FOOTBALL!!! Week 17, Last Games of the Regular Season

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

Well this is the last week of the NFL Regular season games. For those of y'all who's teams that didn't make the playoffs, here is your last chance to watch your team play for a while.

Texans vs. Titans. One of the meaningless games that will be playing Sunday. Both teams aren't going anywhere after the games is over, but home. Texans were talking AFC Championship in the preseason and Titans were talking playoffs. Neither happened... Not even close.

Of course I'm going to be watching rooting for my team. But, I'd be surprise if they try to win this one, because if they win they may blow having the 1st pick in the draft. If they lose they have it. If Texans Win and the Redskin Win their game, they have still have it. But a Redskins loss and Texans win they lose 1st pick.

So as much as they say they want to win. I don't believe, they want the 1st pick more. They'll keep the game close to make it interesting and then throw the game. I'll be happy if I don't see Schuab starting.
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

it is a bittersweet moment.
  3. LL New Player

Don't the texans need a coach and a qb?

They are tanking...:)
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, after having their destiny in their control, the Lions are looking at the VERY strong possibility of having a new head coach next year. Add in facing Minnesota at home (they always play strong at home) and it could be a bad day for Lions fans. AND I just saw that Calvin Johnson isn't playing. Loooooong day for Lions fans. :confused:

After the loss to Buffalo last week, I thought that Miami was out of it, but then Baltimore lost. So now if Miami wins against the Jets and get a little help, they just might make it into the playoffs. A lot is going to depend on the Ravens/Bengals game, I think.
  5. Zim New Player

Pats pats pats. Always in it at the end. Never gets old.
  6. Dynagirl Committed Player

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

ITS HAPPENING!!! THE DOLPHINS AND RAVENS ARE LOSING!!!:D PLEASE FINISH STRONG BENGALS/JETS!!!
  7. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

Redskins are not giving up on their qb yet. It probably won't matter unless they want to trade that pick to make up for the terrible trade they made to get their qb. Oops. Was that out loud?
    Besides I don't think there is a "sure thing" qb to go first this year. Maybe the Florida St kid if he comes out and he already has a lot o baggage.
  8. Dynagirl Committed Player

OOOOOOOOOOOH MY #$$#%#$^$^@$#%$^%%*&*$@^@$#% GOD!!!
    THERE IS A SANTA!!! MIRACLES FREAKEN MIRACLES!!! CHARGERS VS NON STARTER CHIEFS??? WE PLAYOFFS!!!:D
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

Texans end the season with a loss and a 2-14 record. [IMG]

Congrats to Matt Schaub for making his Final Play as the Texans' QB with an Interception. I guess it's hard for him to see the difference between Deep Steel Blue and Titan Blue. :rolleyes:

On a bright side. Texans lock up having the 1st pick in the NFL Draft. But, it only counts if they make that pick COUNT. Last two times the Texans had 1st pick in the Draft, they chose David Carr and Mario Williams. Carrs is no longer in the NFL and Mario wasn't a bust, he just wasn't #1 pick material. 1st round pick, Yes, but not #1 pick.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Congrats on the win. :)

But now I have to point this out: you know there's going to be questions about how good the Chargers actually are after that game. Having to go into overtime to beat the non-starters for the Chiefs is going to have the pundits/analysts talking for the next week.

Depending on how fast coaches are fired, that is. lol
  11. Mont New Player

excuse me, time to go watch cowboys loose < shakes head i feel bad being a fan>
  12. LL New Player

All signs are pointing too them picking Teddy Bridgewater. You excited for that?

I have not seen him play a lot. I think they might be better off trading down and taking that kid from Fresno St.

Who knows by the time the draft comes they might be reversed In terms of projection.

I just remembered that its David Carr's brother...lol...not sure the Texans fan base would like that....lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I GET TO BE EXCITED FOR THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN!!

FOLES! MCCOY! BOYKIN! KELLY! GREENMAN! EAGLES!

Im still pumped about it hours later...but JFC what a terrible game we played

Offensive line couldnt block anybody, Foles never had a clean pocket, zero pressure on Orton, Witten ate us up and Patrick Chung is the worst player in football...But hey, playoffs.
  14. Dynagirl Committed Player

MY CHARGERS!
    [IMG]
    We did it!!!!:D But, why you have to give me a heart attack all through this game.:confused:

Does that surprise anyone anymore? That has kinda been their thing this season. They have a habit of playing to the level of their opponent. I mean 1 of the 2 Texans' win was to us.:confused: I mean no offense to Houston but, that's just... wow...

Well all that is over now its time to celebrate!:D
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Congrats to all who made the playoffs. :( Sadly for the first time in 6 years, my Ravens are out of the playoffs. See you back here next season! :) Good luck to all playoff teams ... except that one ... you know who you are o_O
  16. LV~ New Player

This has been one of the worst seasons I've ever experienced as a Steelers fan.

Start out 0-4 to crush my excitement for the season, they work their way back when I'm alot less caring, all the stars align on the last week for us to get in, then the refs blow a call on a field goal that costs us a playoff spot.

Not only that, now we have a considerably worse drafting spot as opposed to what it would have been if we hadn't fought so hard. The chargers are going to get destroyed by the Bengals (A game my Steelers would win) and they don't even care because their just happy enough to have made it in the playoffs.

You could not write a worse set of circumstances to fall on a team. I would kill to have finished with a really bad record then to have my hopes and dreams crushed the way they were.

This literally, could not have gone worse for us.
  17. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

And, as you mentioned, you would have had a better draft spot
  18. Faust74 Loyal Player

I say the Texans trade down and get more draft picks. But it is still to early to say since there is no Head Coach. I'm sure the Texans are going to dangle that #1 Draft Pick choice to whomever they are courting for the job. So it just depends who's holding the reigns. The new Head Coach may want to hand pick his Franchise QB in the draft.
  19. Faust74 Loyal Player

Well apparently that game they played against the Texans left an impression on the Texans owner. Word around town is that the Texans are courting the Chargers' Offensive Coordinator Ken Wisenhunt.
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

its crazy because the Steelers didn't get into the play-offs thanks to a blown call by the refs that would have allowed the chiefs to end the game.