Your Character's Origins

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magnificent, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Brother Cimorelli New Player

I believe that original thread on the old boards was started by me on my old profile Lightstrr Tara...LoL But fill free to bring it back I encourage it..
  2. Malgarron Level 30

Edmund VanDaggen, once a giant of a geek, with the desire to be like Superman. At 6'5, 275lbs, in 12th grade, he had the look of a superhero. Tall, strong, squared shoulders, solid jaw, and well-kept hair. He hated bullies, so those who were picked on ran to him, not knowing he relied solely on his imposing figure to make them think twice before causing trouble. Though intimidating in stature, he was a coward, acting as best he could, for his own safety as well as those who sought his aid. Edmund longed to have the courage and power like Superman had, but felt that, since he was merely human, he would never have it. After graduating, he joined Bane's crew, believing that venom would give him the confidence he needed to put in action the strength he had and more strength that came with it. But ultimately, his time in Bane's crew only showed him just how weak he really was. He joined them to gain real strength to defeat bullies, but was he himself bullied into being a criminal, forced out of fear into harming those he wished to help safeguard. One day, he had enough. He turned himself in, as well as all those he knew about in Bane's crew.
    [IMG]
    In prison, he was often met by a man who worked for LexCorp. He told him of his dreams, and how far he had fallen from them. The agent offered him a chance at being more that simply "super", that he would be Supreme. He would be able to hold his own fighting with Superman and the Justice League. Maybe even form his own league of justice. He told the agent that he always wanted to meet Powergirl, the agent promised someday he would. Bailing Edmund out, he was taken to a secret lab where he spent nearly a month. The doctors there were working as best they could with what little they had of Kryptonian DNA, mixing it with a new form of venom, and making it part of his DNA. He became stronger, faster, more resistant to damage, and Kryptonite had little to no negative effect on him. But the process and mixture found his own insecurities, fears, doubts, and desires to be a hero. His mind became chaotic, especially after exposure to an exobite that gave him power over fire. "Comforting" him, the doctors of LexCorp "helped" him understand. They focused him on following Lex's orders, for he was only doing what was in the best interest of all humanity, and for the safety of Earth. They told him he will be a great hero someday, that he will be as great as Superman, even greater than him. Though harsh things may need to be done, ultimately, it will all be done for the greater good in the end.
    [IMG]
    Confused, manipulated, and with the growing power of a fiery Superman. One agent jokingly called him the Sapien Supreme. To Edmund, the name sounded awesome. The joke, was that the name ultimately meant "wisdom supreme", but to the agents of LexCorp, he was a super-powered fool, a puppet, with a joke of a name. After escaping the Brainiac Harvester ship, Lex called upon him to aid his experiment. Torn between the feeling he was doing wrong, and the belief it was for the greater good, he attacked and infected students. When confronting the law, something in his head turned their image to that of bullies and gangsters, preventing him from helping people. And when he was tasked to help gather fresh Kryptonian DNA from Powergirl, he was both excited and scared. All he had done felt wrong, but he believed he would ultimately be revealed a hero. What if she didn't understand? What if, he had to fight her? After their battle, he took a sample from her, and gave it to Parasite. When him and his clones, made from students, kids like he once was, left, he looked down at an unconscious Powergirl, knelt beside her, and gently hugged her. Whispering to her "everything will be ok, in the end. You'll see. I am truly sorry for hurting you, but everything will be done, for the betterment of humanity, and protection of Earth. Rest well". A few tears fell from his eyes as he kissed her on the head, leaving her laying with her cape folded up like a pillow for her head.
    [IMG]
    Emerging from Met U, the Sapien Supreme held desperately to what he said, praying he was right, but feeling something was wrong. He began to think about what that agent meant, "fight with Superman". "I wonder, if I will actually have to, fight, him?". Taking a deep breath, and dodging a few bullets, he took to the air, and flew back to the club for his next part in hopefully making the world a better place. One matter on his mind to do so; make Bane pay, and make sure he never lies to anymore people again.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. Raptor T. Committed Player

I haven't really touched the background story of my character too deeply. But for mine, he was like 3 years old before the cinematic trailer battle happened. The battle happened when he was 20 and he was captured.. Now aboard Brainiacs ship. They plan to turn him into a slave (like those t2 duos). His parents were killed by Brainiacs minions. So after the heroes lost that battle, Lex realized that Brainiac was behind everything. So he escaped and got onto one of brainiacs ships.. Attempting to escape. Then Lex found the boy (Jet Raptor) and this other person. Luthor asked what happened to both of them. After that Lex decided to train them to be on his side.. So he can kill Brainiac and for killing his parents (remember it was a three way battle).

