Worst night on DCUO EVER

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by mistriskitten, Jan 7, 2014.

1. mistriskitten New Player

I would like it to be known that tonight i ran into the rudest foulest mouthed person i have ever met by far while running nexus. the entire raid went great got to last boss and where having trouble and as usual its the healers fault aka me, im used to this constant insult, but it is just a game. Now the world was shutting down for maintenance and we were un able to finish last boss of nexus do to the time constraint. 3 Min till world shuts down a toon, as usual blamed me aka the healer not the time constraint and said some of the most un called for an obscene comments i will post them here but edited as they are extremely crude.
    "I'd like to punch her in the C***"
    "Bet she has a loose P*****"
    This was extremely un called for and because of the world shutting down right as he posted these things in group chat i was unable to report or screen shot this obscenity. I plan on hopefully reporting this user after world comes back up tonight and would like to know if comments such as these are again the TOS and are ban-able offenses. THIS IS A GAME plain and simple and such filth should not be read in a game that adults as well as children play i am complete offended and hope this is read by a GM. I am a married women and enjoy playing this game as well as spending money on it, But i do not pay to be verbally harassed by someone who feels the need to put such dirty words into a social chat box.

Thank you all for reading my little rant and appreciate any comments on the matter below.
    • Like x 13
  2. Deathmike Devoted Player

Sucks that a lot of people are a-holes and there's not much you can do to avoid them.
    You might want to edit out the name though; it falls under blacklisting and it's against the ToS.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 5
  3. Notangie New Player

Unfortunately, not only will the jerk go unpunished, you'll get a slap on the wrist for posting his name.

They need to implement account-wide ignore so you don't have to deal with that guy regardless of which toon he's on.
    • Like x 5
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

It would also help if you list the server and platform you play on. That way the dvs can narrow it down. I know Mepps and Spytle do not take to kindly to that type of behavior.

EDIT: I also think that there should be a list for ppl like that so that we do not need to play with them from the word go. Log in add offenders to ignore list and enjoy the day playing.
    • Like x 5
  5. mistriskitten New Player

thank you for the replies his name has been removed from post was unaware it would cause a issue to let known the name, also i am a pve player and the server name is usps i believe, i believe that that kind of vulgar language should be able to be punished.
  6. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

Sucks you had to go through that, I hate players like that. It's always someone else's fault and they go overboard over a video game. But that just means they have no ambition or life outside of it if they're willing to take it so seriously.

+1 to Buckley. We should make a list of users that are like this and have it a top thread . Player name + Server + Offense/Reason. I don't see why it's against the rules. If they can be rude and disrespectful, why should we not have the option to let others know not to play with them. If they weren't that way they wouldn't be put on the list, and being that's how they are they deserve to have nobody want to play with them.
    • Like x 3
  7. mistriskitten New Player

see drake thats my thought he wont get banned or reprimanded for those foul words but i am un able to let others know of the kind of person he is, definitely think there should be a place we can warn other players about people to look out for .
  8. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Even if you weren't able to take a screen or file a report through the /report command, so long as you have a name, the server, and the approximate time of the offense, I'd recommend you go ahead and file a ticket anyhow on the SOE Support website. That kind of profanity is most definitely against the TOS and if you file the ticket, the support staff can at least start a paper trail on the offender, and possibly even call up the chat logs and see what was said.

You won't lose anything by at least trying to file a ticket, and you might save someone else the unpleasantness of having to party up with this guy for a week or two if he gets a suspension.
    • Like x 2
  9. SKUMBUCKET Active Player

Thats not cool and i feel for you, saw that happen to a girl a few nights ago and got caught up in defending her. I couldnt help it, I see alot of degrading and deragotory comments all the time, from low level bashing to lack of expertice or to just being female, and for me personally i dont let that stuff slide period, real world or virtual. Those kind of people grind my gears, and I agree with Buckley & Drake_Ducaine. I think they deserve to be handled with in a way to make them feel so low for making people feel that way through the things they say, guess you could say thats the batman in me talking lol. And for the record they mock devs and GMs also, so basically they think they are untouchable. They need to know that they can be touched.
    • Like x 3
  10. SKUMBUCKET Active Player

Accidently double posted and had to erase, stupid phone err lol.
  11. mistriskitten New Player

thank you very much for the advice hopeful it will be taken care of some what if not just for me for others he will come across in the game
    • Like x 1
  12. mistriskitten New Player

unfortunately because i report issues with the event i have to wait to post another ticket for this experience
  13. Buckley Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Faust74 Loyal Player

Yup, a bunch of Jerks in this game. You get the same heat as a Controller also, I just mute them.
    • Like x 2
  15. Blazt Furnace New Player

This is why I do not use a mic and never learned to read.
    • Like x 1
  16. SKAVANGER408 New Player

All you can do is learn from this and laugh it off. A lof d bags on this game but never take an insult to heart.

Just keep on doing you:)
    • Like x 1
  17. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

It's not about taking it to heart or not, the fact is it's wrong to do and they're let off without the slightest warning. It's disrespectful and you can say "Just don't play with them" but they'll just go and say something rude and disrespectful to someone else and continue to do so. I'm sure this nice lady didn't deserve any of what that jerk said and to some people words really do hurt and could have made her feel really bad or upset. It's not right. How can you learn from it exactly? If something is going good and you think you have agood group and this guy comes out of nowhere saying things like that...I could see where she wouldn't want to pug anything anymore.
    • Like x 2
  18. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol so people said some bad things to her and all she has to do is to screen shot it. Welcome to the real world big guy and this is an mmo, it brings the nasty out of people.

Btw there's three sides to this story her side, there side, and the truth. Put them on ignore and move on.
    • Like x 1
  19. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

^ Not everyone is a hardcore gamer like you buddy...If you turn on the game just to kick back and have some fun you don't want people saying things to you like that. Putting them on ignore doesn't stop them...Say you had a 10 year old female daughter who liked to play this game and some guy said that about/to her...Would you say "Just put him on ignore and move on." ? I seriously doubt it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Raptor T. Committed Player

It definitely is sad how many people take the game too seriously. Heck I'm CR 100 and I don't say ANYTHING offensive to another player. I know this is just a game.. One day I had to leave a good Paradox group.. But I never worried about because I know there will always be a next time. I'm one of the few players that don't call anyone "noobs" or curse.. Even in real life. Last time I cursed obnoxiously while in a conversation was like 3 to 4 years ago. What's the point of calling someone a noob if at one time you were a low level player.. Or getting used to your role in the game?? Or how would you feel if you were being bullied?? Bad.. So what's the point of doing it to others?

One player like this can definitely have an impact on the community in a negative way. I wish player like this would just stop and think. If you want to be friends with someone and have fun with many people.. Even if you want to be respected by others. Then don't say anything offensive... Saying something rude can even cause a player to quit.

One thing I would like to share with you is that it is important to NOT focus on the problem. Instead, focus on the solution. I would definitely have reported him.. Just like you did. I do hope a GM read this thread as they are constantly looking at the forums. If you have any issues, feel free to ask me anything.. I always love to help others.. It's in my nature to do so.
    • Like x 2