DLC Pack Structure

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Sorbet New Player

Whoa, relax. Breathe.
    • Like x 2
  2. FeralRemedy New Player

A streamlined DLC production process maybe one or two additions to the dev pool and wham bam in another 12-18 months who knows we could have an expansion at least on the horizon. The important thing is to continue to provide constructive feedback and ideas for said expansion. And as a player why would you ever rally against extra content. If you're low level casual player is doesn't affect you. If you're a veteran you should be chomping at the bit to finally get a meal instead of constant appetizers. SO let's continue to ask for more. The Devs saying no doesn't mean our voices aren't heard. And don't down vote or say not gonna happen. If enough people ask for something often and sometimes loud enough then change happens. I'm all for a full blown expansion and as a player at any level you should be too!
    • Like x 2
  3. GodNema Well-Known Player

Harder raids sound nice, but considering they keep nerfing stuff, how will they get done?
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Perhaps you see more dps looking for groups because most healers/trolls/tanks keep to league runs because most pugs abuse them and blame them for EVERYTHING?
    • Like x 5
  5. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I have always wondered why there is only 1 speed feat for content in DCUO. Many other games have tiered speed feats so players will continue to come back to old content as they continue to get better gear which in turn allowed them to achieve the faster Tier times. So it is kinda shocking to see that they are thought of as a possible problem for the game & player base, when it adds relevance to the older content in other games.
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

My suggestions for future content and what I'd like to see more of...

More places to explore, maybe some Indiana Jones style adventure where the challenge comes from the environment... Some ideas for such hazards:
    -Lava/acid/spikes/snake pit/hot tar/electrified floor plates/ect.
    -Pit traps(That can dump us into the above hazard, or perhaps into a secrete tunnel or a pit full of snakes or adds or something.)
    -Falling stuff... (Like rocks or lava or meteors or dripping chemicals or something...)
    -Puffs of hot steam or toxic nastyness.
    -Swinging pendulum traps.
    -Narrow walkways above a known hazard that you can get knocked off of...
    -Narrow walkways that might break.(Like a rusty catwalk in a chemical plant, or a rickety bridge across a tall ravine.)
    -Interactive widgets that either set off a trap, open a hidden path, spawn some loot, or spawn some adds/activate a boss.
    -fabulous piles of treasure in which to hide said interactive widgets...

Feats:
    -Exploration feats.
    -Survival feats.(Basically complete content without anyone in your group getting KOed. These should be as common as the speed feats if not more so.)
    -Hit-list feats(Kill one of each of the bosses/rare spawn from the list.)
    -Challenge feats:
    *Kill boss enemies in a specific order.
    *Kill boss without killing the Adds.
    *Complete the instance without killing anything.(Devs would have to design it so that killing isn't necessary at all.)
    *Let the Enrage timers expire and still win.
    *Generally not using whatever mechanics are designed to make the fight easier.(Like the "Look ma, no hands" feat from when you fight Zantanna along side Eclipso for exsample...)
    • Like x 3
  7. Zim New Player

I would be for having ALL those feats. They would all be welcome to me, including a speed raid feat. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. DC-Doll New Player

Look up the One Piece Epic Odyssey video on youtube. You'll see why movement modes were grounded.
  9. DC-Doll New Player

Mmmm. Bacon (cabin)
    sounds good :)
  10. Green Lantern New Player

I like the direction here. If you want a hard challenge, great, go get it. If you like a more casual run, great, there's that too. And the same loot drops for both. Assuming I read the correctly.

Should make everyone happy. Well done.
    • Like x 1
  11. Impulsively Committed Player

I understand the appeal of raids and the challenges that they pose for a more interesting gaming experience, but to me four-player content like alerts and ops are the most fun part about endgame content. I don't feel like a face in the crowd in alerts - I feel like my contributions to the group's success are more tangible.

In raids as a healer or troll, I usually have to share the glory with the other heal/troll who may or may not have higher stats and will thus handle power-over-time or big group heals leaving me to do chump work like burst heals/power. But in alerts as the only healer or troll for four other people, I feel like a valued member of the team. Basically, I feel more like a real superhero :J (or villain. But even bad guys have people that they look to every once in a while.)

