just some creative stuffs. :)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SuperiorMouse, Dec 5, 2013.

1. SuperiorMouse New Player

i'm sensing that you were a Spawn fan... ;)

that 2nd one is very cool actually. lots of detail. it has potential :)
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperiorMouse New Player

and so... here's what i've been working on since last night. .... this is the inbetween stages...

[IMG]
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

I was, and still am. I don't follow the books as I used to though.
    I found I was better at horror and monster images than actual superheroes. I even went and sat down at a local comic convention (mind you, not as big as most) and spoke to a few artists that gave me pointers and ideas. But, its been years (probably fresh out of high school) since I scratched some out. I'll have to get back to some after the craziness of the holidays and the stupid ice storm are over.
    • Like x 1
  4. TripleC123 New Player

I am channeling the talent from this thread into me.................
  5. SuperiorMouse New Player

it's weird. i spent my whole life drawing and then i stopped after design school. i think they told me i had to be serious about my art instead of draw comic book stuff. so. but after coming back to it this last few months, it hasn't been bad. it's a little rough at times but i feel like i'm better than i ever was... i think it's from maturity giving me a better eye and standards than i had as a kid. :) so, i say get back to it. and keep doing it. especially if you love it. i am not really sure what i'll do now that i'm drawing again... but i think i'll keep doing it :)

you're channelling superheroes into you? :O don't become a vigilante. you'll get hurt :p

and here's that finished Wonder Woman that Rumour didn't like ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. TripleC123 New Player

I love the little "Ya!"
    • Like x 1
  7. Psych E New Player

Really great work man. I would HIGHLY recommend you get yourself a wacom tablet as your style looks very crisp, indicative of digital illustration. You will find it much easier to ink and color in PS. As an experiment I would suggest you play up more of those sharper angles to exaggerate the motif a bit. Keep up the awesome work!
    • Like x 1
  8. Psych E New Player

I missed this one, love the sharps on this. Awesome job!
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

my initials :)

thank you. i've wanted to pick one up but never really gotten the motivation... hmm.

could you elaborate more on your suggestion of focusing on the angles please? :)
  10. SuperiorMouse New Player

So, I finally finished my WonderWoman re-texture.

A couple things to note. The DCUO model is beautiful. It is so solidly constructed with great proportions. I'm so glad I had a chance to play with it and test my skills against it. However, I have always felt the WW skin is very unappealing and fan or not most players I've encountered agree with that. So, I've always wanted to see what she could look like in game -- especially compared to such a fantastic Superman.

So, without having access to the UVmaps/wireframes I was limited in my scope. I couldn't do a full re-texture without them. I had to use the existing texture as a base of comparison and trial and error it from there. Some areas were not possible to skin that way though (like the hair) or it would take years to complete. :/

Note: for clearer view of the images, click them. and use the Magnifying Glass icon. :)

DCUO version:
    face -- I really didn't like the eyes. shape or style. lips shape was really fine and drawn out making her look old and haggard. the lipstick shade made her look like a red-light district entrepreneur. :/ cheek bones were chubby.
    costume -- well there was some missing detail from the torso armour. some of the detail was very big and uncrisp too.

[IMG][IMG]

My version:
    face - re-normal-mapped the face to take out the smokers lines around the nose and mouth, youthening her. completely redrew the lips and eyes areas. chose more natural tones for makeup. she's an amazon, not a street walker. :)
    costume -- added in torso detail like ribbing and wrinkles. re-textured the panties to give a less "granny panty" cut. re-did all the metal work. new palette for the lasso. this is about a 65-70% re-skin vs Batman being more around a 20%.

[IMG][IMG]

Comparison:

[IMG][IMG]

Detail:

[IMG]
    The point of this was just to prove to myself that I could still do texture work. :) mission accomplished. :)
    • Like x 3
  11. Mermaid Dedicated Player

This is amazing! I love it. You should totally work on Zatanna/Black Canary.. and if possible, Mera!
    • Like x 1
  12. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

The extra details on her costume are superb, and the face is a vast improvement. I think you could of added just a bit more thickness to the outside edges of the eyelashes, they look great up close but could be more pronounced when viewed from further away. I know Wonder Woman probably prefers a minimalist makeup job but might as well frame those new eyes.:)
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

so, i thought about this and i did agree that some weight on her lashes would make her eyes pop more, so, i adjusted. :) it's a subtle change though so not entirely noticeable.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

thanks. :) i don't have access to all the meshes. i only have a handful of them -- so i can't do zatanna but i do have black canary ;) ... i don't have mera either :/

seeing this made me think of what i have access to though, and what i've always wanted to see improved... the BIG winner there (now that WW and Batman are done) is Poison Ivy. i've always felt that Poison Ivy's skin was very unappealing (sorry Devs). :/ so last night i had some free time -- and did the entire Poison Ivy.

Poison Ivy -- 70 - 80% reskin.
    face: complete reskin. makeup. adjusted facial features colour palette.
    body: costume redesign. added detail to the vines. leaves, leaves, more leaves. :)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Mermaid Dedicated Player

OMG Perfection!!! ^^
    • Like x 1
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

i'm still messy. but i'm working on it. :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. SuperiorMouse New Player

lol. thanks. :) i'm super happy with her. a few things i'd like to change still but for now i need a break. i'll do a polish pass on her later in the wknd probably :)

omg! i love that! it's fantastic and i love your style too! thanks for sharing this :) now you're making me want to draw -- i can't though... ugh dilemas! lol ... are you going to keep going? i'd love to see more :)
  17. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

You perfectly nailed Wonder Woman.;) Those leaves on Poison Ivy are amazing. She's probably too sxy in lighter flesh tones, with the new look It becomes more apparent to me that the leaves are all that she's wearing.:D
    • Like x 1
  18. SuperiorMouse New Player

thanks for that pic Arwen. i loved it so much i used the posture. ;)

[IMG]

lol, yes... i really debated on doing the leaf version of her costume but i felt like the suit DCUO used was really plain and unless i left it alone and just re-skinned it as leather or something there wasn't much i could do with it. so i decided to go all out on it. :) i really wish i had access to the uv maps though because then i could do total reskins. i'm learning a lot from these models though. i'd never textured high res models before tbh -- so the workflow of how to skin them is new to me. i can tell from how the files are setup that the process is different. for example, with low res character models you would hand texture the entire model. but on these it looks like the model itself was used to generate the textures instead of having a texture artist do it. i could be wrong of course but it's the only way i could explain the body anatomy texture work being almost exclusively in the normal map. :) i'd love to know what their process is better. :)

and thanks. :) the iconics are really hard because we all have this idea of them in our heads... :) here's a better closeup...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

So, I just wanted to let you know that I arranged a trade for some of these. ;) I'm giving my textures and postures to the guy who released these for the posing software I've used, in exchange for; Zatanna, Flash and Green Lantern character models. ;) I can ask him about Mera but I don't think he has her at all ... :/

SO. I will *eventually* do Black Canary and Zatanna also. :D

(by eventually i mean probably next week they'll both be done -- but don't hold me to it! :p)
    • Like x 2
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

speaking of Mera. I did one for my league boss (atlantean themed toon) which i based on Mera and something for her husband too.
    And yet another messy sketch. :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 4