DLC9: Assault and Battery Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 500ty0w1 New Player

No problem! It's been snowing over here in Virginia so I sympathize, and Texas roads + ice = all the mayhem. Also, notice some people saying it's hard. Ran it yesterday, took less than 2 hours to finish the raid. It's hard-ish in certain parts, but it should be because the drops are great. Honestly, I enjoyed the Sinestro fight a lot.
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not sure if this is any help to you, but after a controller has CCed the adds, if they focus on the adds and hit them with a ranged weapon attack between power dumping, they'll build their own power back slightly to help with the power situation.

Me and my partner controller were struggling to keep the power up on the team, but that was because we were learning the mechanic for the first time. Once we realised they stay stunned for a while, it was a case of basically changing our focus from hurting the boss to focusing entirely on these mobs. By throwing weapon combos and power dumps in between CCs, we were efficiently able to keep the team at full power, while stunning all the mobs.

With a bit of practice, you could probably get down to just 1 controller handling the adds and the other helping debuff the boss, but honestly, it wasn't difficult or time consuming at all with 2 tanks, 2 dps, 2 healers, 2 controllers and no boss debuffs while the adds were up.
  3. Syrie New Player

if anybody needs a nerf it would be Hank, I found everything else in the last boss fight easy. His random one shot raging really sucks when both of the bosses are about to die. It really seems like the AI got smarter and it knows when it kills one person, may as well kill four, and lets see if they can recover from that! The group I was in, ran the last boss about 25 times, 10 of those times we wiped when both bosses had about 5% life, all thanks to hank!
    • Like x 2
  4. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Honestly, i think everyone needs to grind out their gear, for those of us that had to grind BIA and FAM to get Manta Gear over and over again, just to run nexus to get 86 gear over and over, just to get into wave to get 87 (traces at the time), who grinded 1 boss up for hours and hours re running for gear, now with war of the light it is a breeze for us to get through this 8 man op. For those of you who grinded raven, and got synthetics and essentially scammed your gear, you all need to chill out about the difficulty beacuse you didnt put one shred of work into it, Leave the Difficulty the way it is or raise it , for those of us that grinded wave and are 101, we earned this raid, CR84 to buy the iconic gear is bull, another hand out to the DC world. So for those of you complaining about the difficulty who didnt earn your gear, deal with it, and for those who Grinded their gear out i respect you and keep up the good fight on the Villian Side.
  5. TheTimeShadow Level 30

A well organized group can breeze this raid, Hal Jordan and Saint Walker do hit hard but nothing that is not manageable for the healers and the tank, just know your role.
  6. TheTimeShadow Level 30

The Ironic part of this DLC is that its only out for a few days and for our main roles there is not much left to get out of this DLC, feats, styles, thats about it, back to exactly what it was before the DLC came out. Give us more to sink our teeth into DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Light Blast, or grasping hand combo to light blast, however light blast does not last forever but it is a multi stun for a short duration
  8. Radium Devoted Player

I believe your exact words when you walked into Hal for the first time were " Holy ****" and it went on that way for a few minutes lol
  9. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Problems in New Raid:

1.) Maze Doors sometimes do not open sometimes if players in the maze were killed due to crystals being destroyed.
    2.) When trying to to get feat of occupying the four corners, if the crystals are destroyed in the room while there is a person in the bottom right hand corner, they do not die whilst everyone else in the maze does, of which locks down the maze and that user cannot escape, the only way to escape is to warp rally or hq , now if you have no options you have to wait to warp.
    3.)Mogo Boss fight there is no teleporter to enter fight once started, door closes and thats it.
  10. TheTimeShadow Level 30

This is true radium, they surprised me that they hit that hard but not as hard as the ravager, but still surprisingly hard.

I cant recall the last time someting other than the rav beat on me like that
  11. TheTimeShadow Level 30

FIrst time is always a ***** until you get the mechanics.
  12. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This is what I used last night. I put GH and Ram as my two CC moves, thinking I could use Ram to push them back a bit if I was late on a stun and they drifted forward. The issue with LB is that the "cone" of effect is a little sketchy. Sometimes it'll hit all four in a pretty wide cone, sometimes it only gets three and you need to immediately reapply GH to the 4th. I haven't gotten it to consistently stick. I'll probably go with blast on my loadout bar next time to get rid of the delay you get from comboing into it from GH/ST.

