1H nerf is worse than I expected... never seen anything like it

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stamen, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

All these 1h/dual wield threads could end if the devs made melee possible in top tier raids. Provide danger to avoid melee dps never having to move (Warrior's suck in one shot, Avatar of Magic's pancakes, etc) but please let us melee again. I meleed T3 raids in T3 gear, T4 raids in T4 gear, but I can't melee T5 raids in T5 gear.
  2. Stamen Dedicated Player

Followed by three paragraphs of you stating that you agree with me. That's the forums for you. Who knew?
    I would suggest everyone just switch to rifle and clip everything with PD so we can those nerfed too.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sylo Committed Player

I agree and +1 for the rifle nerf.
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Where were you for the first DW nerf? Bow? MA? Downdraft? Throwing knives?

The list goes on and on and on if you haven't seen it you were not paying attention.
  5. Vyltran Loyal Player

I would have to test on my own RIFLE.. since i haven't got any problem using it...

Now on topic, yeah using 1h now is really disappointing cause average hits have been lowered.. but we are all fault of this, first started with gadgets for being OP with 1H, then 1H got nerfed cause everyone said it was hitting too HARD.. now there is it, 1H is totallyyy ruined.. at the end their way to balance things in DCUO are really bad..

I hope they fix that, and don't get intimated by people who cries they get own each day of the week doing pvp..
  6. Stamen Dedicated Player

^ The problem though is that good DPS are going to move to other weapons and reveal how "OP" they are too. The cycle will repeat itself until we've all demonstrated that dual pistol can be clipped to our advantage over unskilled players. Then that gets the nerf bat and we are all back to 1H.

:)
  7. Stamen Dedicated Player

Well, if this is some kind of test, you would fail since bow was nerfed first. Just saying your order is off.
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

DW first they nerfed all the tap BB and then put them back
  9. Slicknsly New Player

what you dont understand is DPS usually stack one stat or the other precision or might , very few do both so your whole video explination is worthless even if it only took u a feew min to do. and not everyone is on PC where u can hack and cheat clipping like mad . all PC gamers are hackers thats why i love PS3 becasue they got rid of all the gameshark and Action Replay that PS2 had.

so a prec stacked DPS who clips powers is wasting their time , such as for hard light ive never hit any "power" for over 1k but almost all weapon/HL combo always hit for over 1k or more. plus ur triple grenade with the rifle is being fixed if it hasnt been already was not intended to be like that.

not everyone can clip nor have the time to figure out all the moves to clip nor use the powers you shown in ur video
  10. Slicknsly New Player

someone had already mentioned it but , tap ranged for 1h now does more dmg than a hold range (charge) attack thats where the logic fails a charge attack should do same amount of dmg over same amount of time. lets say for arguments sake in the time it take u to do decent dmg with a charge ranged attack with a 1h u could get off 4 quick ranged attacks . they should both equal the same amount of dmg . i think thats the point we are trying to make and when a tap ranged can hit and or crit for 700 and u spend mroe time trying to do a charge attack and will barely hit for 700 or 1300 with dmg buff.

700x4 = 2800 quick ranged attacks
    1300x1 = .........1300 charge attack ( if ur lucky to crit and have dmg buff)

even if u hit in a power clip with the charge ranged attack still doesnt stack up

theres your math , absolutely no logic at all
  11. Dump Truck New Player

I'm still mad about throwing knives.
  12. HHAAZZEE New Player

The nerf is ridiculous and its only single target too, talk about adding insult to injury.
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

1H is still totally viable in melee range but I dont entirely disagree with the OP

The developers are terrible at balancing things...I mean just absolutely terrible.

Never has there not been one OP weapon...ever...in the 3 years of the game...

First it was Rifle, then Dual Pistols, then Bow and Martial Arts, then Staff, then 1H and so on and so on...For once, id like to be able to log in and actually be able to use my favorite weapons knowing that whatever I choose is on par with every other weapon in the game...The devs need to start taking player input on balance, because without playing the game, they dont know squat about it.
  14. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

------------------
    I agree 100%! Since I've been playing this game, weapons (and powers) have been getting nerfed and buffed to no end. This is ridiculous! It's crazy to hear players asking that this weapon be nerfed rather than that one, when the true issue and request should be for balance and equalizing all weapons. Although I don't prefer 1h, I've been using one, now that they've nerfed it (to the max) I have to keep playing until I get a good range weapon for DOX or Nexus. 1h is useless now in DOX or Nexus; I'll probably get kicked out as soon as they realize I'm using this nerfed weapon.

I think that the devs need to really step up to the plate! The main, biggest issue in DCUO is unfairness with respect to weapons not being equally effective, powers not equally matched, players not equally paired in PUG Legend PVP, newbies moving up in levels, gear too quickly thus burden the rest of the community in raids, players being at a disadvantage due to the highest level gear and weapons randomly dropping from DOX and Nexus, the odds of beneficial, usable drops themselves being VERY low. This needs to stop.
  15. IdontDps Committed Player

noone cares anymore pick up some dual wields there...
  16. Stamen Dedicated Player

Oh, I definitely understand stacking stats - although I tend to prefer a balanced prec / might build. It doesn't matter if you are prec spec'd because "free" damage is "free" damage. Damage per second is exactly that & it doesn't matter if you are stacking dots of 100 or electrostatic bombs for 1,100.

For the record, on the scale of things PC side, I am a terrible clipper compared to most. I play with straight keyboard + mouse with thumb buttons. Many have told me clipping with a controller is easier, at least on the PC. Have no experience on a gaming console at all, so I don't know if that works for you boys over there or not.

Long story short though, if you aren't clipping even on your ranged attacks, you are missing a ton of damage. Which is why 1-Handed stinks for ranged damage and nearly everything else is superior now.
  17. Dirty Fred New Player

STAFF got the biggest hit with nerf hammer & it was allready underpowered Before the Nerf....

18. TrueOlympus New Player

I stack both.
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

1) 1H had it coming. It was way OP.
    2) Ranged weapons should do more ranged damage than melee weapons
    3) 1H (and hold range in general) was most definitely over-corrected / over-nerfed
    4) At this time, weapon balance is outside of the sweet spot the devs should be aiming for
  20. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

--
    What should devs be aiming for then?