An Idea for the masses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FallenSkies, Feb 28, 2014.

1. FallenSkies Level 30

So there's a lot of back and forth talk about raids not being hard enough for the skilled player and raids being too hard for the casual player.

A big part is also about the best gear being dropped from the harder raids no one can get it except the best players leaving everyone else in dust.

solution - have a hard mode of the raid and an easy mode of the raid.

easy mode raid - drops actual gear that will help you progress thru pve tiers
    hard mode raid - drops styles only, the gear will not up your specs in anyway.(style feats included plz)

That way the hardcore players have something to hold over everyone else's head (even though they claim only to enjoy the challenge) by wearing those styles out if they choose to.

As for the Casual player who wants the style, they can wait until next tier or next two tiers to come where they can just over power the raid and get the style afterwards. they get to experience the raid, get the proper gear and don't cry that someone else has better gear.

Discuss....
    • Like x 11
  2. Poo New Player

3. Laff Riot New Player

Why would I want to run the hard mode for ONLY styles? That makes no sense. It should drop better gear.
  4. FallenSkies Level 30

If you want gear then run the easy one or wait for next dlc,

This is for people who legitimately want a challenge out of the game and are complaining it is too easy, and you can get skill points for the style feat.

But the way it is now, the game is too easy, we're over geared for everything, I'm hoping this solution can satisfy the casuals as well as the pros by not over gearing the pros while still giving them something to challenge and hang onto like a temporary trophy(styles). And the casuals from not feeling excluded and feeling they'll never get the best gear.

You think why would i run it? when you are bored of the easy stuff and want to challenge yourself or your league.
  5. Jovaa Well-Known Player

Hmm special styles that only drop in hard mode raids? Better be some nice styles. Although as a style *****, even if it looks bad I would still want to collect them all :rolleyes:

But this would be fair...if it dropped better gear, nobody would run the easier one.
    • Like x 1
  6. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

But then they are feeding into the problem of people being over-geared for the content.
    • Like x 1
  7. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I dont get why these kids keep implying that casual players are less skilled?

Just because many of us have lives outside this game does not mean we are not good. The only difference is I may not have as many SP quite simply because there is some grinding I just wont do *cough*toyman*cough*
    • Like x 2
  8. Burnt New Player

You mean like novice and expert? What a novel idea
  9. Baryon Boy New Player

We had a thread like this a couple weeks ago, about having super ultra hard versions of raids (with the same loot/styles/etc as the normal version) for people who wanted a challenge.

It got shouted down then, it will probably get shouted down now.
  10. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

11. Raptor T. Committed Player

+1

A challenge would be nice. Nexus and Paradox were hard when they were released... but I didn't quit. I played more because I saw an opportunity to shine. Challenges encourage me to try harder and motivate me to be more.
  12. Drakonicus New Player

They already told us is not going to happen. Is not "if we ask every single day" not going to happen. Its "we dont think thats is a good idea" not going to happen.
    /thread
  13. Laff Riot New Player

No I meant as in why would people run a harder content just for the style when you can do the easy one for the actual stats and style? It makes no sense.
  14. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I believe the thought is, so they have something hard to do. But I understand your point. However, if they get harder versions with better loot, then after they gear up they will (most likely) be back at square one - complaining there is no challenge.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

You mean novice and expert except you are going to rename them to easy mode and hard mode, Why on earth has nobody thought of this?
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperBell Loyal Player

For the challenge.
  17. jessiejames4211 New Player

I like it as long as I ave diff looking gear I am happy :p
  18. Bast10n Committed Player

I t
    I think what the OP is suggesting is that people would get gearded in the normal raid and the hard raid would drop an exclusive style. The l337 would have their challengeing raid and a style to wear around saying "look what I can do" to stroke their ego.
    • Like x 1
  19. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

LOL exactly
  20. IGotYA New Player

Sure, as long they aren't on the same weekly lockout, like FoS novice and expert.
    it is something at least.