Ranking Healing Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Blue Bailey, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Vinny Tireshine New Player

How does the ranking change in pvp? Is nature still on top? From my limited experience, it seems like it is lacking in burst heals and defensive options which are great for pvp
  2. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

electric nature and celestial are the best

• Like x 1
  3. rce3 New Player

You dont really need brust healing if you are paying attention. And if people killing your bar that fast, burt healing isnt going to matter anyways.
  4. Vinny Tireshine New Player

That's why I said "limited experience". So what do you think pvp healer rankings are? Does it remain Nature>Celestial>Sorcery>Electricity?
  5. rce3 New Player

i will give sorc for pvp.
    • Like x 1
  6. rce3 New Player

1. sorc
    2. elec
    3. nat
    4 celes
  7. Vinny Tireshine New Player

So sorcery and nature pretty much switch places and celestial is last when it comes to pvp? I have a celestial only in t2 pvp gear but I wouldn't have thought celes was the worst, seems to do ok since alot of it's heals do stun.

I'm working on a sorcery healer, level 22, and he's so far feeling like a weaker version of nature and much more power hungry
  8. Zuse Loyal Player

ha celestial is imo the best in pvp. U can heal and do a lot of dmg unlike the other powers
  9. Gorechild New Player

It's anecdotal, like every response here...

But during the last month I swapped between all the healer powersets in more or less the same gear... In terms of effectiveness I feel (post changes)
    1. Nature
    2. Celestial (because it relies less on stationary aoe)
    3. Sorcery
    4. Electricity (Because two of the best heals rely on having a target, one of which has a big heal at the *end* that doesn't proc if the target dies first)

In terms of what I enjoy:

1. Sorcery
    2. Nature
    3. Electricity
    4. Celestial

If electricity didn't have the issues I mentioned before I would prefer it over nature. I would also like to note that with a group that is smart I see higher numbers with Sorcery than I do with Celestial, but because Sorcery's best heals are stationary AoE bad groups or misfires can be very painful.
  10. CerberusThanatos New Player

Nature > Celestial > Electricity > Sorcery

• Nature is too easy. It's built for group healing. The phermones PI makes its burst healing capabilities for an 8-man group unmatchable in speed and efficiency.
    • Celestial is an excellent mix of burst healing and HoTs. It has a higher learning curve because of the combos, but once your learn the combos it becomes a healing machine.
    • Electricity has a lack of reliable HoTs, but it can easily be overcome by its exceptional burst healing and its "safety nets". It beats Sorcery by a hair because of its ability to heal without a problem while both the healer and group are on the move.
    • Close to non-existant burst healing, but very strong HoTs. A Sorcery healer has to constantly maintain HoTs up and supplement them with Rejuv. It's signature HoT is CoP which has the weakness of being stationary and is thrown at the healer's target.

This is how I look at the healing powers. However, let it be known that Sorcery is my favorite because I enjoy the challenge that comes with it. I have a character of every healing power.
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If your talking about ionic drain, you don't need a target for that one.
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

After the update sorcery now has many burst healing moves.
    • Like x 1
  13. CerberusThanatos New Player

Seemed more like HoT stacks to me to be honest.
  14. NorthernLad New Player

Offering certainly isn't a HoT heal, neither is the new Transcendence. Rejuvinate is not either. There is a good combination of burst heals and HoTs.
  15. CerberusThanatos New Player

I'm not counting SC's as once the bar is used up it needs to be built up again. It's not something that's just readily available with a few PoT ticks, but I do agree Transcendence is not a HoT. Rejuv has always been there and is no advantage to surpass Electricity as every healer has this single target heal. I have not used Offering since the update, so I cannot comment. I missed the thread on the update. How does it differ from before?
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

How can people say nature is boring? Yea you might have a little more time to do things but when I heal I don't wanna feel like I'm dpsing and constantly mashing buttons. Powers like celestial your constantly pressing buttons. I like to get some weapon combos in lol. I guess I'm just to used to nature that when I try other powers I don't like them. It's not that I'm lazy but some powers just take to long to achieve what I can do in a second.

Nature is just more efficient than the other powers and a little easier on the buttons. I like celestial to but is to busy for me. I'm the one who gets people out of jail in wave and I really don't see that going to smooth with other powers lol
    • Like x 1
  17. YodaDog New Player

You sure about that??
    • Like x 2
  18. CerberusThanatos New Player

I play celestial and I am always able to get weapon combos in with my bow. With celestial there's more buttons to press to achieve the same goal as nature in that instant, but what is the difference in time between AcB combo and clipping with CS and using up your phermones to heal everyone and then having to reestablish them? I am not arguing that one is better than the other, but just saying the difference is the learning curve there.

Nature bores me because it does healing so easily. My transition from sorcery to celestial was tough, but once I learned the combos and began to experiment it was not difficult at all and I found myself more active on the damaging side as well with powers not just my bow.

I do love to run with nature healers when I can though lol...
  19. QiLong New Player

When we say "best" are we really saying easiest?

Easiest:
    1. Nature: Standing anywhere I can stack Pheromones. Remove. Repeat.
    2. Celestial: Once combos are mastered. Standing anywhwere I can cast HoTs.
    3. Sorcery: More situational heals that require a bit more planning.
    4. Electricity: Heals that require overall situational awareness.
    Best:
    1. Celestial: I love the creative and effective loadouts that one can make with Celestial.
    2. Electricity: The learning curve and skill it takes to be truly effective with it.
    3. Sorcery: More situational heals that require a bit more planning...... yeah i know its the same thing. lol
    4. Nature: Awesome Range. Turning HoTs into Burst if needed. Buut doesn't take long to master.
    Funny thing about Sorcery is I remeber when it was kinda like easy mode (Pre-Nex and Wave). My friend Zeikial described it best " I can lay down CoP for the Tank. Soul Well and Watcher for Group and go in the Kitchen, make a sandwich, come back and everyone is still fine."
    • Like x 1
  20. NorthernLad New Player

Not too familiar with it before the update. I didn't use it because it seemed to have more negatives than positives. It used to damage you, and I don't remember it being a burst.

Now, they have removed the self-damage, and it's a 4-person burst heal (that also heals your pet if you have one) and restores some power over time. It's basically the one thing that Sorcery was missing, and now has.