Sparring target idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by adopted juice, Jan 11, 2014.

1. adopted juice New Player

I have an idea for the sparring targets in this game. What do you guys think about implementing sparring targets for controllers and healers. The controller target would have an empty power bar, which you would test your trolling abilities on. The healer target would have low heath, which you could test your healing abilities on. They have sparring targets to test the players dpsing skills in this game, so why not have them for other roles too? What do you guys think?
    • Like x 5
  2. Musashi Starblade New Player

That actually sounds like a great idea! Damn
  3. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

That is an awesome idea!;)
  4. Gunny New Player

I would not mind this. Good thinking....and that praise does not come from me often.
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

I don't really see the point in having a sparring target just for the purpose blue bar healing. I mean, I can figure that out with simple math. Recharge has a 2 second cool down, pot hits 5 seconds, the other tools have cool downs and timers so you cold just run the numbers on paper. If you wanted to see how you can fill a persons bar up all you need is yourself or another player.

The controller role isn't strictly focused on blue bar healing. Powers and weapons naturally do damage and control targets and the sparring targets already list the damage and types of control effects in the combat log.

I would say I'd like an option to have 2 to 8 sparring targets or one that did a certain level of damage but I could always go to open world and q up for an instance.
  6. Mcarmant New Player

Nice idea. Would be awesome if the devs went through with this.
  7. Musashi Starblade New Player

So if you don't see the point because you could just do "simple math", then i assume that you also don't think there should be the sparring targets in the game at all.
  8. Feenicks New Player

Maybe have sparring targets that hit back. That way you could form a group to test support powers.

But also the OP's idea would be good for solo people.
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Well for one health healing in general is diverse and has unique ways of going about it. Blue bar healing has 2 regularly applied healing abilities. Is it really needed to see how much power you can restore when the numbers are flat? or how fast you can feed it when those powers have the same timer and cooldown for all the powersets?

Also, one sparring target would just have power healed to it under the formula for one player. In a raid, that formula changes lol. Like I said, it already helps with everything but blue bar healing and CC immunities also