Mostly I just wanted to QQ for a second on the fact that quake seemed to get a ninja update I didn't know about. It now says in the left pane that it stuns 2 targets in Control Role. The formatting is bad, though, with the Control Role text right up against Damage Role instead of the separation you usually see in that left hand pane. Hard to describe, but I hope it makes sense to light users that can check it out. Based on past experience with the set, it used to hit multiple targets, juggle/knock them down, and stun them on standing. As soon as I heard about people using that Quantum lift I was like, "Oh, spike quake back on my troll loadout." Only now...that doesn't work so well. (Q.Q)
  13. TheTimeShadow Level 30

HL Troll all you really have is Grasping hand for the adds, but light blast clip gives you time to stun the other add then apply grasping hand, dont know much about spike quake but if it did stun them that is way quicker than GH or LB
  14. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Wait all 4 adds? What was the other troll doin at the end.......o_O
  15. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Light blast is
    Light blast is a Stun (sort of), is a stun whilst the beam is on him, but i find its nice to clip into it , for example, nexus and 3 sparks wake up, a HL troll can stun them all way before a Quantum Troll can blink using grasping hand clip to light blast, or light blast and the other troll finishes it.
  16. savageprime New Player

Im sorry but I highly have to disagree with an already nerf. You are trying a raid that is a tier above your current gear set that has you at 99 and you say nerf??? This is SUPPOSED to be difficult cause if not than whats the point? Get the appropriate tiered gear with appropriate mods instead being lazy and doing like everyone else and putting synthetics in level 90 gear and get a good group and learn the raid not just burn it. This raid is exactly what the community has been asking for man. Trolls not just battery's and strategy needed. You have nrx and dox to just burn all day if you want but dont attempt to force all raids into nex or dox. Learn the raid man and im sure you will get it. Many groups are already completing it just the way it is so clearly its feasible. Also remember that gear again just like with nex first came out people tried with t4 gear now look at it...the ravenger will barely phase a 101 tank or healer. Learn not just burn.
  17. Ogat New Player

The point is it's not difficult at all, I've cleared this with groups who would have never ever in hundrets of years cleared an eo run in the NERFED paradox. It's actually kinda funny, I do not bother buying the vendor gear at all, all the previous instances in the game were doable or even easy with traces, same goes for the new ops you absolutely don't need the new gear at all to beat them(Kinda pointless to introduce op gear which you actually will never use to it's fullest, as soon as t6 drops this gear will be obsolete anyway).
  18. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Quantum is lucky in that they have a power that is an AoE stun while the other 3 power sets need to use a cone stun. As a DLC power set, I really think Light shouldn't have had spike quake changed to be only 2 stunned targets. But, I've been trying to get Entrap fixed for months and seem to have gotten so far there, so I'm not overly optimistic that they're going to fix Light trolling.

If you take a Quantum troll that can stun all 4, then the other troll can focus on doing what controllers should have been doing all along: PoT (if that's their role in the group), picking folks up, calling tells, calling tubes, backing up the CC troll to make sure no Manhunters drift from their sight.
  19. Millbarge Developer

1. No more info needed. I'll take a look as soon as I can get into the office. Austin's roads are iced over at the moment.
    2. By bottom-right you are meaning the entrance cell? The orientation may be different based on what you are using as reference. Assuming the entrance is #1 and counting clockwise what cell is having the issue?
    3. Just to verify - you were a Villain, correct? Heroes also have a boss fight on Mogo when they are defending Mogo.
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  20. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Bottom RIght as in the Entrance to the Maze #1 the first square you stand in before someone activates the maze, when you are trying the feat for four corners. If crystals are destroyed in the Main Room that user is locked in there with no way to kill themselves, they can warp rally, but if there is no option you have to wait depending on the situation, but if we didnt think of that , disband etc.

The Door that closes and no portal i was refering to is the Construct Rock Boss on the Villian Side, that Specific Room.

USPS - Villian
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.