DLC9: Assault and Battery Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Assault and Battery 8-Player instance. We hope you enjoyed the content.

If you have played through Assault and Battery and have any feedback please take a moment and post your feedback here.

I will update this main post periodically as reported issues are resolved.

*UPDATES*
    • Security Construct Door closing has been delayed slightly.
    • Players that join/rejoin the Assault and Battery Operation should now be sent to the appropriate zone.
    • Hank Henshaw now displays a Tell before charging the furthest player.
    • Hank Henshaw's Charge speed has been increased.
    • Fixed an issue where players in the first room of the maze would escape Mogo/Ranx's wrath upon failure.
    • Fixed an issue where it was possible to finish the maze when doors were being cycled - causing the doors to close and preventing players from finishing the Operation.
    • Fixed an issue where the Security Construct could spawn multiple times.
    • Fixing a fix o_O ...the Security Construct has agreed to respawn in his chambers if you wipe.
    *note*: The above updates may not be available on the Live Servers at the time you read this message. Check our patch notes for more information.

Thanks,
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  2. Ivy Bird Committed Player

I absolutely love the instance especially the maze puzzle near the end. So much better than just tank and spank or random one shot mechanics.
    • Like x 3
  3. Millbarge Developer

Mepps,
    We've got all the feedback right here summed up in this one post. You can lock the thread now ;)

-Millbarge
    • Like x 13
  4. Ogat New Player

I very much like the locations, The caves in Mogo, or halls in ranx are very cool. The Split part feels kinda uneven, the Mogo group gets to do cool stuff in an awesome location, while the metro group picks up stuff while trieing to not aggro 1 bazillion of mobs. The Maze is very refreshing I like this part very much.The last fight for the villains is I duunno how to put it it's not hard in itself just people seem to die in there from time to time for reasons unknown, but generally it ends VERY quickly with just 2 good dps.
    Over all pretty cool, but a tad too easy for my taste.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ivy Bird Committed Player

You need to remember that even though you get better gear here than nex or dox, it is still only a CR86 instance so if you are rocking CR100+ you will find it kinda easy.
    • Like x 3
  6. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

I actually have a comment on the Mogo part for the split group, in terms of the "golem-like" boss (I seriously forgot its name). It seems that when my group went in there, the gate shut out immediately right after our tank went in, leaving the three of us stranded outside.

I guess the question is, was this intended? The quickness of the gate closing seems to be too fast for me, as well, we did not get a portal to go in, so made it kind of weird for us to have to simultaneously charge in to avoid getting locked out. It wasn't difficult to do it per se, but still...curious...
  7. Ogat New Player

You know just as much as I do that gear has actually very little to do with actual difficulty. Also considering that the instance drops the by far best gear in the game I expected at least some issues, there were none no learning curve waltz in curbstomp, and that was it. And no not all groupmembers were rocking 100+ we had 1 considerably lower dps(about 1 third of my dmg), a 95 solo healer and 2 1.8k vita trolls, also correct me if i'm wrong but those raids were never meant to be completed at entry lvl cr at least the OC ones(I recall Jens discussing this during one of the streams, it might have been the Oddysey fnl, not sure tho). Considering this Operation drops way better gear is it wrong to expect a little bit more of a challenge out of it? Because it's nowhere NEAR OC raids at release.
    • Like x 1
  8. Radium Devoted Player

It is pretty awesome I must say.

Like that it really does force you to split up, and the raid can really run smoother with 2 tanks.
  9. Stitch Well-Known Player

We are having trouble queueing up for it. All 8 people have queued but the instance is not popping.

EDIT: The queue just popped after about 5-7 minutes of waiting.
  10. 500ty0w1 New Player

Just finished the raid. I think the best part was the puzzle. The whole maze thing is pretty ingenious. I'd like to see more of outside-the-box thinking like that in future content. All in all, very fun.
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Major Bug:

While running the first 'split' of Assault and Battery (the Ranx/Metropolis part), one of the players on Earth got glitched and had to relog to fix it. (He got KO'd in a weird way and never had a cog. He was unable to flee or warp to rally; he was stuck in the KO'd screen).

When he logged back in, we invited him back to the instance, but when we did, he ended up on Mogo - where he was instructed to talk to Hal Jordan (again). This triggered the fight with the waves of adds / teleport crystals. He was unable to solo it. :confused:

Once the three of us left on Earth completed that portion of the mission and teleported to Ranx, we were able to get him back into the group and proceed normally.

Other than that, it's a really fun Operation! I must agree with the above assessments - the maze was the highlight. Also, I love actually being a Controller in a boss fight!
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The raid brings back CONTROLLING, not just battery duty. That's absolutely FANTASTIC. Really can't stress enough how awesome this is, and it is exactly the kind of stuff that's needed.

Also we have a bit more "non combat challenges". It's not just about being a badass and winning the fight, you gotta pay attention to more than that. Which is great. Maze is cool, everything about it whether you are inside or outside, it's just a great thing.

Splitting the group after the first boss is also pretty cool as it makes 2 tanks viable... although a tank is not necessary for the metro part... and a healer is not necessary for the Mogo part from what we've found :D.

Last fight really stresses good controlling, which is great.

It's really a return to how older raids were done. Which I love. There's so much good about this raid, I just wish there were a bit more challenge in it somewhere is all, but i'm not the target audience.

Ya'll did a truly Fantastic job on the raid. I just hope you guys can squeeze in a little umph for players like me next time :) I think you guys hit perfect for what you were aiming for though. Again, GREAT job, really really great.

