Guess whose joining the Justice League?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Has2besaid, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Has2besaid Committed Player

Rumor has it that after the events of Forever Evil Lex is so well thought of he gets a spot on the team and is vying for leadership. Its also been whispered that just as he did when he was president....he's taking the role seriously and is trying to be a hero. I think if this is done well it will be great but one misstep and it will blow chunks. The fact that Superman and Flash apparently couldn't stomach it, and Batman and Wonder Woman can already doesn't sit well. What do you think? Is this a good idea for a plot or is it just a copy of Marvels plot with Norman Osbourne a few years ago.

[IMG]
  2. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

:confused: honestly imo Lex is a better villain than a hero. I don't like seeing him as a hero. He will always be a villain in my eyes.
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Hmmm ... a villain ... in suit of battle armor ... becomes a hero ... and other heroes don't trust him ... total Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot rip ... sorry DC just say'n
    • Like x 3
  4. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Make MelvinPox part of the Justice League not Lex.
    • Like x 3
  5. Entity Committed Player

I like it, it opens entirely new doors. Ill post some examples

Now with Lex on the team, he can either be an "inside agent" i feel Lex can become that guy who can do both sides and in the most important time he"ll make his selfih decision making a gret arc. Or like in the actual dcuo comics he could risk it all only o lose it all! < in the comic Lex saved everyone and everything by giving up all his heroic recognition, selfishness, etc by going back in time and giving past/present bats info that could save the world. This was Lex's greatest sacrifice and it made a great comic!!!

Just wish there was better art, not saying it was bad art. Im just used to batman dark and moody :)
  6. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I guess we'll see where this goes. I like the New 52. I like the style and most of the stories ... but I want Superman to be a boyscout again! Bats is the one people should be afraid of, not Supes
  7. Mont New Player

in an alternate reality, Zod was founding member of JLA......... he had to stop the power mad Kal El from going around and snapping necks
  8. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

See, there's a movie I'd pay to see!
  9. Harley'sPoisonousCat New Player

ABSOLUTELY NOT.!!!!!!!!!!!! LEX WILL RUIN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IF HE JOINS
  10. Blazt Furnace New Player

That is like Dr. Doom joining the Fantastic 4. BLECH!
  11. thirty six Loyal Player

*hands Lex a power change token*

there, now you can puke blood at the thought of this, Lex!
    • Like x 1
  12. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

DC Comics have gone down hill so much.
    I still read new DC Comics when the Lex Luthor as President thing went down, but he - and he fact that he was President - didn't show up in any of the books that I was subscribed to at the time.
    Yeah, it was when a certain writer gained more influence and control over DC that my taste for DC Comics turned sour.

To me Lex Luthor in the Justice League is a travesty. To think of him as becoming leader of the Justice League is .... I can't even go there. It disgusts me.

Good on the Superman and the Flash.

Comics have changed so much over the years. The reason that I read DC comics is gone.

I started off as a Marvel fan and then switched over to DC comics, because I stopped enjoying the Marvel stories. Now neither of them are to my taste.
    I can't say how glad I am that there are reprints coming out of comics in the past that I wasn't able to purchase issues of and/or missed in the past.

Why would anyone even want to let Lex Luthor into the Justice League? was this some kind of mandate from someone outside of the League?
    I mean, even Booster Gold should have an issue with Lex Luthor being in the League let alone being the leader.

It's all just sensationalism for sales. Sales-driven stories are NOT what I'm looking for. Those stories are simply for collector sales.

I believe in the mythology of Superheroes. It is by nature very hero/villain divided. All this muddling and the graying of the waters isn't suited for the mythology.
  13. Ivy Bird Committed Player

He did at one point.
  14. Blazt Furnace New Player

And it was terrible.
  15. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

The new 52 is growing on me. It's not terrible. Except what they have done to Black Adam.:mad: It seems like a cool story but you are right Marvel beat them to the punch. I'm sure we will see a villain trying to do the right thing but struggling with his dark side. The only difference here if it is true I guess is Luthor isn't crazy I guess. He is just a master manipulator. It will change the story a lot from that perspective. I hope it doesn't stink as a story. The Justice League and JLA are my only 2 regular pulls I have left. Oh that reminds me they have ruined the Justice Society for me too.
  16. Tule New Player

Does that picture mean Captain Cold is joining as well? Cause I would love the Rogues to join the Justice League.
  17. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

I am reading Forever Evil and my guess is that's a cover shot or a panel of the final showdown with the Crime Syndicate.
  18. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

BTW I like what they are doing with Owlman. I see potential to make him much larger in the new universe. Maybe even his own title as an antihero.
  19. Has2besaid Committed Player

Captain Cold is joining as well.

My two biggest peeves is
    (1) Batman is going to have to get a full face mask and replacement because I don't see how he can keep his identity secret working alongside Lex for very long.

(2) What happened to Firestorm and the other new members that joined just before Forever Evil. JLA is getting cancelled so I was hoping that Vibe, Hawkman, and Katana would join alongside Firestorm, Elemental Woman, and gosh darn it Atomica. ( I know shes a villain but she was cool.

Owlman might be tough to bring over unless they scrap the Thomas Wayne Owlman at the end of Court of Owls. Syndicates Owlman is way more interesting though.