New Movement Mode "Teleport"

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thelight420, Dec 29, 2013.

1. thelight420 New Player

If they made a movement mode blending flight and teleport would you buy a token to change your movement?

(Could they add a supplemental element to all movement modes? A purchasble token that would simple incorporate teleport) Use the R3 to activate would be awesome!
    • Like x 16
  2. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Similar to Quantum tunnelling but as a movement mode?
    • Like x 1
  3. thelight420 New Player

Correct sir!
  4. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

That would be cool!!! I would be keen, I would be keen for different movement animations depending on what stance you choose
    • Like x 1
  5. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I would be cool with this but i would also want to be able to teleport on the ground as well. As far as the supplemental element goes it might work but may be kinda weird to see people with superspeed and teleporting as well. That's just my 2 cents though.

Then again I still think that your movement should be a reflection of your powerset as well at least be optional to use. i.e. when a Fire character flies they shoot flames out of their hands to propel themselves. This is probably a tech limitation that DCUO has at the moment though.
    • Like x 5
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

I like this idea, even though my idea of this was kinda revamping the Powers we have Sorcery, Mental, Electricity, Celestial.
    Celestial would be more different being that a power does not have to replace any moves being that it's a combo powerset which have series of combos to create a teleport move. Ex. Curse tap melee, tap range melee and teleport, you can also aim in the same way as Quantum would.

Lol Imagine seeing tanks teleport.
  7. uly31xx Active Player

I originally enjoyed the idea of an teleportation movement mode (such as Nightcrawler) until i have had to do missions or raids which involved this type of movement mode in action by NPCs. NPCs such as Zoom, Flash, Huntress, Batwoman Future Batman, and Ninja Batman. They are very annoying to target jumping all over the place. Imagine this in PVP every one teleporting all over the place and have the ability to summon pets (Powers/SC/HT). It would simply be unplayable.
    • Like x 3
  8. truth_teller New Player

Mods leave this thread up,but closed the one asking which powers need attention. I guess OP of this thread said the magic words.

Buy token.
    • Like x 1
  9. Alpha Well-Known Player

A former player called madkill tried to get a movement mode of this type put into the game about two years ago and was shot down by the devs. They told him he needed more people to give his thread more thumbs up but that never happened. He hasnt been seen since.
    • Like x 4
  10. Cannondade Level 30

I think it'd be quite hard to add the Teleporation movement mode into the game, because, you'd either have to pinpoint a location in a map, you couldn't stay in the air, or go up to buildings, and then that would sort of be like Acrobatics, because your'e sort of doing a mental Grappling Hook on a place. Also, in order to use it, youd have to select the place to go to. Such as East End of Gotham. You'd have to select the place that'd you want to go to, on the map. And even that, you couldn't just scroll your mouse over a place all willy-nilly, and go to a place, the dev's would most likely have to add pinpoint locations, move stuff around so that way, people don't get trapped in a building, and get hurt, make sure villain and hero safe houses are no where near by, and then finally when their done doing that, they'd have to update Character Creation, and create a design for it, ***** it to shape and size, so that way it'd fit the dimensions of the person, and then make sure it works for the color of the Movement Mode, and finally add it into the story somehow, and then, use it in Test Mode, and edit it if theirs bugs. So no. I dont think they'd do that.

Proof: In the DCUO Event at Comic Con I think last year, they said that they'd be adding Teleporters into the base market a few months after Home Turf came out. Did they? Not that I know of.
  11. thelight420 New Player

I think it would be more challenging and it would bring more strategy to PVP. In addition, I'm suprised they still allow teleport in PVP.
  12. Ghostof91 New Player

To add to that if we don't support each other enough for such ideas it would not be recognizable to the Devs.
  13. Ghostof91 New Player

If such was to be done Im thinking maybe a block distance , it's suppose to be better distance than Quantum, being that, that will be your everyday movement. I would love to see a teleportation in this game other Q tunneling, Im guessing it can work out we just need more votes:D
  14. @Sagittario92 New Player

Thats a great idea I also the idea of teleportation had the option to teleport through buildings and teleport upwards like flight and run fast while teleporting
  15. Ghostof91 New Player

I think that will be a little too much just saying.
  16. BerzerkerUnit New Player

Imagine this:

Your base movement is on par with flight speed but functions like super speed, you move along the ground. You "flit/shimmer/bamf" a few yards at a time. If you stop on a vertical surface or upside down you fall immediately.

While in movement mode you have no "fast movement" your first upgrade gives you a charge bar you activate by holding jump. The charge determines how far you will teleport in a straight line, LOS wherever your reticle is pointed. Full charge takes 2 seconds and can get you from the ground to the metro/Gotham "ceiling." So you can go from ground to roof top quickly enough and running around or in combat you're no harder to track than someone using super speed. Long range tports are locked during combat (escape supercharge being the exception).

Combat moves include a quantum tunnel like quasi lunge, warp portals you punch through, possibly even a summon effect for a Darkseid goon if you make the powerset Boomtube related. Portals that open to hostile environs like the sun or an elemental dimension would also be possible.
    • Like x 8
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

Best explanation of such movement thus far.
  18. Circe New Player

You guys who are against this - you do realize that all the other Superhero MMOs have this movement mode, right? City of Heroes, Champions Online. It should've been here from the beginning IMO.

• Like x 7
  19. Gwalir Loyal Player

I've always thought that Teleportation should be one or more powers instead of a Movement Mode since I can't think of anyone important in DC whose main movement is teleporting. The few teleporters I know of are like Raven, who primarily flies but can also teleport now and then.
    • Like x 1
  20. Samael New Player

IMO teleportation would be cool, however it isn't viable because the thought of teleportation is an instantaneous movement from one position to another at any distance. Time would need to pause in-game while you do your wisp thingy like in that video earlier on this forum post. Which is impossible in an MMO. Besides, some forms had limitations due to the "ability holders" comfort.

For instance:
    1. Nightcrawler feared he would end up in a wall so he perfered to teleport only to places he could visually see.
    2. Jumpers had a hard time jumping to a place they had never been or seen, it was possible, but could lead in death or serious injury if not done carefully.
    3. Most other forms of teleportation require some form of gateway or summoning stone to successfully work.

If they were to do anything, I would like to see a increase in speed of the powered forms of travel, not much more, just enough so you actually feel like you are traveling at the speed of sound (flight), or faster than a speeding bullet (super-speed).

On top of that the addition of an animation to the "rocket-assisted glide" would be appreciated. Like when you activate it a small metal backpack appears (toggle-able and switchable to any jet-pack in game) with wings that rotate into position or fold out from inside the pack. Something like this:
    [IMG]

For an actual new movement mode, I would say possibly adding in small personal vehicles like batman style bikes, tanks, jets. Or even possibly making a new power tied to water manipulation where you conjure up some water and surf around on it. Or you just simply "surf" around like Marvels Silver Surfer.

In the end there are many possibilities, but teleportation just isn't a viable one for a MMORPG.
    • Like x 1