One last thing, while this is an operation, it didn't feel all that Operation-y. You do jump around, but I can't say I saw anyone, and I imagine if any of the stuff is shared zones that would only be the Metro part which is all of 5-10 mins. WHICH IS GREAT! lol, I hate operations but this didn't feel like one. I didn't have to run across metropolis completing trivial tasks. Just a great way to make an Operation.
    • Like x 3
  13. Anhur Committed Player

Just echoing what has been said.

The Operation itself is a success visually, mechanically and immersively.

The difficulty balance for the majority is good - though we will no doubt soon be subject to players "upset" about the difficulty.
  14. Solidus91 Active Player

If you re join, you will spawn right next to a teleporter, go through it and you will be in the shared Mogo, go into the main room and the two teleporters for Ranx and Metropolis will be there.
    • Like x 1
  15. Maradakia Well-Known Player

I also enjoyed the new raid. The environment and story are very cool. The iconic NPCs we see and interact with are great. The maze was interesting and innovative.

One potential issue: The final boss fight. It's also an interesting fight, and with time I expect it will get a ~little~ easier since people will be more familiar with what to do, and people will have higher cr. *However*, I think it's important to consider that Nexus and Paradox were listed as 84 and 86... and STILL after all these months people fail over and over quite miserably even when the whole group is 100+ basically. For all the people who say it is fine - I think they are simply unaware of how many people don't have strong enough raiding Leagues to handle this content, and so this was an impassable barrier for them, excluding them not only from participating in these parts of the game, but also from being able to progress their character.

I think that it would be a big mistake to have the new raid simply continue the issues of high failure rates and inflated CR requirements that we had with Nexus and Paradox. My group in AB today was fairly smooth through much of the raid. It took us a little learning period for certain fights, and a few wipes here and there, but we pulled it off in the end. < Keep in mind we were all 99+ as far as I know. But the final boss fight was a disaster. We attempted it an insane number of times. I think we had in excess of 30 wipes. In the end, with replacement people several times, and a ton of patience... we didn't beat it, and called it quits.

The thing here is: after ALL that time invested in this run I walked out with a huge repair bill and nothing at all of use from rewards. I got a few things for the wrong role, and that was it.

Anyhow - my impression was that the final boss fight is harder than it should be. While some groups who communicate well, know the strategy well, and are all geared 100+ might find it about right in terms of degree of difficulty, I think far too many players will find this excessively hard, and that this will have a negative impact on DCUO - as one more raid that is basically not worth even trying to do.

In specific:
    - the mechanic with the canister tubes is fine
    - handling the Manhunters is quite hard, but manageable (borderline)
    - Sinestro hits a bit too hard I think
    - Hank might be the main concern though... he seemed to be hard to control and hits like a truck

Whatever it really is that is causing the issues, I know that the group of people I was with were extremely experienced, and well geared, and we asked lots of questions to learn the strategy, and we were very patient with attempts... but that final boss fight was just not happening.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Klepto New Player

It's a great challenge and requires group teamwork as well. It's difficult but my two times passing it wasn't league runs.

My point is please please don't nerf this raid if/when people start to say it's hard and so on. It's a very good challenge and fits the content.
    • Like x 1
  17. mgibson New Player

First off...Great job on the content, ya'll. The content itself I very much enjoyed. The bugs associated with it, not so much, but I don't mind being a guinea pig.
    A major problem we ran into, and I'm not sure if this was a 1 time thing, something associated with the ops, or just a bug in the game overall. We were running roughly between 5-8 pm EST. In battle, POT lighting bolt was up, but we did not get the ticks. As soon as a battle concluded, we started to get ticks. The trollers were both Gadgets and knew how to run together, as we were all league and have run together for sometime. This started after the split and continued thru to Sinestro/Hank. There was no problem during the First room/Mogo fight with Atrocitus.
    First room/Mogo- Great fights, good graphics. We did get confused on who to take down 1st, but we quickly realized this fight is like Superman and Lex in the previous operations.
    Split- Ran thru the Ranx side, then I as the tank flipped over to the Metro side to help clean up Lyssa.
    Maze- ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT IDEA! Bit confusing at first, but we left half the team behind, and just yelled switch when we were ready to progress.
    Sinestro/Hank- Hmmm....Sinestro hits pretty darn hard, but I as a fire tank can handle him, so I say he's good. We started having problems on Hank. I found that I could not simultaneously aggro both. I could pop power til I was blue in the face...or outta blue as it were...If I had Sinestro's aggro, Hank turned away. As soon as I get Hank back, Sinestro goes nuts on the group. I tried various powers to hold both to no avail. Fireballed them back to back, Enflamed, even popped the immunities that always work. Same result.
    And if I didn't say so before...Nice job!
  18. NyyPope New Player

"The Raid is suppose to be hard" if the new DLC drops and its just a Farm station for better gear and marks whats the point? The game is about earning gear not farming gear. That being said I do feel like their needs to be more repair stations around like on BIA and Family.
  19. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I Love it, had what i believe to be a bug happen to us one of the times though. during the part where the group splits into two. one of the times when we entered the 2nd boss fight on the ranx side there was three of them instead of 1. wiped us immediatly. we just went back in and there was one again. only happened once but thought i should mention it.
  20. Liongale Dedicated Player

The attention to the graphical detail is gorgeous and the music is great, to add in addition to other compliments. When we finally beat the raid too, we felt accomplished, rather than exhausted. This was so on the right track, and I want to thank you for a raid well done.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.