Powers Discussion: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stubb0world New Player

Has anyone addressed that shard of life does not activate as a harmful power for the neck mod.
  2. Echephyle New Player

For me all that's missing is for shard of life to apply bad karma. And it needs to activate escalatig might. Sounds like a mistake in coding as it's absolutely a harmful power in dps stance
    • Like x 1
  3. Echephyle New Player

Add me and we'll run something. I'm only 95 cr but i beat a 98cr quantum dps in trigon. We can compare notes
  4. thenewkidd New Player

I would love to see you in action and just know the right person I would run you against to see how you do against him ;)

By the way, I wasn't trying to be conceded by what I said.. I was just saying the rarity of seeing a sorc DPS to compare notes with is not an easy thing to do and finding a GOOD sorc DPS is even harder to find...

It's not like HL where you have a bar or standard to compare to with other HL toons
    Or Quantum or Gadgets or even Ice and other DPS toons... it seems the rare ones that you don't really find anymore are Earth, Nature, Sorc.
  5. Echephyle New Player

True, but since the revamp i've noticed more sorcery dps around. Nature apparently, is the new "it" dps power according to the forums.
  6. Tyne New Player

You've improved Sorcery a lot but there still some problems!

For healer you need a certain loudout and the range of the heals is poor specially for raids!
    Lets say you go full Summoning for healer role very viable now! And I play. Yet the group needs to be close to the mobs? This is a fatal flaw and does not work in Raids, your forced to take Destiny powers for raids or atleast one of them. (My Villains are designed for me not to be forced into a power I don't want) Summoning and Destiny need to work as healing goes on their own with mixing an option!

Soul Well animation time is too long, Healers need to be ready to heal anything and placing a Soul well takes for ever and you can't move or dodge, while placing it. Anything can happen during this time. Sure you have two abilities you can cast but both have a long CD.

Shard of Life range needs to be increased and Transmutation range if you were to go full Summoning Healer! The amount the spells heal are fine it's the range of them causing issues! You can't expect every person to know you need to be close to receive a heal, but get moaned at regardless even though your spamming like crazy! And saving them often causes your/my death because they don't know the small range on sorcery summoning heals! Tansmutation also Requires red Soul Aura or Bad karma to actually heal, this causes issues if you were to raid and have no bad karma spell in your loadout and forces you to go down the Destiny Tree!

Watcher needs to stay by the healers side it often goes into the fray to dps! Take away it's dps function in healer Role it's Named Watcher for apples sake! While this pet is good and the heals are fine being dps and healing it's power pool drops to quickly. Where as the Fury pool does not drop as fast! I currently need to spam Offering each time that's off cooldown to keep the Watcher going and that's a big save heal......

These are the three points to the current issues of Sorcery otherwise it's fine!

So here is something you can do to fix the summoning heals.

Soul Well Faster animation time.

Transmutation & Shard of Life, While Soul Well is Active it boost's the range of the heals by 10 to 20 metres, or another way would be Whilst Soul Well is active These spells heal range emanates from the Soul well but does not effect you twice, this would allow a Sorcery Summoner to cover more ground for a raid! Whilst keeping to the summoner theme!Transmutation heal effect to work while Soul Well Active or read below (Red Soul aura is kinda obsolete and does not work on boss fights)

Watcher no dps stay's by the healers side only heals Or with the above Take out Red Soul Aura from Soul well and Watcher healer role only! Replace with Watcher heal giving Gold soul Aura and Transmutation to work of Gold Soul too!

Red Soul Aura should boost combat effectiveness not to be used with heals I mean Gold Soul Aura overwrites Red Soul Aura so it's a bit useless for a Healer! Have the healing benefits work off Gold Soul Aura would work better!

