Running through enemies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Masaki, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Masaki New Player

Is it just me or does anyones else find it extremely annoying when your pug group skips through enemies? For example i was in LoA alert and the tank and dps just went straight through skipping enemies. So i the troll and the healer was left behind and we have to deal with those enemies that has piled up so instead of just dealing with 3-5 enemies we have to face like 10-13 ughhhh so we keep getting ko'd and the other 2 geniuses without a healer or troll died as well then i decided to leave.
    It might seem faster to just run throuh them but NO! Its not if anything its causing delay! LEARN TEAM WORK (but then again its a pug group so cant expect much)

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 15
  2. Twilight Man New Player

Yeap, annoying
    • Like x 2
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its a pug group so they are learning. Alerts are there to help build entry into teamwork so its a learning experience for all of them. However there are some people in this game who will never learn.
    • Like x 2
  4. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

most likely they've been carried and "know" that tactic from trigon...
    and don't realize it doesn't work in every instance...
    • Like x 2
  5. Deathmike Devoted Player

No. I find it annoying when people lag behind though.
    Why didn't you just follow?
    You don't need to kill each and every trash mob, you don't get extra points for doing so..

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 14
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Follow behind the Tank and all is good, lag behind and soon you'll be repairing your gear, just saying!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  7. Jacob DeVeraux New Player

Usually I get that with overgeared people. Example I just started a new toon. Did some of the T2 duos. This dude couldn't even keep his mind on one turret. I keep getting killed being only half t2 so I told him "Hey dummy keep your mind on one turret at a time. Mind you tthis guy had full T5.9 gear and failed to keep the turrets going long enough to destroy the cables and each time I died. So he finally does it after that and says "now who's the bad player?" I was dead honest. "You as you're not the one who knows teamwork and it doesn't take three to four tries to get it done." ..... especially if you're at T5 Level and I've healed you more than once. I honestly flew into the sky and let him solo it and didn't bother wasting my energy on him and ignored him.

There's a lesson to be learned just because you have good gear doesn't mean your good. There's no way those turrets would've died even if I had solod it with my T5 character. Just brush it off your shoulders. I turned chat off after that and I learned to simply leave the group and take the penalty rather than keep paying for repairs if people are that ignorant. It's not that they've been carried I think its that they don't care and think they're badass because they have high level armor and they never seem to think in the lower tiers that someones not a new player they can push around and manipulate into thinking they're good. lol like I said they shouldn't matter just leave and do your stuff whe you're good and ready. I don't waste my time with those people anymore.
    • Like x 3
  8. CCBatson Dedicated Player

People who rush through and respond by saying "don't lag behind" find themselves without a healer/troller when I run into this behavior. I find it rude and short-sighted, and it only benefits the person who initiates running forward, as the ones who have to react to this are almost always set upon by the adds, thusly dropped out of noncombat speed. It's especially annoying when the guys who rush ahead (almost always DPS) do so WITHOUT any warning or word whatsover.
    • Like x 13
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

When in doubt... follow the tank.

I hate when people separate in BIA and FAM.
    • Like x 5
  10. Jacob DeVeraux New Player

I love you for that one. lol that is one of the reasons I quit playing controller. I'd always get blamed for their dying when they got out of sight or too damn far. Though I notice being a healer now they don't exactly run from me anymore.
  11. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

It happens to me all the time. I was my gadgets troll the other day and two dps went on ahead and one tank stayed with me and a healer. Idk where the others were. We were slowed down and the DPS were yelling for power and getting mad cuz they are dying. I quickly told them have you ever tried sticking with the group? Sound advice fell on deaf ears...
    • Like x 2
  12. Jacob DeVeraux New Player

I was surprised Chibi that it still goes on. DPS have it easy though. They don't use their weapons and trolls still feed them lol. screw that anymore. I'll stick with my healer and watch them die. I tend to feed the whole group rather than just one and if they starve themselves of healing? It's on them. Most DPS haven't needed to learn their roles or the mechanics of other roles hence easy carrying when there are a crap load of DPS in one queable content. But that's another story for another day lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Masaki New Player

We tried following them, but you know when one mob hits you your moves slows down? Yeah and you end up being jumped by ten mobs.
    • Like x 7
  14. Masaki New Player

I have done trigon countless times and thankfully i have not seen a pug group who skips through mobs xD
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You're lucky. I got called a noob for not doing it last week. My response: "Ah, so part of running Trigon is leaving other group members behind. Got it, thanks!" /sarcasm

It's one thing to skip adds after letting the group know that's what a player intends to do. The majority of the time, people do not skip them, so we should not be expected to skip them at another player's whim without any warning. That is disrespectful to the group.

Also, players who feel the need to berate their group for not following suit... I feel bad that those players need a video game to feel better about themselves for doing something others did not. You have my pity, not my envy.
    • Like x 9
  16. Deathmike Devoted Player

Why be slow when you can be fast?
    I just don't get that.
    I never mock or make fun of people who aren't as experienced at the game, since it's just a game in the end, but there's no denying that it's inefficient to stay and kill adds that you can skip.

If you're going to run the same instance over and over countless time (which you will because content is limited) then you might as well learn how to run it properly.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 4
  17. Notangie New Player

In LOA the adds are stealthy, so the one bypassing them doesn't get caught, but anyone a few paces behind gets caught & surrounded. I don't see the point of skipping the adds when you can kill all the adds & still finish the alert in half the time it takes to get the speed feat.
    • Like x 6
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It all depends on the player's mentality. I'm the type that hates to leave anyone behind. I'll go back for teammates who have fallen behind and been knocked out as a result and revive them, then help them catch up. That's actually fun for me. If I'm going to run an instance multiple times, I'd prefer to find new ways to make it fun. What you feel is proper for you may not be fun for me. No offense intended; I am merely trying to point out that there is more than one way to play an instance, and not every one will find the same way to have fun in content.
    • Like x 5
  19. Masaki New Player

I am pretty experienced with the game. Im not saying im the best player out there or anything, i have played as a healer, tank, troll and ofcourse dps. I know my way around each and every roles, and leaving your troll and healer behind thinking you can solo the mobs is a very dumb move even if you are high geared. Plus didn't you see what i wrote? You can be fast yes! but once you get hit you switch to your combat stance and you slow down.

As the other guy said they could've atleast warned us or tell us that they are skipping the mobs so we could atleast prepare for it. So seth thank you for your response i agree with everything you've said
    • Like x 7
  20. Dead_Corps New Player

if only everyone would learn this little bit of info. On the other hand some tanks should not be tanks.

Skipping adds is ok if everyone is on the same page. Next time just fall back and wait for them to come get you or wait for them to die and start back at the check point.

When I heal a raid or alert I say "I cast powers for you. So you cast powers for me." Now not everyone will know what I'm talking about but, the ones who know what that means know teamwork.
    • Like x 1