(Code:1048)?

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by ClanSlayer, Mar 5, 2013.

1. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

To all players with this error:
    Please feel free to pm either me or Sean your ticket reference number so we can personally help you.
  2. Jhoinerofox New Player

Help, code:1048 what i have to do!???
    • Like x 1
  3. kryyptyyk New Player

I am getting this message even though I have done nothing wrong. O__o I was simply playing casually with my friend, being fully peaceful and all that - just decided, "Hey, I'll brb going to reboot my PS3 to refresh it; let it cool down a bit." And upon restarting game I've been getting that message everytime. Makes zero sense, I am damn certain I haven't done anything even remotely 'ban worthy' so... Fix it. :( I also have it on PC, and have been an SOE member for years, probably a decade. I just decided to waste 20gb of PS3 hdd space last night so I could play with my friend, then played a few hours today just to get this nonsense? Gee, thanks.
  4. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

There had been some login server issues yesterday which may have caused you to receive this message. Should be fixed now! Are oyu guys still having issues?
  5. Mitchblue New Player

Getting the dreaded 1048 error. As God as my witness I did nothing wrong. Created a character yesterday, ran around for awhile and logged. Today, bupkis 1048. Fix it. See that was mean but I'm little on patience this morning..
  6. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

PC side is having issues as well today. I'm trying go verify my files. Someone said that another SONY game was down as well - they think it is an issue on SONYs side. So it might take a while for them to get their act together.

Use the mighty virtue of patience, hero!
  7. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Yeah, I'm getting an install from running the validation tool. Might want to try that if the PS3 has it in the tools option - not familiar with that game version.
  8. Fensterkain New Player

How do you PM? I got this code today for no reason and it's my day off after a long week... kind of pissed...
  9. Treiling New Player

Ok ya, i have 3 different PSN account, all with a DCUO character, and all 3 of them got the error code: 1048. I have no clue whats going on ive tried pressing L1 L2 R1 R2 and stuff, but nothing happened. I could really use some help
  10. Treiling New Player

im still getting it on all 3 of my PSN accounts
  11. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Just like the 14th, there was a similar login server issue resulting with false display of bans. It should be fixed now but if you continue to have issues, please submit a support ticket :)
  12. Lantern 1388 New Player

I'm getting the 1048 code when I try to log in but I have no clue why. I haven't done anything in game that would've gotten me banned. I didn't get any message saying I was banned but ive tried logging in 4 times with the same result. If anyone has an explanation for this it would be very helpful.
  13. Xanuth New Player

Deleted and moved to PS3 tech support
  14. Siege Tank New Player

ok so I am banned or temp banned without any warning?
    I need to know since I just spent $30 for legendary and then another $50 on just base stuff.

I am making a ticket with SONY atm since I havent been emailed of the banning or suspension.
  15. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

I must stop linking people to old threads because they will necropost on them.

I'm assuming you did try the verifying of you game files?
    And bear in mind not only in this thread but in plenty of other places (if you search on the error) you'll find people saying they get it when there are problems with the PSN.
    A ticket it definitely the way to go though. Support can actually see your account status and advise you properly (and troubleshoot you if applicable). All we can do here is guess wildly.
  16. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Yeah it sucks it says you're supposed to emailed when you get banned. I've never been sent a notification about being banned unless I complained/submitted a ticket to SOE. But anytime it's a 1048 code on the PS3 at least (it usually is a ban). Good luck;)
  17. Siege Tank New Player

yep....... its going to be crazy wondering if they are gonna lose someone that likes to spend $100-1000 a year on just this game alone.
  18. evildr op New Player

So the code 1048 doesn't mean I'm banned ?
  19. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

1048 is a ban code. There have been a few instances where it was caused by a technical issue (rare).
    Contact support and they should be able to inform you why you've been suspended and for how long or troubleshoot you if necessary.
  20. TSR-AlexS Customer Service