Suggestions above for Healing role but the animation time on soul well for dps should be shorter too!
  7. Lucaefor New Player

I think that's a valid point, especially when you need the pet to set up Red or Golden Soul Aura for you. I would suggest that the Fury be the only combat pet and the others be harmless support pets that just float around and supply the necessary Aura while buffing or healing.
  8. rockergurl New Player

Quick question, I am a Sorcery healer and was wondering once I max out crit. healing, crit. chance and resto where would the best place to spend my skill points?
  9. Anti Bezz New Player

I get health then def.
  10. Anti Bezz New Player

You should never spec only Summing Tree for healing as the best heal for Sorc is Rejuvenate ad the best HoT is CoP both in Destiny Tree. SoL range is perfectly fine as it is used for healing those near the adds "The Tank" Offerings range is perfect as is. Soul Well can be clipped by both BoS and Rejuv. Not sure what real issues you are having and yes I read your entire thread. I do agree with the Watcher though even though I don't see a point to use him besides for PvP imo.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tyne New Player

You missed the point of the post, Everything for healing is fine in Summoning except the points described! Try it and see for yourself. I'm the type of player who does not want to be forced into the flavour loudout or a Tree Just to heal Raids!

Summoning works very well to heal groups in All content upto Alerts Only! But go to a Raid and you lose healing because of the spread people!

I said there was nothing wrong with Offering infact I mentioned I have to Spam Offering to keep the WATCHER active as it's a Big heal you need to save! The Watcher uses power to heal and to damage his power pool goes down faster than the Dps Fury! So to reiterate the problem is with the Watcher! Forcing you to spam offering to make it effective!

The whole entire point is your forced to Take Destiny Powers to be Effective for Raids! Which I mentioned of the three choices Destiny, Summoning or Mixed!

You have just proven my point by saying to go Destiny!
  12. Anti Bezz New Player

What point, not one power can go one tree and be the best of its own potential, and their is NOTHING wrong with SoL in heal stance. You try the powers.
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

A small but significant change of Sorcery, which I was hoping for, is the appearance and movement speed of the Arbiter.

The bat-appearance makes it difficult to see, that you are stunned. It would be better, if this form would have been changed, for example a lucent projection of ourselves, similar to the spectre-ghosts for example, so we can clearly identify a stunn.

I'd also appreciate, if the movement-speed could be increased.
    For example to be able to move quicker in situations like the shield-phase in Nexus or to get back to the group quicker after being freed from the jail in Paradox. The slow movement can really be a huge inconvenience in such situations, when you use it. I mostly save it for critical situations, when every soder and supply is on cooldown and I'm empty of power to prevent the group from wiping.
  14. Tyne New Player

As I said I'm Summoning Shard of Life is fine healing as I said, the range is an issue. And mate I've been full Destiny and this has little to no issues healing raids very possible to do this. But tree Summoning and you have Issues with Raids only try to pay attention to the problem here! And forced to pick one Destiny!

I can go down any of the other trees except Celestrial never would touch this combo heal power! And pick any of the Trees and heal effectively in Raids!

The only one which struggles is Summoning and this is purely because of the tank only heals! Which are all really aoe heals just poorly designed to only affect the TANK! And we're talking raids were dps, trolls and healers can't stand near the boss, We're talking boss fights were red soul aura fades and the transmutation effect ends, both forcing to go down Destiny! It gives you no choice!
  15. Tyne New Player

So just to Re-itterate for the poster attacking my original post.

Heres a list of powers and Trees I've played and tried for Healing:-

Nature
    Shapeshifting:- works very well full tree healer
    Plants:- Also works well and long range

Electric
    Voltage:- Work well medium range!
    Amperage:- Work well medium range!

Sorcery
    Destiny:- Work well long range!
    Summoning:- Struggles Close range heals!

Celestial
    Cursed:- Works ok but the time for mobs to die can be an issue!
    Blessed:- Works very well Solo Healer!
    Cursed Combo:- Works better than other, slight issue with combo timing!
    Blessed Combo:- Top of the world solo healer!

Celestial is distasteful and makes other healers look bad! When they can heal range is somewhat an issue for Electric being an Issue but not as much as the closeness of summoning being focused around the mob!
    Which creates a huge problem for Raids when Dps Can't get close!
  16. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

17. thenewkidd New Player

is the vid supposed to be only 38 seconds long? with a small bit of talking at the end.
  18. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Yeah, i just wanted to show my loadout and rotation. its real simple.
  19. Toxiic Committed Player

Devs, can you either reduce the cost of the Grand Summoning Supercharge to 50% or increase the time it takes for the summons to go away. As it stands now, it's useless because it only lasts 30s (half the time of a single soul well) and it costs 100% of your supercharge. Making it either/or would make it way more useful since its weak. I like using it as a healer even though there are better powers I can use but I love how I can have all 3 pets out at once.
    • Like x 3
  20. IhealU New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.