Lex found an exobyte.. He decided to test it on both of them.. It gave him the power of ice. And the other person got gadgets. They became friends and they both do evil things for Lex. They were villains that time. They fought together for a few years.. Until one day Lex decided to meet up w/ Batman in FOS.

They plan to travel back in time to release exobits all over the world. The two partners hav known batman for many years. But Jet Raptor was busy doing another mission for Lex not too far from FOS. After fighting for so long against brainiacs forces.

He saw a huge explosion coming from FOS. the fortress has collapsed. He ran to it.. Wondering what had happened. After he got there, he did not see any signs of Lex.. He digged thru the sunstones and realized he was looking down at his dead partner.. Fractured. Later he found future batman.. Who had survived. Jet realized it was Lex that killed his partner.. Plus batman told him as well. He made a hard decision. He followed Batman and decided to help him.

He went from a super villain to super hero.

Batman told Jet to travel back in time to worn others about Brainiac AND lex. Batman also told him he will hav friends (after Luthor infects planet w/ exos). He traveled back in time.. He ended up being aboard Brainiacs ship.. (That's when tutorials began). He fought his way thru and ended up in Gotham eats end police station. He later became a tank.. And has made many new friends. He will continue to help others and be a force for the good.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raptor T. Committed Player

This is how Fractured died. U can see how everything fits in.

• Like x 1
  5. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

This is so AWESOME!
  6. Brother Cimorelli New Player

Name: SuperDeathstrokeCIA
    He is the clone/son of Deathstroke created by the CIA to be a asset for them. One day the exobyte fell on him, and he gained Ice powers. Now he possesses everything that makes Deathstroke feared, plus Ice powers. He mainly works for the CIA but now occasionally works with the JLA and the heroes...
  7. Zuse Loyal Player

8. Batattack Beyond New Player

9. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  10. SN92 New Player

Real Name/Alias: Akumi Naga
    Power: Red Lantern Power Ring
    Origin: Once a member of the Saito family, recently deceased during various crime events. Akumi lost all hope for her lost loved ones. Living alone, Akumi's hatred for every evildoer grew over the years, despite her calm outer appearance. Crime after crime, their was loss; her father shoot during a hostage crisis, her brother bullied to the point of suicide, and her mother dying in her arms after being ***** and killed with her unable to do anything. So much pain, so much hate, so much hate went unnoticed during the arrival of the Exobytes and the Lantern Corps. that a wayward power ring of crimson light accepted her immense bottled hatred, turning her into a Red Lantern. Having near lost her humanity, Akumi was found by the Blue Lantern Saint Walker, who soothed her burning passion of vengance, allowing her to gain free will over herself once again. Eventually, she came to be at the wrong place at the wrong time when Brainiac invaded the city of Metropolis to steal back his Exobytes from the future and to seize Earth. Captured and imprisoned, Akumi's consealed rage and pain of loss still burning inside of her allowed her to use the ring's power to free herself. Once knowing her ability to use the ring on her own, Akumi came to seize the opportunity to fight back against the same injustice that took her loved ones. Whether it was on Earth or from the deepest parts of space, Akumi vowed to use her eternal fury to subdue that very same evil.
    • Like x 2
  11. melvinpox Devoted Player

Apoxitus
    Rage Villain Duel Wield

MelvinPox was cloning himself. Out boinged a muscular beast with a gas mask and a mowhawk. He got mad that Melvin wouldn't share his quantum pogostick. I mean, he got really, really mad. A red lantern ring found him.

Um...
    The End.
    • Like x 2
  12. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I've wanted to do this for a while and sooooo here goes. :D Took so long mostly because I screwed up the character naming. Simplex was taken during Beta and so I went with my own screen name. Unfortunately, when I made my live character, I didn't think about going back and changing it. And now...everyone knows me as b0b. Ugh. -facepalm-

Subject: Simpl3x (if I ever decide to buy a rename token :()
    Mentor: Superman
    Preferred Weapon: Bow

The Cortez family was still waiting on their American Dream to come true. When his parents had moved to this country, they thought their lives would improve. Instead, they found poverty and crime. The only time Roberto seemed able to escape was in school. He excelled academically. He wasn't sure how he managed it, but he outperformed his peers with very little effort. His intellect allowed him to finish school early and land a scholarship to a nearby university. Due to his family's lack of wealth, school was where Roberto first experienced computers. He used study halls to meet with the Technology teacher and learn all he could about computers and technology in general. He found himself majoring in the topic and dabbling in the computer lab whenever he had a chance.

