War of the Light Part I: Creative Director Letter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Dec 11, 2013.

1. daffy324 New Player

I don't understand that if they can put the villains and heroes power rings in detail like for example Sinestro or Hal Jordan, then why can't our's be too? Our's are just a light flashing green or yellow.
  2. melvinpox Devoted Player

Have not read all of these posts. But it makes sense to me that War of the Light Part Two should be love and a healing power. We have had hero and villain Star Sapphires in DC continuity. And part three has to be Black Lanterns with the power being Death. And we have had heros be black lanterns as well.

Just my two cents.
    • Like x 1
  3. Adamwiseguy New Player

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you and pretty much everyone else who wants yet ANOTHER lantern related power.

I was actually really looking forward to Rage being the new power because of characters such as Superboy Prime, Doomsday, and Jason Todd (a "hero" who isn't afraid to kill). These were some of the more well known DC characters who have their rage as one of the reasons why they are a threat to their enemies.

But then the letter mentioned the use of constructs, burning plasma, and the ring glow. This made it into the erstaz red lantern power that half the forum players wanted instead of an actual rage powerset that could have been the pseudo super strength/might powers that the other half of forum players were requesting.

Now if I do make a Rage powered toon, people will assume that it's a red lantern. :(
  4. risingtide New Player

Has no one honestly seen that there will be no more powers? Jens stated last week that the PS3 can not support any more additional powers after Rage so their options are release things for PC and PS4 only or stop making powers. Since they have stated they are not abandoning the PS3 its safe to say it will be a LONG while before you ever see another power after Rage.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...why would it look like that? The blood pool has been in game and used by actual Red Lanterns since September 2011. It's used by Atrocitus and Vice in the Ferris Aircraft duo and by Vice (and possibly Guy Gardner on the villain side - not sure) in the Oan Sciencells alert. If it's going to be a recycled animation then it will be that.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

On hero side it's the reward for collecting all the briefings in the Fight for the Light DLC, and on villain side I believe it drops in the Oan Sciencells alert. It's called Gardner Style Vest I think, or else just Gardner Style.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Because if they gave the characters actual rings then they would likely have to design a separate ring for every single hand style in the game. It's much easier to just give us a glow, it would take too much time probably to design a ring for every hand style since they all vary in size.
  8. Kiza Uzumaki New Player

yes no new powers that mean od new content *** yes thats increadible
  9. psi-knight New Player

I just realized that too late to edit original post. Still think the look is cool, but might go for a more street warrior look for my Red Lantern, who will have a score to settle with the Joker's crew in Gotham.
  10. TheLoneLantern New Player

That's not what he said at all...
    • Like x 1
  11. SaintWalker46 New Player

But Violet lanterns have almost always been females.
  12. SaintWalker46 New Player

Why are so many people hating on the new lantern powers? There's nothing wrong with a little more lantern lore. Like I have said before, if you want to call this "Lantern Universe Online" after the new lantern powers come out, then right now you could call it "Elemental Universe Online". I personally think that people are overreacting about the powers. Just because they're coming out doesn't mean you have to play as them.
    • Like x 4
  13. skullphaze New Player

It seems almost certain that Hope may be a healer role, but can't see villains having that power....... BRING ON BLACK LANTERNS FOR VILLAINS!
    If it doesnt make sense to your then I think you shld read Blackest Night. This game is dying for some zombies lol!
  14. MugenM422 New Player

I've read blackest night, the black lanterns are basically Nekrons constructs (no control of themselves, their just a corpse)
    They couldn't be playable, NPC's maybe though, with a mechanic based on introducing 2 light power via friendly NPC otherwise you can't kill them?
  15. skullphaze New Player

Your're correct, cant really argue with that but hear me out. We are getting Rage powers and historically when one gets the power of rage they lose their heart and reason plus not able to display the ability to create constructs except for a few. I think the people at SOE have shown a willingness to alter a few things to make it work within a game concept. Im sure if they really wanted to they would allow us to have our own presence of mind to help out Neckron in some raid or something battling the power of Hope for some sort of control that this story may (or may not) present to us. Again, this is hopeful wishful thinking. Right now in the New 52 Guy is the defacto leader of the Reds. Rankor is the only one who can display constructs atm (SPOIL ALERT..... that cat licked his blood of the floor and is able to create constructs too). With that said we some how get to keep our reason without jumping in that pool of blood. So all in all no biggie but if we want it to happen, the devs and DC will find a way to give us what we want..... Hell we got emblems after 3yrs of QQing LOL!

I rather have Death vs Hope and some White Lantern NPC (Kyle.....or Sinestro lol) to help out. I just want to avoid being a Star Sapphire or Indigo. Can you imagine going NOK NOK while using your powers lol.
  16. MugenM422 New Player

I guess the devs has shown us that whilst some people would argue about the use of such things as rage being controllable and a useable power set, but how can you expect to control a black lantern? And what would the powers be? The black lantern rings only power is to control the corpse of a dead person with the view to power the black lantern... What powers would you give them?
  17. melvinpox Devoted Player

Yes to this. But we're playing a game here. Green Lanterns are recruited per sector. That hasn't stopped us from all trying a green lantern ring. There's only a handful of red lanterns, but that's not going to stop us from making more. I can put wings on a toon that doesn't have flight. So on and so on.

You're never going to have a perfect match for any of this stuff. Just speculation.
    • Like x 1
  18. melvinpox Devoted Player

Um..why make a lantern dlc and have a non lantern power? That doesn't make sense to me.
    • Like x 1
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

Guy Gardner was a Violet Lantern for a bit. Writers have even stated men are allowed to join but its the matter of the spectrum finding it difficult to find men that are worthy.
  20. Riddle99 New Player

I have a question , If a premium or a free member buy the War of light 1 dlc And he doesn't own origin or trigons dlc , can he still get the armor of war of light 1? or he needs to get sons or origin to get that armor??