What I would like to see in a future update...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drake_DuCaine, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

One thing I would REALLY Like to see in a future update is the ability to test powers before purchasing them. Sometimes people switch powers on their mains and end up hating it and then have to pay to switch back. I would like to see an update added where users could test out any power for a 48 hour time period and then revert back to their old power with the option of purchasing the tested power. To keep this from happening constantly, I think it should only be allowed once a month and once you've tested a power, you can't test that power again. It would keep users happy as they would not be wasting extra cash on things they don't want and will never use. Just a thought.
  2. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

No other opinions? o: Forgot to state that it should be for legendary members only.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

I would like to see them change OBOT and MBOT to the way the raven bounty is set up.
    • Like x 1
  4. Villain Level 30

Nice idea. I can’t really critique it much. Only thing is that premium players who bought DLC and aren’t legendary should get the same benefit if they bought dlc that has said power.
  5. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

If you buy the DLC you should get 1 free power-change token for the power that comes with said DLC. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Little Sister New Player

I don't think SOE will go with a "Make less money" approach. Just my guess.
  7. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Being able to test powers on your character would be nice but the devs would argue that you should level an alt.

That said, I have a suggestion that is the best of both worlds.

Create an option (for those who have the DLC, duh) to log in as a test character unspec’d PP-wise.

Sure this won’t give you the full experience of testing with your current statistics but it’s better than leveling an alt or purchasing a PRT (Power Respec Token) only to regret it.

That said, I’d luv to see…
    • Home Turf bounties rewards brought in line with Sons of Trigon’s
    • Purchasable Utility Belts (don't have us depend on extra random drops for these)
    • Exobytes in WOL Metropolis (I'd live in there if that was the case)
    • Expansion of R&D (it's been overlooked for too long)
    • Reduction of T4 armor by half (25K)
    • PVE Breakout Trinket (since the PVP one doesn't work anymore)
    • Escalating CR Pet Trinkets (Seasonal or otherwise)
    • Revision and expansion of the Iconic tree (60% Damage Modifier, 35% Finisher, etc.)
    • Weapon Supercharges (activated thru some kind of weapon combo, not an actual power)
    • Weapon swapping and combo weapon mechanic (saw a WOL ad using shield and 1H in a stream)
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

- The ability to use legends characters as a sidekick and summon up to 3 legends (you choose which ones if you mp bought them or unlocked them). Much like the sidekick and henchman trinkets now.

The Legends sidekick trinket scales to CR and managed through generator on how long they stay active by your side. Upto 2 minutes max, or til they die. Cool down on this trinket lasts as long as the Central City trinket.

Legends henchman trinket scales to CR, lasts as long as the henchman trinket in duration they are summoned and cooldown.
    New promethium box items can help augment your legends powers/damage/which ever role it is. base cr - automatic. new items can boost its abilties, permanently to 1.25x cr, 1.33x cr, 1.5x cr. (can increase in future with new content)

- The ability to play as Legends in PvE.

Imagine the cash cow this could be. You can always add Legends that can be bought in the MP. Some can be bought with assorted marks. Some legends bought with valor, some with triumph, some with reality marks. Some legends unlocked in game, like a super rare artifact drop, or sent on a special assignment to rescue "x" legend from "x" legend"

The option to full customize a sidekick from scratch.
    -You can level your sidekick up.
    - choose the power set.
    - choose weapon.
    - choose role.
    - choose the load out.
    - earn its own set of power points.
    - earn its own set of skill points. (limited skill points to max out one weapon tree + plus a small number of additional skill points due to some powers bought with sps. i.e speed drain)
    - choose the movement mode.
    - access to your styles.
    - can spec into Iconic powers.
    - Exclusive solo missions solely for helping leveling up your sidekick. In some mission, you might be its sidekick.
    - scaled to your cr.
    - able to apply random buffs.
    - able to manage duration at your side through generator / mainframe
    - sidekick loot drops to help its stat build.
    - etc.

- Celestial consumables. I like using consumables.

New weapon combos to accompany speccing into the T2 skill point innates...with a weapon supercharge (agrees with Darksyde)

New Iconic powers. (agrees with Darksyde's revision and expansion of Iconic tree)

A new power tree to existing powers. Or at least 3 new powers to each tree.

New weapons

Having a random number of Villain Iconics, or Iconic Villain factions randomly assault or taunt heroes in open world at any given time, both on the pvp server, or pve server. After 5 seconds in open work pass pass then Random Iconic heroes, or Iconic faction show up on the scene either to fight, or help stand off.

Depending if your a hero, villain iconics might harass or beat you down in open world, or even disrupt you in solo, duos, alerts...maybe ops, maybe raids (although the latter two might be a rare possibility) and vice versa for if your a villain and iconic heroes show up on the scene.....

A bounty revamp/tweak. When fighting any of the current (and future) bounties along with the mentioned above... That bounty can summon iconics or a distress beacon that oracle or calculator picks up and notifies heroes/villains that "x" bounty is under attack and needs help. That said, random loot drops or marks are given. New iconic styles, new inspired bys, randomly current cr pve or pvp gear can drop.

Content that was cut before official release of DCUO and added back into the game... just for fun or some such.
  9. supernova6423 New Player

This would be ideal, but I doubt it will happen. In my opinion, it is too expensive to change powers. It costs $10 if you have no previous MC.
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

People would do it to collect styles.... I would anyway.
  11. Archsprite Well-Known Player

You can test any power you want on the Test Server if you are Legendary (and on PC) or
    You can make an alt, test the power, if you like it buy the power respec for your main
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I would like to see an option to stack any base items like soders stack, or even consumables 192ct to use and throw at enemies.
    You and your group can bury your enemies, or eachother in a base item trash heap. Fire tank handy? set that base item bonfire ablaze.
  13. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

1 thing i'd like to see in future updates is no failure at launch causing extended downtimes
  14. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

I would like to see a working update period
  15. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

While this would be nice, I think their answer would be there's no reason to since if it is only available to legendary members, then they have 16 character slots in which they can create alts to test powers out.