It wasn't long before he was looking for more of a challenge and found himself in the hacking world. He brainstormed a moniker and settled on Simpl3x, enjoying the way the name seemed so simple but described something so complex. That's the way he viewed the technology world. It was vastly complex, but people viewed using a computer as a simple task. He considered himself a white hat hacker, always trying to make the best decisions he could on the jobs he undertook. Though barely out of college and still quite young, he was quickly making a name for himself in the computer world. That was, until the exobytes were released.

Waking up trapped on an alien ship was a surprise to Roberto. He hadn't realized the exobytes had affected him. Using his intellect, Roberto escaped. Soon, the exobyte's affect became apparent. His mind was sharper and his skills with gadgetry were far more advanced than before. He was able to create some Sticky Bombs as he battled his way through the interior of the ship before meeting up with Superman. Noticing the young man's abilities, Superman wanted him as an ally. Though his technology skills should have put Roberto under Batman's eye, Superman wasn't sure what more Batman could help the young man with and took Roberto under his own wing.

Off the ship, Roberto let Simpl3x take over. He was no longer the poor Hispanic kid from school. He was now the Tech Genius who could make a difference in the world. He found other humans that the exobytes had affected and tried to group with them. Unfortunately, he was used to being in the shadows due to his hacker background. This meant he kept himself at arm's length from the heroes around him and had a hard time fitting in. He jumped from group to group, trying to find his niche. Finally, having managed to build contacts in many groups, he found a Squad of heroes he felt at home in. Joining their ranks, he felt at ease sharing his knowledge with them, and his will to defeat evil returned. It didn't take long for the Green Lantern Corps to notice his willpower and approach him. Accepting his ring, he was deputized into the corps. Now, Simpl3x has memorized plans to many gadgets to take into battle and hopes that his knowledge and willpower can be an asset to his team.
    • Like x 2
  13. Harley'sPoisonousCat New Player

Justice League Files
    Subject: Bandit
    Mentor: Catwoman/Tim Kyle
    Powers: N/A
    Abilities: Moves like a Shadow, Cat-like abilities,Acrobatic,Martial Artist, Strategic Mind, Sharp-Shooter
    Weapons: Leather Whip,Knives,Hands and legs
    Origin: Abandoned as a child,Catwoman found him in an alley ruffuling through the garbage. Catwoman took him in and trained him her ways. Him and his brother where close,they were adopted brothers. Tim went out on his own trying to stop a criminal named Shareezade. When Casey found this out he swore vengence. Soon after his brother die Casey sought out vengence. He was just an ordinary teen, with a strategic mind. He graduated from Gotham High and went to collage. Soon after he drooped out and went training somewhere in the Middle East. It took him 5 years to get where he is now. A vigilante in Gotham and Starling City. He takes on the role of his adopted brother. Casey states " That i will better the people as my brother, Catlad but in my own personal ways!"
    • Like x 2
  14. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Name: Celestia "Celeste" Arcana
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 115lbs
    Blood type: Ichor
    DOB: Unknown
    Place of birth: Heart of a dying star
    Temperament: Fluctuates drastically depending on the situation. Usually a quirky, spunky, flirty sense of humor. Typically making even the most stressful situations funny. Always willing to help anyone in need. Though, as she is comprised of both light and dark celestial energy, she will quickly show you why she is not to be trifled with or taken advantage of. Her eye color, aura color and even her skin and clothing color will sometimes change depending on her mood.

Many eons ago, when the universe was still young and the line that separated good and evil, light and dark, was not yet drawn. All energies were as one. Yet as years passed, billions and billions of years. Which cosmically is a mere blink of an eye, the energies began to separate. Sometimes violently. Massive supernovas and quasars began to litter the ever expanding universe to the point of chaos. As some stars began to separate, the negative and positive energies simply pushed away from one another and drifted off to begin their journeys. The separation was simple and uneventful. Sadly, this was a very small percentage. Most stars' separations ended with their own destruction. But there was one. One star, that did something incredible. As the other stars were separating, this star was concentrating. Focusing the energies into itself! As if this star had a consciousness and knew its fate was likely a violent end. As these celestial energies became focused to a single point, beings began to form. Hundreds and thousands of humanoid beings. Made entirely of pure cosmic, celestial energy. Beings who contained both light and dark celestial energy. The last known entities to harbor both, harmoniously.

