FNL TOUR: Living Legends V

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Daddio, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Daddio New Player

[IMG]
    RULES:
    • PLAYERS ON USPC ONLY.
    • 2-person team(s) must sign up at http://fnltour.challonge.com/LLV
    • PLAYERS MAY ONLY USE LIGHT POWERED LEGEND CHARACTERS
    • Team Captains please register names for tourney.
    • Please use in game ACTUAL names when registering teams for the tournament.
    • No Inappropriate names or league names will be allowed. (May be banned from competition)
    • Winning team Captain will report WIN to Oiddad/Daddio in-game in the FNL channel
    • All matches will take place in 2v2 BATCAVE scrimmages.
    • Captain in top of bracket sends scrimmage request to the Captain in bottom of bracket.
    • No two of the same LEGENDS CHARACTERS may be used.
    • Please add the FNL in game chat channel to your channels.
    • Do not start matches until instructed by Oiddad/Daddio in the FNL channel
    • Other Legal stuff here
    PRIZES:
    • FNL Tour: Living Legends V (US PC)·Format:2v2 Legends
      ·Prizing Per Team: 3000 Station Cash (1st), 2000 Station Cash (2nd), 1000 Station Cash (3rd)
      Winners will have prizes awarded to them in game.
    TIME AND PLACE:
    • All matches will take place on Friday, March 21th, 2014
    • 3:30 Pacific will be the start of all matches. finish time is unknown
    • Initial matches must be completed within 15 minutes of start time or Forfeit will be reported
    • Registration closes on Thursday, March 20th, 2014 or when full.
    • Players can choose to meet up at the Superman Statue in the PVE phase.
    • All instruction shall be given in FNL chat, please have it enabled.
    • Please phase with Oiddad or Daddio for instructions.
  2. Dopest Active Player

Cool, too bad I cannot participate anymore :/
  3. Daddio New Player

4. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I'll be coming back to reclaim my title!
    • Like x 1
  5. Ogat New Player

How dare You loose it in the first place :p
  6. kawe Loyal Player

Hm, interesting. But I only have Robin on my PC toon. :p
  7. Daddio New Player

you can unlock a few in game.
  8. TheLoneLantern New Player

Can Atrocitus be banned or choose a different map? Basically, any group not using Atro will be at a huge disadvantage in the Batcave...
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

There's one particular lantern that can counter Atrocitus, work it out :p
  10. TheLoneLantern New Player

If it aint Kilowog or Arkillo, that doesn't help me...
  11. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Well you're obviously going to struggle then if you don't use the counter to him & you're also using the weaker choices :p
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

I guess I'm misunderstanding what the point of this tournament is then. Perhaps it IS just about choosing the next FOTM OP characters available, then beating your chest when you place as some sense of accomplishment. The audience will enjoy seeing lesser-used characters on FNL, which is the true purpose, imo.
  13. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Atro is far from being bannable, just focus fire him and burn him down and stay on top of your counters.
  14. JonnyD New Player

I sure would enjoy people rocking robin to the top, or a robin & batman duo (was disappointed by the last batman and nightwing even though the themed round was fun). Someone's gotta represent the bird! I will be skipping watching this FNL :/ tired of the lights...
  15. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

The character that counters Atro isn't really overpowered, just very good. There's nothing FOTM about him, just that his abilities and his play style directly counters Atrocitus and can even nullify his SC somewhat if they make a mistake. However he himself can also be countered, knowledge of legends characters & their counters/synergy is part of the game. Out of the selection available, there's only one real legend that shouldn't really be considered and is poor. There's then four that are slightly weaker but viable and three that are going to be the strongest. However certain legends from the slightly weaker section can be used to counter certain legends from the top bracket, so the potential legends to be utilised is very high in this tournament.

FNL is a tournament, it's made to display who the best players are (hence the rankings) and to let players watch them & provide them with the chance to play against them. People enjoy seeing the best players play so that they can learn from them & also enjoy the competitive aspect of the tours. Sure seeing lesser played characters is a bonus and people find it fun (part of the reason why we usually agree to ban chars in finals) but the "point" behind the FNL Tours isn't to entertain through weak characters. It's to entertain through displays of skill as well as give competitive players something to play the game for.

Limiting the characters down just lets us see different legends for a change, all of the lanterns bar JS/Sin haven't been seen much. It's also much more balanced.
    • Like x 2
  16. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I think clutch is talking about Saint Walker
  17. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Shhhh
  18. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

looking forward to this one :D