Trinity photos coming soon!?! (Man of Steel Sequel)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rumour, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Rebelled New Player

I was more curious to where you got your Ryan as Lex rumor from.

Eisenberg's a good actor, you should check out more of his movies. Plenty of actors don't reach their peak until they're put in something completely out of their comfort zone. Cranston & Ledger are good examples of this. You should wait until the movie's out before judging his talent.
  2. Dragonfyre New Player

Gal Gadot didn't bag the fans. She pointed out the stupidity of their arguments that she would be a bad Wonder Woman because her breasts aren't big enough.

Internet kids judge casting based on anything these days.

Man, Elijah Woods will make a terrible Frodo because he is too tall....

Computers and camera angle can do anything. I have seen mongtarded arguments against Gal's casting because her eyes are the wrong color.
  3. Rebelled New Player

The subtitles on the video weren't covering everything she was saying. Including tone of voice which gave away her ****** attitude.

Her response to the breast thing made her come off as ignorant.
  4. Dragonfyre New Player

I can't speak to what she said because I don't speak the language.

Her to response to the breast thing, IMO, made her come off as knowing that internet kids are idiots.
    • Like x 1
  5. LL New Player

He was really good in Now You See Me.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rebelled New Player

I saw her response as going down to their level.. Going on the internet to find a quick comeback without fact checking it? Sounds like something an "internet kid" would do.
  7. Dragonfyre New Player

You're making an assumption based on nothing. How do you know she went on the internet and looked up anything? I knew Amazons removed a boobie without going on the internet. All she was doing was highlighting the ridiculousness of the argument the internet had with her being picked. i.e. her boobies aren't big enough to be Wonder Woman.
  8. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Who cares? This movie is doomed to suck, un needed Batman and Wonder Woman in Superman's sequel not to mention Wonder Woman and Lex have Batman & Robin type casting? LOL Riigghhtt... meanwhile at Marvel..
  9. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Amazons removing their breast is only mentioned in a few ancient texts, most likely stemming from the same source. There are no known or discovered ancient artworks, of which there are many, that have depicted them as having one breast. Amazons however are usually depicted as having one breast covered and the other exposed. This info was found on the internet.;)

There's hope yet that Gal Gadot can indeed fill the role of Wonder Woman, at least physically. And leave it to Marvel to show us why and set the bar...
    [IMG]
    Zoe Saldana has similar measurements and the same "Banana" body type as Gal Gadot. Here she is as Gamora for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Zoe Saldana has seemingly always had nice arms from her action movies but here her whole upper body looks strong enough to pass for an alien assassin. I think Gal Gadot can pull it off after all, especially with the extra time.:)
  10. Rebelled New Player

Greek Amazons did not do remove a breast. The ones in South America did.
  11. Dragonfyre New Player

I think you are missing the point of the counter argument. The response was solely designed to show how stupid something like breast size was to the casting of a movie. She also highlighted that breasts are easy to change size and how cheap plastic surgery is. She wasn't saying she was going to get plastic surgery. Just that the entire argument of she can't play Wonder Woman because her breasts don't match the comic book size was ridiculous .
  12. Dragonfyre New Player

Also. Do an Internet search for amazons and it will show you the suggested origins of the word amazon..

Peculiar, but perhaps justified from the Amazons perspective, was the removal of a girl's right breast. While still a girl, the right breast would be cauterized using a searing hot bronze tool. It was thought to be a necessary evil, to mutilate and remove all possible hindrances to using a spear or drawing an arrow. This practice may has attributed them the name Amazons from the Classical Greek word "Amazoi", which translates to either breast-less, full-breasted or not-touching men. "Full-breasted" appears to be a paradox, but that is precisely how the Amazons have been depicted, whether in sculptures or paintings. These women were more in tune with warfare than with feminism. An Amazon was not allowed to get married, because they thought it to be a kind to slavery to a man. However, to carry on their race, they would very often mate with men from nearby societies or with handsome prisoners of war. Once their purpose was fulfilled, the prisoners would be used as slaves or killed. Source: www.greeka.com

I find your argument to be strange at best. Lacking in foundation at worst .
  13. Campor Well-Known Player

He stated it in a few interviews back in March of last year.

And honestly, that isn't going to happen. You can't have the same actor play the same character with a completely different setup and not have it come off as really weird. The Lantern, the ring, the suit, all of it was off. It'd be like he was a Hal from a different universe. I'd really rather just have a new Hal Jordan for a Justice League movie, if one at all. I'd prefer one of the other Lanterns getting the spotlight though. Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner haven't really had much in the way of movie/TV popularity.

Not counting the Guy episodes of the Green Lantern Animated Series. Or that god awful Justice League of America movie. Egh.
  14. Mont New Player

RR comment was a joke, surprised u thought it was real.............. GOT YA!!!!! LOL
  15. MasterRedDeth New Player

I sense that the Eisenberg Luthor will be a much younger Luthor sort of like the Rosenbaum Luthor. I'm fine with but I just hope he can carry a slight air of intimidation that makes everyone feel they are below him.
  16. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

They need to NOT have Affleck as Batman.. Movie is already ruined for me..
  17. Rebelled New Player

Affleck's a great actor. Why not wait until you actually see him in the role before making that call? People always get like this, was the same with Joker in the dark knight.

As far as appearance went, my ideal casting was Josh Brolin..But acting goes beyond appearances.
  18. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

I gave him the benefit as Daredevil.. He failed.. Miserably.. I have very little faith in his ability to portray the legend that is Batman as anything but another sub-par decoration to the film.. If by some miracle he pulls it off brilliantly I will happily admit my ignorance and praise his performance. But until that time, I stick by my deduction that he will be terrible. *shrug*
  19. Rebelled New Player

You do know.. an actor does what a director tells him to do, right? Even Affleck hated Daredevil. His acting in it was fine. The director's portrayal of Matt Murdoch was not.

An actor is there to interpret a director's vision. It's why Affleck is at his full potential as an actor when he directs and acts in his own movie. He's gotten awards for it. Playing a hero is a huge risk to anyones career, he wouldn't do it again unless he had faith in the script, director & it's crew.
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Affleck has been money in recent years...Daredevil was not on him at all, the dialogue, awful fight choreography and poor story were to blame for that...The directors cut of DD is actually pretty good

I think hes the best casting of the bunch by a long shot (outside of Cavil of course)...I was against it at first, but after really giving it thought I think he'll nail it...He seems to perfectly fit the direction theyre trying to go with this Bruce and Im actually really excited to see how it turns out

Eisenberg is the one I have the biggest problem with and even hes starting to grow on me a little...still hate how small he is and non-threatening his voice sounds, but other than that he has the "Smug, genius billionaire thing down pat"