And thus was born Celestia Arcana. In the heart of a dying star. The final seconds of the stars' life, and the first seconds of Celeste's life were still quite violent. For as the star imploded, a black hole was formed. And as soon as Celeste opened her bright glimmering eyes, she was ripped through a wormhole. Traveling through space and time in a quantum leap, she sprang from the other end of the wormhole and hurdled through a galaxy that would come to be known as the "milky way". Throughout the ages she steadily learned how to harness her hidden celestial power. Moving from solar system to solar system, planet to planet. Helping those in need, and destroying those deemed unworthy of mercy and forgiveness. Yet, she felt as if something in her life was missing. Though she had met, and known thousands. She was still alone. A cosmic nomad. As she was moving through one solar system in particular, she felt something. A strong life force near the brilliant yellow sun that illuminated the planets and warmed her as she approached. "There!" She exclaimed to herself as she spotted the source of this energy. A blue planet. Beautiful and gleaming in the sunlight. Unable to contain her excitement she screamed "comin in hot!". She rocketed through the atmosphere and landed gracefully in Metropolis. Just in time for brainiacs invasion. Disturbingly enough, she became more excited at the destruction that brainiac was causing. Celeste was somewhat fanatical about punishing those deserving of merciless judgement. It was her job, after all, to maintain the balance of the two energies throughout the universe.

To make a long story short, Celeste fought endlessly the forces of brainiac. Alone.. Until she met a wonderful group of girls. Girls with talents like her own. And ideals much the same. She had finally had the sense of belonging and family she had longed for. Here at home, with the Justice Girls.
  15. SN92 New Player

Okay, I remade my character again. Here it is.

Name: Sara Iruki
    Hero Name: Akumi Naga

Long before the Brainiac Invasion, Sara Izumi, an 18-year-old girl, lived in Metropolis with her family. That was, until she all alone after which she witnessed the death of her family; her father, her mother, and her younger brother whom she cherished the most. Survivor of a fatal car accident caused by Lex Luthor, who used them as a distraction during for his getaway from Superman; though to Sara's misfortune, succeeded.
    Hospitalized in Metropolis General Hospital, she was considered to have made a full recovery, but inside of her, she was still broken, weak under the pain of loss. Being able to return home to what was left, Sara found it difficult to cope with being alone. As days passed, Sara's life grew worse, when losing her part-time job, having no money to live off of, and evicted from the only home she had. Forced to live on the streets, Sara's heart sunk into depression, then to anger, and finally into great hatred. Sara began to despise the one who placed her life in tragedy, the one who caused suffering for her, and the one who continued to out people's lives in danger for his own personal gain.
    In time, while struggling in the streets of Metropolis, Sara's was aided with compassion by a former martial artist, June Fae, who took her into her home out of the goodness of her heart. June gave Sara food and allowed a night's stay. At the time, the she noticed Sara's intense hatred, and once discovering her tormented past, June taught Sara to secret's of possessing an inner self to control such raging outburst, to bury them.
    Once learning this, Sara's hatred was concealed from the surface. Although learning this technique, she began feeling regretful of her recent actions due to her emotions; theft, harassment, and harm of others she crossed on the street. Completely ashamed of herself, Sara forced herself into hiding her emotions, hoping to never hurt anyone else again.
    Even so, her bottled hatred was never truly gone, nor was it unnoticed. After leaving June's home the next day, the of arrival of the Exobytes, Sara was enveloped in a bright red light that took the form of a crimson ring. Its calling drew her to don the weapon for herself. The ring, boiling her blood in a sudden burst of rage, attempted to take over her mind. As fate would have it, her knowledge of her inner self proved victorious in suppressing her anger that nearly consumed her.
    Now with her new powers forever in her hands, Sara was yet unaware of the coming invasion of the alien known as Brainiac. Captured and imprisoned, Sara came to understand her connection to the red power ring, her intense hatred. Her desire to escape allowed her to use a portion of her suppressed rage to break free from her bonds.
    Eventually surrounded by Brainiac's forces, Sara was then rescued by Superman, who she aided in destroying the ship she was imprisoned in. After being taken to the JLA Watchtower for treatment, Sara came to understand that the ring forever belonged to her, fueled by the emotion that forever grieved her. Yet, at the same time, she felt a sense of opportunity when surrounded by the legions of superheroes who risk their lives to protect others. In moments, Sara discovered that her worse emotion could also prove to be a power of righteous fury instead of petty vengeance. After discussing the matter with Superman, Sara becomes the new heroine of Metropolis, as Superman as her mentor. Eventually, she changes her name to Akumi Naga.
    • Like x 2
  16. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

I would like to see Mepps or Spytle have a contest for best creative Origin story. that being said here in mine My Comic cover is in the Signature.

