadvantage against people who have received it.

The people who are saying "Its suppose to be rare" yadda yadda yadda thats bull you must already have it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ekaterina Committed Player

the stats on that ring is OP, im a pvper so that toughness is mind blowing and yes i need the ring lol
    • Like x 1