War of the Light Part I: Creative Director Letter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Dec 11, 2013.

1. skullphaze New Player

Celestial is inspired by The Specter and Eclipso. Now me personally, maybe someone can enlighten me cause I'm not up on my history with those two, I don't see how they inspire healing. Lets be honest here, Will Power along with Fear shldnt pwr ppl up. That would be a Blue Lantern deal right? But here we are Will and Fear are controller powers. Now I am not damning the devs for it cause it is a GAME. I think it would be harder to convince the people @ DC to allow the Hope Power to be available to villains unless there is a villain Blue Lantern that I am not aware of. So lets go with the theory that Blue may be a healing power, whats the opposite of that? Despair. Whats the closet thing to it? Accepting death, which is why "I" personally would like to see the black lanterns. Its not a secret that us Lantern fans would like to see some small resemblance to the Blackest Night story line. I mean c'mon, its epic!

If Eclipso inspired characters can heal and is powered by celestial and the villains have a different color scheme (purple....to a certain degree I know) then I'm sure they could find a possible way to lets us have the power of the black ring to assist Neckron or Black Hand or whoever to eliminate the light from the universe and make it all black.

On another note, Violet could be a healing power too and maybe MAYBE orange (yeah right.......don't do it devs, its a stretch). Hell, I would settle for Indigo myself. I mean they were all former villains or bad guys ( I just dont want to have the urge to do NOK, NOK jokes ).

Bottom line, I cant see Hope being accessible to villains (unless they were cultist like Jimmy Jones ilk). And to those that dont want Lantern powers anymore......dont worry I'm sure Atomic and Water and Wind and eventually Captain Planet will make his way in ;) I kid I kid. But I dont want anymore lantern powers after the healing set. Let us have for each controller tank and healing and then we are done.
    • Like x 1
  2. A7X REV New Player

When war of the light comes out there will be a cr requirement to run the content and get gear. Sons of trigon and origin crisis had a 84 cr requirement. I assume new dlc will have a higher cr requirement to get gear.
  3. Riddle99 New Player

Yea i was thinking that so i wanted to know if they would put a cr requirement , that you could get by modding t4 armor , like that free and premium player that dont have the Sons of trigon and origin dlc , but want to buy war of light 1 dlc could get the armor and could play the content of the dlc
  4. risingtide New Player

Actually it is. Listen to the Oddessy podcat he mentions not doing more powers there. Also someone made a "whats the next power going to be thread" and Jens said and I quote "More Ram for the PS3" referring to the issue they have in which the PS3 physically can not handle any more powers do to ram limitations.
  5. Riddle99 New Player

i have one question for devs, if a premium or free player decides to buy war of light 1 dlc could he be able to do all the content the package brings like the duos get the armor from vendors , without owning origin crisis and sons of trigon dlc. I ask this because im thinking in buying the dlc but if i cant get the armor and do the duos and raid without buying sons or origin is useless to buy it
  6. MugenM422 New Player

I'd love to have the blackest night/brightest day storyline, taking on nekron then finding/taking on the entities, and rocking an all lantern team :)

What if it was just that some blue lantern rings got dished out not paying attention to who received them, that way you could have hope as a power on both sides? Once again, I don't see us needing any more than that, and black and whites shouldn't be controllable, they're just not variable...

Any way, let's just keep our fingered crossed and "hope" that "all will be well"
    • Like x 2
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As long as the CR requirement for the content is 89 or below then you will be able to buy the gear most likely. Since you will have access to the content that means you will be able to earn Marks of Reality which means you will be able to buy Tier 5 gear (Atlantean Monarch or Manta depending on your faction). T5 gear is not tied to a DLC, the currency the you need to buy the gear is tied to DLC packs. If you skip Origin Crisis and Sons of Trigon then as long as you are able to actually run at least one piece of content in War of the Light Part 1 you will be able to, eventually, buy the gear. Keep in mind that gear will also drop in the instances that could even be the equivalent of purchasable T5 gear. We know that there is a set of gear that drops that is item level 90, but I imagine there will be lower level ones too.
  8. Riddle99 New Player

Wow that really answer my question , thanks but do you think war of light content i mean raids and that kinda stuff would be 89 of below?
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No way to tell for sure yet. The highest CR requirement for OC and SoT is 86, and the whole point is to progress from T4 to T5 with these DLCs so I don't see them having a requirement that is higher than is obtainable by T4 people.
  10. Jaobigboy New Player

I
    imagine it's going to be a higher cr to enter said content, that's going to be above the said t4 equipment max level, otherwise what's the point of progression in the game? I wold imagine it's going to be around 94 to access content and 96 to buy next stage gear if they keep to the program
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLoneLantern New Player

Nope, he never said that at all. Go to 10:30 in the lockbox video.

People need to stop making assumptions and twisting the dev's words. That is how rumours are born.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Maybe, maybe not. We won't know for sure until they actually tell us, but I really don't think they would completely box off people who are between CR84 and CR89.
    • Like x 1
  13. skullphaze New Player

Yes I cant argue that lol, All will be Well!
  14. risingtide New Player

So as I said Jens said PS3 is on its last leg in terms of memory. Of course they are not going to flat out say they won't do more because that would cause an outrage. Couple his "we need to be very clever to add more powers" with his comment towards the next power being "More RAM on PS3" you can draw a logical conclusion that unless something changes its going to be extremely difficult. It sounds as though they most definately can not do 3 more meaning IF they ever did one they would have to only do 1 of the 3 roles as a power which would likely cause more uproar than not doing it at all. Add in that they have at least 8 more DLCs after WotL1 to add to an already strained PS3 system, one can easily conclude that content will outwiegh more powers. Apologies for being smart enough to understand that.
    • Like x 1
  15. shadwfyre New Player

Gotta agree with risingtide on this one. ps3 is basically maxed out.
  16. TheLoneLantern New Player

Apologies for not making deductions, and then trying to pass it off as what the devs actually say. I never said that I didn't agree with you about future powers, I just provided evidence on what Jens actually said.
  17. risingtide New Player

As did I, He ACTUALLY said "More RAM for PS3" was the next power. Of course it was a joke but it was a relevant joke. I also said "he mentions not doing more powers there" which he does in the podcast. He also mentions its possible if they find creative ways to do powers as well but part of the reason they didn't do a Hope/Rage thing was because they are running out of room. Nothing I said was false and all I did was use deductive reasoning. Didn't realize intelligent guessing was against the forum guidelines.
  18. Infamous Legacy New Player

what's good dcuo nation. here's a small red lantern teaser I found while I was in game...

19. isamunore New Player

celestial is based off the specter and eclipso because thier powers come from the higher being. Eclipso was a guardian angel but was corrupted and the specter is God's rage and the instrument of his vengence. Black lanterns arent villians, their the enemies of life and could care less about hero, villain, good or evil and can only be controlled by nekron and black hand, save for Hal Jordon who is recorded as the greatest Black Lantern and overcame that control with willpower before Kyle Rayner restored his life. Any more lantern powersets is stretching it to far and I still dont think making us red lanterns was a good move since DC has other characters powered by Rage that arent red lanterns. I'll try the power like everyone else but my main isnt going to rock a red sparkly on his finger. I love what Geoff Jons did with the lantern corps but don't have an interest in being one myself. Characters like Majestic, Ion, Mon-EL and Superman are much cooler
    • Like x 1
  20. Lazy2Eyes New Player

That music was really wierd n out of place for a dcuo video...u need to change that lol