Hero Name: Knyghtmare
    Power: Hard Light DPS

After witnessing the brutal murder of his wife and young daughter. He goes into a violent rage and kills those responsible for his family's murder. Cause of his actions he is selected by the Red Lanterns and a ring appears before him. Blinded by rage still he accepts the and swears the red oath

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all--That is your fate!".

Over the course of a few years he starts changing for the worse growing more and more violent. When he is sent to earth on a mission of Mayhem he comes across the graves of his wife and daughter. He begins to have flash backs of that night just then the ghost of his wife shows up telling him this is not the man he was meant to be. She tells him to relax and calm his rage. He cant he tells her the rage is to great. Just then his daughter appears terrified of him and hides behind her mother. She ask him again to calm the hate that burns in him. He tries his hardest and then he musters up a Stronger power in him his Will. He then begins to calm the rage. Has he calms he then purges himself of the Rage and Hate in is heart and the red ring falls off his finger and flies away.
    In the Distance Jon Stewart sees this and is amazed to see a red Lantern purge himself of the rage and influence of the Red Corps.This is something Stewart thought could only be done with the aid of a Blue Lantern. He then offers to take him to Oa and train him in the ways Green Lantern Corp. After a year of training Stewart and Knyghtmare are summoned to Earth cause of the Brainac invasion, Stewart, Jordan and Kilowog are engaged in battle with Sinestro Corp members. Stewart is captured and taken to Metropolis City Hall by Sinestro. Just then Kilowog turns to Jordan and says its time He is the only chance we have left. Jordan and Kilowog turn to Knyghtmare and say Swear the Oath its time.

"In brightest day,
    in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight,
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!"

A New Ring appears on Knyghtmare finger and Green and Black suit takes form on him..... Whoa Whoa if I am going to be a Lantern I am going to dress my way... says Knyghtmare. Kilowog and Jordan look at each puzzled then shrug their shoulders Jordan says sure kid i mean you cant dress any worse than Guy and Alan do anyway welcome to the Corp.
    We all know what happened in City Hall
    To this Day Knyghtmare is a Proud member of the GL Corps. Knyghtmare Patrols the Skies of earth keeping it safe from all threats Although he is not your normal GL member Knyghtmare is only the 3rd Lantern to not wear the traditional Green and Black Armor Knyghtmare Dons a Black and Gold Merc armor style and Large Brim Hat he took from Penguin while Defending Gotham.
    • Like x 6
  17. Feenicks New Player

Feenicks used to be a Professor of English at Metropolis University specializing in Phonetics. Phonetics, according to Feenicks, was the best way to study the different dialects in the English language. He also had a great fascination for ancient history. He even opened up a museum near the University (open to the public.....just send me a tell to add you as permission). He was actually studying about the myth of the Phoenix when Lex let loose the exobytes. His concentration was soooo intense that the exobytes infused him with the powers of the Phoenix. But, with his specialty in phonetics, he adopted the name Feenicks.

Short and sweet.

:)
    • Like x 8
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Black Ember was once a great Fire user protecting the streets of Gotham. After 3 years in Gotham and helping the Justice League fight many evils, fellow Heroes and civilians were getting mad at Ember....for burning their clothes. It wasnt on purpose and honestly, armor should be more flame retardant. So with every de-merit, punishment after punishment, the Rage built up and a Red Ring found a new user.

:) ((OOC: I also blame/thank the forums for the Red Lantern Ring lol))
    • Like x 6
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

As you can see I got a family going.

I figure they're a family from one of the dimensions ruled by trigon, sent here, but being true villains they had no intentions of returning to Trigon (why we squash his plans now and then). But while here they got infused with Exobytes giving them even more than the standard demonic powers... hence why they are all so awesome! :p

Short, sweet, but there is a bit of a story behind the madness.

And yes it's a weird smurf like family where there's a papa jeebs but only a jeebette... hmm... either way, no we don't do that damn smurf stuff where we replace every noun with our name... what kind of messed up culture would do that?
    • Like x 3
  20. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Nice one for sure.
    • Like x 1