Why do people constantly...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KeyuBaN, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I always try to use the worst weapon for 2 reasons

1 - It gives me a built in excuse when I lose
    2 - When I win It shows you can win with any weapon
    • Like x 2
  2. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I just want to say there's no best weapon but there's. Depending on how you play some weapon can max your damage but for PvP that depend if you manage to master your weapon as it's harder than in PvE.
  3. Ice Lantern New Player

I play the game now because of the combat system and out of habit (because so many of the other things I used to like about this game have been ruined).

Your reading comprehension is absolutely atrocious. That has nothing to do with respecting or caring about someone's reasons to play. That discussion is about getting optimal damage output. I respect that people want to play as they see fit. But I don't respect the notion that it will always lead to optimal results because that is simply nonsense.

This is the last time I am responding to you as you are being put onto my ignored list. Your aptitude for understanding simple things is far below the threshold that I am willing to tolerate.
  4. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Statistically some weapons are going to be "better" than others. Does that mean that you will play your best (most enjoyably) with that weapon? Not necessarily. But you need to understand that some players want to be the best, no matter what. When I get a weapon in PvE with better stats, I will often make that my main weapon. In PvP you get a choice, Dual Weild is good right now, because it wasn't nerfed as hard. Is it best for a PvE healer? Not necessarily. But PvP is somewhat like a sport. There are always going to be established and "best" ways to do something. Doing something "out of the box" is only valid in a competitive instance if the method is validated for being more effective. If you are doing something because it's your favorite or easiest for you, you should be honest about that when giving other players advice. There's room for both approaches, but be honest as to why you do what you do. Statistically, there is a "best" car, airplane, parachute, or PvP weapon.
  5. RSL New Player

in a community where many many players seek to bypass anything approaching work, learning, and strategy it's not hard to understand why they want to find the FOTM, OP weapon to minimize how bad they actually play.
  6. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

I pretty much agree with this, but honestly I just use my weapons for their stats. While Dual Pistols, MA, and Hand Blast are my favorites, I use whatever weapon increases the right stats and will help me the most. That's why its important to be able to use ALL weapons and not just ONE because in PvE the odds are you won't get your favorite weapon right away. I never found 1 pair of Dual Pistols (my favorite weapon for trolling) when I was collecting my T4 vendor gear. As for PvP, if you've played with all the weapons and remember most of their combos you will find patterns in other players attacks and be able counter them more efficiently. When everyone was using 1H before the nerf, it didn't bother me that much because that means I already knew that their attack pattern was more range focused and not block. Just knowing this allowed me to thrash most of them without too much trouble (even the good ones).
    • Like x 1
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I never thought this day would come, but I agree with you. There is such thing as a better weapon and it's pretty clear that most weapons became pretty sucky after the Nerf from the feedback I see from players. What needs to be done is Ranged weapons get a Melee boost while Ranged weapons get a ranged buff. HB is the best Ranged weapon from my personal experience, but it still lacks to show that.

Edit: Also, instead of nerfing weapons, they could've buffed the others. I think a lot more people would be happy then.
    • Like x 1
  8. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Let me guess, every powerset is equal, too, right?

Youre basing youre whole argument around "i".
    Fact: some weapons are better than others.
    Fact: some people have more fun by being strong, not by playstyles
    Fact: your opinion is just that

If you want to preach the message of telling people to use what they like, cool...but spreading misinformation about weapon equality is the wrong way to do it.

A tank CAN tank with dual pistols, but why give up the free cc resistance that comes with melee weapons? You CAN troll with DW, but your personal power building will be horrible. You CAN dps with dual pistols, but thats basically like playing basketball with one arm numb from an anesthetic.

Some things are better, nerfs and buffs happen all the time for a reason (good or bad, doesnt matter...it happens because of some form of imbalance or unintended mechanic). This isnt exclusive to DCUO, this is any competitive multiplayer game. DCUO just happens to be one of the worst at finding middle grounds.
  9. KeyuBaN New Player

This is mainly for you and everyone else who is still saying there is a "best weapon".

It still depends on the player, whether you like it or not, that's the way it is always will be.

Look at it this way.

People usually have, different playstyles, different loadouts, different classes, etc etc. Having the best weapon isn't going to effect how THEY play. You can have the "best weapon" and still be god awful, so what's the point of the best weapon then? If you have a weapon you like, chances are it's because you like how that weapon performs due to your playstyle.

If the best weapon in the game was rifle, and a person's playstyle was very aggressive, would you want to suggest that to them? Probably not. Yes rifle is a very good weapon, but it definitely wouldn't fit that player's playstyle.

So yes, this is 100% a fact.

Sure, weapon's may be a little bit better at some things then others are, but it doesn't mean that they're the "best weapon" and you keep failing to see that.

Is martial arts and dual wield the "best" now? the answer is still no. I don't even like MA, and i like dual wield, but not as much as shield.

idk what else you could possible have to say, as this is as simple as it gets.

There is no best weapon. period.
  10. KeyuBaN New Player

It's funny, because I actually do use DW with my troll for 4v4 and 5v5. I use Rifle for 8v8.

A tank would rank with dual pistols because they simply like it. They would be blocking most of the time anyways, and the cc resistance probably wouldn't even be big enough of a factor to neglect dual pistols in the first place.

not all weapons are equal, I agree. But each weapon requires a level of skill from the player to master. If the persons playstyle doesn't include using triangle alot, you don't want to suggest to them one-handed (because you personally spam the heck out of triangle, which may I add, would become predictable) or a range weapon which obviously uses alot of triangle. You want to say, "hey, you should try all these weapons out, because you don't even know what you really like yet."

Once again, like I said, I would suggest a weapon for the persons class if they want a suggestion. But nowadays people are always worried about the best weapon, and there isn't one. Some weapons perform better then others. One-handed performed better then alot of weapons, but alot of people also were using the weapon that THEY liked, and I'm sure they were wrecking people who using OH consistently.
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Same reason people come to the forums to ask people what power they should be, what movement they should use, they might as well ask how to have fun, how to play a game.
    • Like x 1