DETAILED EARTH TANK LOADOUT

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ORBIT, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ORBIT New Player

Hope this helps guys
    • Like x 7
  2. Anti Bezz New Player

Why not post in the Eath guide instead of making a new thread. Yes cool to help community, but there are threads for this so people put them in the same place instead of making new and new post all the time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime New Player

Cause only earth people would see it. I mean there really cant be a new earth tank loadout. It has been the same for awhile. This is really more advertising than anythng.
  4. Black Prime New Player

I mean you have a NEW tank loadout using phase dodge a week before it gets nerfed. Why not make a new video since in 1 week this will be old and not usable. I dont like the nerf to phase dodge, but it is happening so might as well adapt and not put out a new loudout video a week before the nerf. Lol.
  5. ORBIT New Player

if you watched the video i explain phase dodge as if it had been nerfed
    • Like x 1
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

i only watched the first 30 seconds. i had to stop because phase dodge. eww. also how are you gonna get general or ninja back to you in nexus? pd or hard light shield certainly arent doing that for ya.
  7. ORBIT New Player

please done comment if you havnt watched the video because i explain everything in the video
  8. Proto1118 Committed Player

Nice! Started tanking with my Earth guy and it's been fun. More fun than DPSing.
  9. Amazon Committed Player

Have the exact same Load out though I use lasso for single target and don't use phase dodge. I'm flight, and don't lie HL shield, anything worth it in the flight tree other thsn maybe air Burst? Other wise I use shards, to knock them back.
  10. Chavez989 New Player

Thank you for putting together this video. However, I am not sure it is practical for the higher Tier content. My primary toon on USPS4 is an Earth Tank. Aftershocking in the higher Tier content puts too much strain on the Healers and the group in general. I enjoy Earth Tanking and would Aftershock Tank up and until Sons of Trigon, no more.

In order to be relevant and effective, it has become necessary to Pet Tank. The current end content bosses hit way too hard and way to fast, in my opinion, to allow an Earth Tank to Aftershock.

My current loadout is as follows, from left to right:

Lasso (Iconic) - Single Target Pull, This is better than Earthen Grip as it Stuns and Grounds.
    Epicenter - To center multiple Targets - Quite possibly one of the best Tank pulls in the game.
    Damage Shift - Shifts Damage to Pet; You only have to hit this once and it stays up until the pet dies.
    Gemstone Shield - One of the best shields - Usable while being controlled
    Brick - Pet to Taunt and transfer damage.
    Stone - Cheap single target taunt to keep the bosses interested

I did watch the entire video prior to posting. These are just my thoughts, they obviously differ from yours.
  11. GuardianE New Player

Orbit I am a big fan and thanks as well for putting up the video. I agree as well with Chavez989 on the pet vs the aftershock in the heir tier content. If you come back across this thread can you comment on why you specifically choose the aftershocks over the pet?

Also just to comment on the phase dodge nerfing previously commented by other users on this thread....Orbit shows how you can use it for the pets which only makes (IMO) more of a reason to use Brick because at least for me he stays alive longer than 15s and it shouldn't affect us in that regard however it is going to be tough with trying to activate other moves with it. I know gemstone can be clipped well with your other powers as well so thats something to consider. However the nerf is still going to make things a little harder for earth tanks.

thanks again orbit.
  12. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I use something fairly similar. Nice breakdown.
    • Like x 4
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

I use the same loadout the last time I was Earth minus Phase Dodge (because I knew the nerf was coming) and the extra pull in it's place. This is a fairly common and obvious loadout. Sometimes I think people are more concerned with putting out quantity over quality when it comes to videos. God knows we're only a few days away from StarrySky creating yet another Rage loadout thread.
  14. Ice Lantern New Player

This right here should tell people how obvious the loadout is. :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Enceladusonfire New Player

Thanks for putting this video together, I definitely learned a thing or two from it.

Cheers, mate.
  16. Forced Penance New Player

Now that WM is out and about, do you still stick with 2handed or have you found something else?
  17. xskateXX Well-Known Player

the damage shift doesnt work!
    dunno why!