So, all of that said, I'm glad you guys aren't going to phase alerts out or anything. But it does kind of bum me out that raids are going to become like THE thing that everyone is going to focus on. Either way, I'm working hard to push my characters higher and higher to sort of "catch up to date" on content. Still floating around Hand of Fate territory with most of them :/
    • Like x 2
  12. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Well, well, well,.....if it isn't my old friend Superpatriot. Well, obviously, you know that I've been for that for quite sometime. However, I was told by a Dev initially, that SP's was the way of leveling our toons, and no level cap increase would occur. They mentioned that creating more leveling content, along with more mentors, was very time consuming. Thereafter, it appear that gear became the way of leveling our toons, and in many way SP's became unnecessary after about 120. With WM on the horizon, SP's will become more important, nevertheless a massive expansion is in order, and I have much to say on that topic.

Oh and btw, the "IF", is because the content has been so lean the past 2 DLC's that I had to roll other toons. My appetite for content is crazy right now. I need content.
    • Like x 2
  13. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Well, as you said, SPs gauging our toon's level went out the door when CR became the measurement. However, can we really sit here and say that every 103 CR is equal? Especially when one of those two 103s is sitting at 180 skill points and the other is sitting at 70?

I've had some conversations with some devs myself and am well aware of how vast the commitment would be to an expansion, but I'd like to think that they are at least laying the groundwork for one now if not soon. Mentors aren't even really a necessity at this point unless they were only going to introduce one and he'd only be available to speak to for missions when you're wanting to start on your first mission to reach level 31. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Only difference between 103cr 180sp and 103cr 70sp is +100 might/prec, dps anyway. With might hitting close to 4300 and prec almost 2000, 180sp toon and 70sp toon difference is minimal
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Now if they were to add an expansion, and didn't add new mentors, that could be very time effective. It almost appeared from every dialogue that I had with Dev's regarding that, more mentors was a forgone conclusion. However, that could have just been my interpretation. But if they just kept the 6 original mentors, and then added more leveling content, that would be more than adequate. With that being said, we would need at least 2 new cities. IMO, Central City should be expanded, and then you have Coast, Star, or Gateway city as a second. I am also of the mindset that it is time for day and night cycles in this game, although it is not mandatory.
    • Like x 1
  16. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Come see me after Weapon Mastery gets here. :p
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Everyone really think this set-up will satisfy the "hardcore"? Everyone will be fully tiered in a month, and the "hardcore" once they have replayed the content to full tier will come to the forums and complain how the casual have the same gear as them. I'm glad that the SOE team went back to the old way, but it seem that the "hardcore" want the drops to go back to the OC, so the new content stay hard longer, even when it's the old content imo.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

you might have a point, but right now 180sp and 70sp is about even
  19. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Since launch, they've kinda made mentors irrelevant is why I say they don't need to add new ones. As far as how they could use iconics, I liked the idea before about Star City and putting Green Arrow in the Hall of Justice and Merlyn in with the Society members to say "hey, crime is afoot. Get 'em." lol And then we go to Star City and start our leveling process there.

I know this game is different because it's on consoles, but to my knowledge every single MMO out there releases expansions that increase the level cap. I'm not saying "be like them", I'm just saying I want more to do. lol
    • Like x 3
  20. oF1RESTARo New Player

If you want to get back to the 2-2-2-2 there will have to be major changes to the game mechanics. There is no reason to have more than one tank because there is no reason anything cant be tanked by one person. If you for example had it so Boss (A) and Boss (B) had to be separated because they would buff each other and hit for 30-40k on the tank in his shield a second tank would be "required". Of course if you did make this encounter the random walkabout of the bosses would have to be removed. Nothing like having the boss be on free ranged movement when you need him to stay in one area. This opens another problem! If the bosses stick to the tanks everyone else is free to dps heal and dump power with no fear of anything. How about adds capable of hitting like trucks say 90% of max health for a non tank role. Make them spawn every so often like 60 - 90 seconds or every 5-10% health of boss. 2 or 3 adds spawn trolls stun dps burns then back to bosses.The potential for all roles to be included and challenged is there, we just need to look for the opportunities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.