Survey: Why do you play DCUO?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Thewoe, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

1 - I Love DC Comics - always close to the Bat Family through comics, animations, toys and games.

4 - I Love the customisation - I'm able to create characters I've developed from childhood very closely.

5 - The combat system - I came from the single player Kingdoms of Amalur and was looking for an MMO with the same level of RPG + action.
  2. Dark Destroyer New Player

3. Starbrand Dedicated Player

The combat system is awesome, a lot of possibilities to a player gets better (learn to clip, learn rotations, be faster, etc...)

I simply could not go back to the usual GW2/WOW way of combat system.

It is a curse and a bless! :)

YOU RUINED OTHER GAMES, DCUO!!!
  4. Lights Derp Loyal Player

6. To T-Bag Zod
    • Like x 1
  5. Harley'sPoisonousCat New Player

1.) HUGE DC GEEK
    2.) ROLEPLAY
    3.) METAHUMAN
    4.) THE BEST OF ALL
    5.) They way its all set up
  6. HealerHollidae New Player

Sometimes i don't even play i just get on and chat.

it's just overall an enjoyable game and many goals to strive for leaving a sense of accomplishment

And i love geek culture
  7. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Mainly to see how much i can get away with berore i get banned lol. I feel as if i am the reason why you can't put the word "goat" in your name :)
  8. QiLong New Player

1 - I Love DC Comics & all Things super heroes

2 - I Love MMO's in General

4 - I Love the customisation

Only because you asked for 3...... But there is more.
  9. Hero of Justice New Player

1 and 4 for me. I love the DC Universe, and I love being able to make a Superhero that looks awesome and can stand next to the heroes of the JLA.
  10. JLMDaVinci New Player

all of the above if there was one but i guess 1 and 4
  11. Wargoosmic Active Player

After playing other MMOs after quitting DCUO, I came back for 4 and 5.
  12. Zhire'El New Player

I'm not going to use the limited multiple choice you gave us...I'll go beyond that.

I like playing tons of games, Skyrim, Need for Speed, TASM, etc.
    When I saw DCUO, I had to get it, it looked fun, I watched videos on it and I really liked it before actually seeing it.
    So I DL'd the game onto my PS3 ( and hopefully when I get a legit gaming PC maybe there as well) and I waited about 40 minutes to start playing.

It was so fluid, nice, and I had a fun time, I've never played an MMORPG game like this before, ( coming from the guy who played Champions Online for roughly 6 months) I love the intense fights, the customization, and how DYNAMIC the game looked in all perspectives.

I got bored of being a mopey Freemium member so I gave 40 bucks to this game, and here I am premium. ( I just got LS, BFE, and some marketplace items, like the 7 day escrow, etc.) and I love it so far, got into a league, made some new friends, got a lot of Nexts and Zeroes, I even got a Lethal Zealot head!

In general, this game is very vast and stylish, I love the customization, voice actors, and gameplay of DCUO, I'm looking forward to getting Legendary soon, I heard it's really nice, and I really like those Checkmate PVP styles, they look really pr0.

Unfortunately, most of my irl friends, " don't have the time" and/or " it looks boring" ( and they mostly spend their time in Children's Online Daycare )so they won't play with me, which was a real let-down, but now that I have some friends in-game, it makes me happy to play more.

Looking forward to this year for DCUO! can't wait to see what you guys do.( the staff AND the playerbase)
  13. xTheRevengerx New Player

I can fight along side the Joker as a super villain with telekentic powers as we attempt to kill the batman who's stopping us from spreading the joker toxin across the city. That is just an example
  14. ADG New Player

1. I started playing it because of my love for DC Comics.

2. I continued to play it because I purchased the Lifetime subscription.

3. I continue to play because I enjoy much of its content.

4. City of Heroes is no longer with us.

5. Champions Online does not remotely compare to it's original form as a book and dice based rpg.
  15. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

1 - I Love DC Comics & all Things super heroes

But more at, the super-hero genre.
    Though I had been a fan of DC comics for a great number of year until a multi-colored ring editor took control and ruined the DC comics that I enjoyed reading. I'm still a fan of the older DC comics.

I would say customization, but, in this area, the DCUO is sorely lacking. I am not sure I would think that if I had not been a City of Heroes subscriber for most of it's duration. (I definitely wouldn't be playing DCUO if THE CITY was still around, even though I left playing it before it went F2P because I didn't like the direction it was going. I couldn't play this if I knew that THE CITY was till around - even if I wasn't playing it. So far superior to this that those that didn't play it can have no conception of how vastly superior it was. Unfortunately, due to the great features and F2P, many that entered within the last 1 1/2 years probably have no idea how great the game was because they rushed past the actual game to get to the end-game and/or farming as quickly as possible..)
  16. melvinpox Devoted Player

17. Mont New Player

good morning Melvin
  18. melvinpox Devoted Player

good morning Mont. haven't been on for a while. need to come up with a thread idea.